PDA

View Full Version : Swimming upstream.

Jenny Elwood
10-18-2014, 03:44 AM
I am currently finding myself on the downward slope of Jennifer(at home)’s "pink fog" graph and don’t know yet when the loss of altitude will make me encounter that dreaded (pink) fog again. I know that it will (inevitably) happen and my plane will head back up towards the “comfort zone”, but for now I’m just going with it and enjoying the resurgence of my masculine side, I suppose. I can’t bring myself to read another “Do you feel more feminine?” thread. Wearing woman’s clothes more and more often does not make you more feminine, it makes you look like a woman more often. :2c:

Sorry.

So today I’m going to watch the All Blacks thump the Wallabies, see the Lions (the Provincial rugby team I support) book their Currie Cup final spot. I’m going to drink beer, belch and shout at the referee like a soccer hooligan. I’m going to get grease under my short fingernails. I’m going to throw my baby in the air till her mom gets scared (yes, I’ll be careful and I’ll do it before drinking all that beer!) and wrestle the other kids to the ground.

So never being one to burn bridges, I will resolve to lay off the forum for a while at least. (Chances are I’ll be back soon anyway :battingeyelashes:). I have a great appreciation and respect for all you lovely ladies (and that includes the GG’s who care to engage us). I have formed as good a friendship with some of you as an online platform (as opposed to a real life one) will allow, but please forgive me in saying I will not miss you too much in this period of abstinence. Being the abrasive character that I am, I know I will probably not be missed much anyway! :slap: I just need to hang with some “real” men for a while.

Adios.

Adriana Moretti
10-18-2014, 03:52 AM
good for you....i love flipping the remote between the baseball playoffs, football, and pre-season basket ball right now its the perfect storm of sports...lets not forget hockey too if that floats your boat........these things go in cycles.....i use sports to maintain the balance.....and a beer and a burger never hurt anyone once in a while. Its good to grab your crotch, beat your chest, and stroke your chin every now and then...

Beverley Sims
10-18-2014, 03:58 AM
Well come back when the Wallabies thump the All Blacks.... :)

Alice-V
10-18-2014, 03:58 AM
Good luck and have heaps of fun!

Be sure to tell us how you did when you get back ;)

Hmm... Beer... Ooh!

Katey888
10-18-2014, 04:30 AM
Have fun Jenny... :)

I suspect that rare are the ones amongst us who, like you, feel the need to come out to their SOs, publicly show their female side, yet are still able to balance this internal dichotomy with all those overtly male traits and behaviours... but I'm sure it's good to have a bit of balance in life...

Enjoy!

Katey x

rachel_rachel
10-18-2014, 04:47 AM
I get like that.. With scores being level as I type this I'd expect the wallabies to get beaten!! If I followed the ruby I might even care...
Of late with the exception of Wednesdays I'm finding myself further in the "blue" myself.
Of late my football team (Hawthorn in the AFL) has won back to back premierships, I've gone back to playing sport (at 38) and don't get a lot of time for "pink " time with work as well (5am starts ruin me)

Marcelle
10-18-2014, 06:08 AM
Hi Jenny . . . nothing wrong with being who you need to be and that includes our male side. But I agree with Bev the Wallabies are more likely to thump the All Blacks :battingeyelashes: Enjoy your boy time both with the guys and with your lovely SO and children.

Hugs

Isha

Jenny Elwood
10-18-2014, 06:44 AM
Wallabies 28 - 29 All Blacks. Closer than I thought, and sealed with a try in extra time so it seems I can only come back next year Bev (when they play again). Good luck with the Cloak and dagger stuff in the meantime.

Here's to hoping I get my other prediction right as well.

Cheers, you guys... sorry girls are still special. :)

Donnagirl
10-18-2014, 08:02 AM
Ouch... Just watched that game... Bloody Wobblies, choking with all the finesse of Greg Norman at his best.

I can so relate to how you feel Jenny. Come on back when you're ready... I'm also in a similar mode so I think I know how you feel....

JayeLefaye
10-18-2014, 08:24 AM
Bless you Jenny!

You know we'll still be here if and when you need us....And believe it or not, some of us will actually miss you:-)

Enjoy your time, however you spend it. Life is short.

Jaye

Jenny Elwood
10-18-2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks all you beautiful people. This day just keeps getting better!

Lions 50 - 20 Sharks

Time for a beer before the second semi starts. Burp!

Eringirl
10-18-2014, 09:33 AM
Totally get it Jenny. It can ebb and flow. Be well, and be you. Hoping that we can cross paths here again one day should you return.

Renee Elise
10-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Sometimes the feminine vibes wane, and as such the desire to dress subsides. Nothing wrong with that...ride the wave. Just don't purge anything because the waves always turn back...kinda like the tides. Nothing like beer and chips during football season :)

Teresa
10-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Jenny, doing the dad thing is not going to hurt maybe you'll enjoy it so much your Cding may be gone for good ! Well lets just say a few hours !
How could you even consider leaving the forum you know we'll miss you besides who's going to keep the South African flag flying, surely you can recruit a few more from your part of the World !

Hanging with real men !! You haven't seen me let loose with a chain saw !!

Isabella Ross
10-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Completely understand this, Jenny. Absolutely love being a manly man myself. Today I will attempt to kick ass in my weekly Saturday golf tournament, drink beer afterwards, and get warmed up for NFL Sunday tomorrow. It's all about balance. However, unlike you, the pink fog is descending rapidly on me at the moment -- I haven't worn a pretty dress in almost two weeks! Can you root for the Seahawks in drag? I think I will tomorrow...

Julie Denier
10-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Enjoy, Jenny! Such is the duality we face. Looking forward to seeing you back here soon ;)

Adriana Moretti
10-18-2014, 02:38 PM
just a quick laugh, living in america..I have never heard of those particular sports teams so it sounds like this to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha-z25ipm_c

Alice Torn
10-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Jenny, The Ying, and Yang need to switch off, and take turns sometimes. I have not put a dress on for 11 days. World Series doesn't help, here! Hope you come back, whether you stop dressing or not!

Melissa18
10-19-2014, 05:23 AM
Hi Jenny,
get away and enjoy your man time,
I just wish I could get away as well! form the turmoil of the wallaby camp

Adelaide