PDA

View Full Version : Could you handle

Candice Mae
10-18-2014, 06:33 AM
Could you handle living as the oppisite gender full time?

lynda
10-18-2014, 06:44 AM
yes i would love it, i love when i feel and look like a women, i would love to dress 24/7 for the rest of my life . ifeel more like myself talking a and being withother girls hugs lynda

ArleneRaquel
10-18-2014, 06:49 AM
I have been living as a woman 24/7 for over 10 years now and I love it. :)

Lisa760
10-18-2014, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure but I would love to Try it some day most I've gone was from Friday afternoon to Sunday night.

Nadine Spirit
10-18-2014, 06:56 AM
In short, no.

But more than that, sure I could handle it, but that is not me. In trying to do so that would be like trying to live as a man and conforming to that genders culturally defined norms. It is not me to do that and it would not be me to do the same thing as a woman. I see my gender preferences as existing somewhere in the middle. Interesting enough, for a long portion of my life, I couldn't mentally handle doing that either.

BOBBI G.
10-18-2014, 06:57 AM
I've been in the world for the last two years, and there is no going back. I am the girl I was born to be, and will let the world know every day.

Bobbi

Margot Emerson
10-18-2014, 06:59 AM
No doubt that I most definitely could. In an instant! Not only could I, but I would prefer to. I don't think I would have said that a year ago, but that was then.

Sarah Beth
10-18-2014, 07:01 AM
I would have to say no. There is just so much more to my world than my time as the opposite sex. If things were dfferent if my life had gone a different direction than it did and my circumstances today were different I might have tried doing that. There is just to much man in me to be Sarah full time.

DebbieL
10-18-2014, 07:28 AM
Today, I can and do. I've been living full time as female for about 18 months now, and have been quite happy doing so.
For 3 years before that, I lived 120 hours/week as female - work and church were spent in "boy mode" and barely even then.

When I was 20, such a thing would have been almost unimaginable. Back in 1976, transgender males were not treated kindly at all.
Even going to an women's college as one of 25 males, I feared discovery and it's consequences. I worked on stage crew and had to deal with carpenters and welders (doing carpentry and welding myself). It paid tuition and I couldn't afford to lose the job.

I was attacked 2-4 times a day in elementary school, twice a day in Jr high, and was assumed to be gay in high school. Even though I wanted more than anything in the world to be able to be a girl, to be able to go to school as a girl, to be able to play with my girl friends at school, to not have to pretend to be a boy, I couldn't even talk about it with my parents. They knew, but what they didn't tell me was that the "cure" for someone like me, back in the 1960s, was shock, torture, and lobotomy. I didn't find out about it until days before my father died, after he told me "Be yourself, even if that means being Debbie".

Stephania
10-18-2014, 07:32 AM
I would say yes as I have since last January.

kimdl93
10-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Handle it...yes. But I have to qualify that. I have no reservations about living day to day as a woman. I've done it for weeks at a time. But there are parts of my life where I'm less sure about being accepted....that would include my wife, who has really grown less accepting, along with some extended family members and business associates.

natcrys
10-18-2014, 08:02 AM
What does that mean exactly?

Just wearing the clothes and heels? Having to wear make-up? Having to deal with the unequal pay?

If I look at my GG friends.. most of them don't wear the stereotypical feminine clothing or heels. Only a few wear make-up.

So, I don't really know how to interpret this question... :confused:

jennifer_w
10-18-2014, 08:06 AM
I would say no, more or less for reasons like Sarah summarized.

Zylia
10-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Assuming I was born as the opposite gender; sure why not? 50% of the world's population seems to be able to manage it.

Krisi
10-18-2014, 08:15 AM
If I had a female body I could live full time as a female. 50% of the population does it every day. Getting up every day and trying to disguise my male body as female? Probably not. Too much work and not 100% effective.

Dana3
10-18-2014, 08:18 AM
In a perfect world, without any and all of the judgmental , stereotyping, categorizing, prejudice, biased, etc involved? I could and would do it just to have the experience of doing so. Trouble is? Life is what happens when you make other plans! The Titanic PLANNED to sail from Great Britain to New York, but didn't quite make it.

There are progressive parts of the country where one could do so? But they are the exception and not the norm ~ and even in those areas there's your 10% of azzhats, that believe its their God given right to set others "RIGHT" to their way of thinking and seeing things, all the while they themselves are the less mentally, emotionally, psychologically , and spiritually un-evolved persons stuck in strict binary logic and perception.

Princess29
10-18-2014, 08:19 AM
its not for me

Tiffany Jane
10-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Simply, no. In a way Tiffany is an expression of part of who I am and doesn't represent the whole being. She reminds me that I have deep intimate feelings that I keep and that others around me could have the same and should be treated as such. Dressing is a time to reenergize the soul as it is time out of my everyday life to let go of the things that have weighed on me.

Although it is therapeutic, it has taken a lot of soul searching to realize it is an outlet more than a direction.

Marcelle
10-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Hi Candice,

I would have to say "no". As I explore this portion of me further both personally and through therapy (or counselling if some prefer that time better), I realized that I do suffer from some minor GD in that one my identities is definitely female and she needs to express herself openly for me to feel complete. However she can never go full time as my male identities (e.g., husband, brother, soldier) are also very strong and would feel out of sorts causing chaos (my mind gets very busy and no not in a psychotic sort of way, just confusion). So I would have to return to being boy to establish harmony once again.

I know, seems weird but then again we are all different. :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

CarlaWestin
10-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Could you handle living as the opposite gender full time?

Geez, this question is deviously simple and complex at the same time. So, this would mean that in my life right now, from this point on, I present as and, expect everyone to view me as, female? At this point of my life, I am positive that I can handle things way more severe and challenging than this. I can sure think of other things that could happen that I could handle that make the thought of living as the opposite gender a walk in the park. Do I want to? I really don't know. Say an unfortunate, one-in-a-million reaction to a medication set off an irreversible hormonal change that made me female and necessitated an eventual total surgical completion to stay alive. I would certainly be more emotionally prepared than the average cis male. I would probably just dress androgynously most of the time like most GG's do anyway.

So, to answer the OP question.

Yes! Yes I could.

jeank
10-18-2014, 09:13 AM
No, I don't think so - I really enjoy being Jean for a few days when the opportunity presents, which I do wish was more often, but I also enjoy my male side and there are a lot of parts of it that would not be compatible with my female persona.

If my dressing wasn't restricted, I'd be sort of stuck with the best of both worlds :)

Eringirl
10-18-2014, 09:28 AM
If it was just me, I think so, at least I would give it a shot. But hard to tell until you try it. In current circumstances, probably not as I would loose my SO. But this may be the fork in the road I am at anyway....

ChristinaK
10-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Nope. Not full time. I enjoy taking off the wig and the bra too much. Also, I am a full time man and part time woman. Full time would ruin it!

Renee Elise
10-18-2014, 09:53 AM
In a word, no...my masculine instincts / feelings are very strong...just as I felt out of balance (but didn't understand why) with my femme side suppressed, I think I'd go crazy with my masculine similarly suppressed. Like many others being able to express myself en femme is a huge relief...and above all, fun! Being a girl 24/7 would be too much.

Kate Simmons
10-18-2014, 09:59 AM
That would not be a problem Candice. :)

Cheryl Ann Owens
10-18-2014, 10:15 AM
In a perfect world, without any and all of the judgmental , stereotyping, categorizing, prejudice, biased, etc involved? I could and would do it just to have the experience of doing so. Trouble is? Life is what happens when you make other plans! The Titanic PLANNED to sail from Great Britain to New York, but didn't quite make it.

There are progressive parts of the country where one could do so? But they are the exception and not the norm ~ and even in those areas there's your 10% of azzhats, that believe its their God given right to set others "RIGHT" to their way of thinking and seeing things, all the while they themselves are the less mentally, emotionally, psychologically , and spiritually un-evolved persons stuck in strict binary logic and perception.

Dana has pretty much summed up many of my thoughts. Today I'm retired and live almost 24/7 except when I have to be out in public or with family or friends which is a very small percentage of my life. Living the way I do is second nature and taken for granted by me and and my wife. There would be many "IFS" for me to fully transition. IF I had the money, easily blend into society and without any repercussions of any sort, I'd say yes. It's not the clothes or what's between my legs, it's me.

Cheryl

Samantha_Smile
10-18-2014, 10:20 AM
A weekend might be a laugh, but full time?
Psssh, f**k that with a pointy one.
I could not cope with the beauty regime daily, I'd have no time for anything else LOL

Seriously though, no. It would not be fun any more.

Jenniferathome
10-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Not a chance. I'm a dude. I like being a dude. Sometimes, I'm a dude in a dress but that is nothing like living as a woman. I couldn't take the pay cut either.

jennifer_w
10-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Sometimes I wonder whether I am attracted to CD because I do not have enough opportunities to do it. I suspect given the chance to do it as much as I want, anyway I want, the thrill may simply disappear. I don't know, but that is what I feel.

vicky_cd99_2
10-18-2014, 10:33 AM
If the girl I see in the mirror matched the girl you see when looking at me then maybe. But my frame and size do not allow it. I can never look like a genetic girl not even close. You know that whole lipstick on a pig thing, it applies. Vicky is an escape from reality, she always has been. I have been dressing in one way or another since age 9. My male side is definitely the dominant factor in my life. Accepting Vicky has been the most calming thing I have ever done though. She has put the bubble in the middle

suchacutie
10-18-2014, 10:51 AM
I would love to be able to be Tina full time.....for 3 or 4 days. Then male for 3 or 4 days. Then Tina....etc. That would give me complete immersion in both genders for a period of time and yet still give me the satisfaction I gain from life in each gender. It would be even better if my two gendered selves could live in two different cities, just far enough apart to really separate my two selves.

cassandra54
10-18-2014, 10:57 AM
I could do it, but I don't really need or want to. I am pretty much the same person regardless of how I dress. I could go to Wal Mart dressed and I have, or do errands but I'm a little lazy at times at its just as easy to throw on a pair of shorts and a tee shirt.

My guy side has a pretty cool life. I love it. My girl side shares in that life.

Sandra
10-18-2014, 11:13 AM
I think some of you have got being able to handle and wanting to mixed up

The OP asked

Not do you want to live full time.

Sallee
10-18-2014, 11:18 AM
No I don't think I would. Cross dressing would loss its thrill which is why I like it. I have spent 3 to 4 days fulltime and at the end I was tried of it I wanted to get back to being me, which is interesting since that is what we usually say when we are dressed. Although I do understand why some do want to transition and maybe if I was younger I would go that way.

Isabella Ross
10-18-2014, 11:48 AM
I suppose I could attempt it, but I would have a very difficult time doing so. I love having a foot in both worlds. Too many important things in my man's world.

jennyloveschange
10-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Me personally I couldn't. I like the thrill or the build up and planning as much as anything. Because I don't get to do it a whole lot it seems to make it that much more exciting when I do get to dress. A couple three days is enough for me

Tracy Hazel Lee
10-18-2014, 11:59 AM
If was born female? No problem... Otherwise...Probably not.

Julie Denier
10-18-2014, 12:02 PM

Nope - no way. Maybe for a weekend, after a professional makeover. But I am truly a dude at heart - a big ol' tall fat dude who likes sports, cigars, being sloppy and occasionally feeling pretty ;)

Paula DAngelo
10-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Could you handle living as the opposite gender full time? This sounds like a simple question, but like most things in life it can be more complex than it initially seems. For some one who is a cross dresser (I'm assuming that this was directed mainly to cross dressers however I'll still answer it) it probably is fairly simple, however for some one like me even understanding this "simple" question is more complex than it appears.

If like me you were born genetically one thing (physical) but perceive yourself as the opposite gender (mental) this question is far more complex. Is the question can you live the opposite of your genetic make up, or is it the opposite of your self perception?

If the question is could you live opposite of your physical self full time my answer is yes, I feel that I could. If the question is could you live opposite of your mental self full time, then even though I've done it for a large portion of my life I would have to say no, which is why I've started the process of correcting the mismatch between the physical and the mental.

I guess the simple answer, which I made more complex, is that my answer would be yes and no.

Ressie
10-18-2014, 12:22 PM
If I had to for some reason I think I could. It's not something I would choose of my own free will.

Renee Elise
10-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Nope - no way. Maybe for a weekend, after a professional makeover. But I am truly a dude at heart - a big ol' tall fat dude who likes sports, cigars, being sloppy and occasionally feeling pretty ;)

Love it! Me too...though for me it's whiskey and cigars lol

Teresa
10-18-2014, 12:41 PM
At the moment dealing with my CDing is getting harder when it should be getting easier !
If I could take the two routes to get to a happier place one would be a non CDer, or the other was to live full time I'd take it !
It's not a question of wanting to be male or female it's what would bring me more happiness ! Lets face it many of us aren't handsome hulks or raving beauties, presenting male or female we will fit into life somewhere !

Heather W
10-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Interesting question. I think I could if I were 100% female. Having two close GG friends I know life as a female is not all satin and lace and there is a lot more to it. Still I think I could d it. As Krisi said 50% of the population does it. Besides if I were a genetic female what other life would I know?

marsha leanne
10-18-2014, 01:12 PM
no, could i do it? maybe, could i handle it? probably not. Marsha is a part time escape and fantasy person that has become a part of me. i like her, but she is not ready for the world. and neither am I!

Nikki A.
10-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Not sure if I would want to. I'm not so sure that I would want to give up some of the things and people that I have.
If I was young in today's time with the resources that are available and no responsibilities and relationships, I might a completely different answer.

Connie.Marie
10-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Candice,
COULD I handle it?? Of course I COULD if I had too. I think I could even enjoy it. What's the alternative?
Would I choose living cross dressed 24/7 over my life now? No way.
But If had no other choice, I could do it & would make adjustments accordingly.

Hugs, Connie Marie

Alice Torn
10-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Could i handle it? Maybe, maybe not. Being lifetime single, and 60, I would have a tough time handling all the getting hit on by men..or women. I doubt if i could handle doing all my dirty, hard, greasy, agonizing car repairs, and bicycle repairs, and other fixing things, in a dress and wig. And, getting made fun of, or yelled at, and branded a pervert. I would say i lean toward "No." But, if I had to, I would sure try to handle it, and enjoy some of it.

Julie Denier
10-18-2014, 02:18 PM

Love it! Me too...though for me it's whiskey and cigars lol

Thanks! I take bourbon :D

susanmiller64
10-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Wow tough question, Could I handle it? Yes if I had to, that being said would I like to no. There are things about both my male and female sides I love and need. If I was female all the time I think I would crossdress as a male sometime.
People who know me as Susan know I love long pretty nails and if it was okay for a man to have long pretty nails I would be at the nail salon this afternoon getting acrylic nails in a red or hot pink color. That being said I also spent several days cleaning my gutters and roof and getting my house ready for the winter. The last thing on my mind while I was doing this was Susan or dressing and I would have destroyed my nails. These are the things I do as my male self.
I really do need both sides in my life. Now one of my friends asked me if I won the lottery how would I change. So here is my answer if money was not an issue in my life. I would get laser and electrolysis, I would get my ears pierced (still may do that now), get my eyebrows done and maybe grow my hair and of course acrylic nails, and I would spend more time as Susan. Instead of a day or 2 a week I might be Susan for a few weeks at a time before going back to my male self.
The key is to find out what makes you happy, what you want your life to be. I am lucky as it only took me 40 years to figure it out.

justmetoo
10-18-2014, 02:47 PM
Could I handle it? Yes, I believe I could. Especially if I were genetically female. Would I want to? Not with the physical body I actually have (with hair loss and all), because it's too much work to do everyday, 24/7, to look the way I would want to look.

Adriana Moretti
10-18-2014, 02:53 PM
I think I could....then again I never will know till I try right? And I dont see me trying anytime soon, unless my lotto number comes in.

Bria
10-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Could I, yes. Do I want to, No. Crossdressing 24/7 doesn't mean a dress and makeup 24/7. Look at the GGs that are at the grocery store, most wear pants and few have makeup. The problem for the CD is that we usually need the makeup to be even somewhat blendable. I have thought about could I work as a woman, yes, I'd be wearing the same work uniform that I wear now, I'd just have to get a larger shirt to accommodate the boobs.

My 2 cents.

Hugs, Bria

katie elouise
10-18-2014, 05:03 PM
I would like to think I could handle it ,but as to being made up everyday and everything else involved to go out passable or to blend in can be exhausting and as a regular guy I am just to lazy to commit being en femme 24/7. well somebody had to admit to being lazy !!! Katie x.

BLUE ORCHID
10-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi Candice, It would be fun for a couple days but I would have to get back to Man Land because I have the best of both worlds.:daydreaming:

Seana Summer
10-18-2014, 05:41 PM
No, not me. While I love to dress up, I am what I am, and that is mostly large man........ and I enjoy being a man (who sometime dresses up like a women).

reb.femme
10-18-2014, 05:55 PM
Assuming I was born as the opposite gender; sure why not? 50% of the world's population seems to be able to manage it.
A distinct whiff of sarcasm here,....but funny none the less. :devil:

I'm another of the 'too much man in me' brigade and now in my fifties, my face without make-up is testament to the ravages of testosterone. I would love to wear my girl kit to work as and when I wanted, but that isn't going to happen either. I can fantasise about the living full time but reality is a hard master to me. :daydreaming:

Rebecca

Beverley Sims
10-18-2014, 06:52 PM
No!

Zylia's comment whilst it can be interpreted as subtle humour, :) .... I do like the comment......

It does have truth in it as well.

Alana Lucerne
10-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Nope. No desire to.

Tinkerbell-GG
10-18-2014, 08:54 PM
I wake up like this every day and I think I'm handling it quite well :)

tia61
10-18-2014, 09:01 PM
Absolutely! I dread getting the makeup of in the morning and becoming my male self. I don't know why gg's don't wear dresses and heels all the time. So comfortable and sensual. I hate taking off fingernail polish but my public job demands I conform. Womanhood is better with us girls in it!

flatlander_48
10-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Things like family, job and social obligations aside, physically the answer would be yes. I think I could manage being female.

However, mentally it would be tough. It would mean that those expectations the world has of us as males, and vice-versa, would no longer apply. I've lived over 65 years as male and it would be a difficult adjustment. It is one thing to live as female for a few hours, or even a few days. 24/7 is not as easy as it sounds...

Janine cd
10-18-2014, 09:17 PM
If I were 20 years younger and single, I would have no trouble living as a woman full time and loving every minute of it.

Maria 60
10-18-2014, 09:27 PM
I meet an old friend for lunch today and we were complaining about as we are getting older we are losing our hearing and losing our sight. My friend told me these problems are nothing compared to women, they are much more complicated, as they get older there hormones are all over the place, one minute there hot then there cold, we came to the conclusion it great to be a man

alicia45
10-18-2014, 09:32 PM
I would have to say no. There is just so much more to my world than my time as the opposite sex. If things were dfferent if my life had gone a different direction than it did and my circumstances today were different I might have tried doing that. There is just to much man in me to be Sarah full time.

I've considered this proposition over many years, but I have ultimately (and painfully) come to the same conclusion. I love certain traits of masculinity, i.e., its mythology, its history and fashions--and I rock all of those in a classic, gentlemanly, way. For myself alone, it's intelligence and elegance no matter what gender I represent. Nevertheless, I would enthusiastically opt for a month or two of full-time fem as a balance. I long for the return of days when I could take a week off and dress all day and go out. It was so exhilarating, but natural. These prolonged outings were a welcome balance. Of course, my masculinity is sensitive and not brutish, but I can't say it's the woman in me trying to get out. I enjoy the idea of a noble and chivalrous male, just as I love the fact that I can be a woman and invoke a side of me that also exists without male influence. Maybe they're the same thing; I don't know. As hard as it is sometimes, perhaps we're blessed with this spectrum of duality. I just wish that I had the means to indulge my other side a bit more, rather than famine over feast.

sandra-leigh
10-18-2014, 09:32 PM
I tried it and failed, it became too hard for me. I don't even try anymore. That's why I'm transitioning: my "opposite gender" is "male".

Now if the question had been about chromosomal sex...

Candice Mae
10-18-2014, 09:58 PM
Ah I shouldn't have drunk posted after a long night out, what I ment what was do you think you could handle transistioning and life after words.

MayaMe
10-18-2014, 10:11 PM
A question I have been trying to answer. I think I really just want to be happy and to be me with no limits. I could adapt to living any way I had to, but I don't think I could be happy with that. I am still trying to understand where I need to go.

katlee
10-19-2014, 12:02 AM
I honestly don't think that I could handle transitioning. I am comfortable with my socially presented gender and after having some brief conversation, I think most of my co-workers, friends, and family are not ok with transgender individuals. I enjoy dressing up in private and living that fantasy life, similar to playing a video game, but it is not a reality that I can realistically entertain.

GinaD
10-19-2014, 12:31 AM
So far, my long held fantasy seems to have come true. Just today Gina went to work, came home and took a shower, changed into a pair of shorts, a t shirt, and sneakers and ran errands, went to the grocery store, and made dinner. I was just thinking about how long I have wanted to live 24/7 as Gina and now I am. I hope the bubble never bursts!

Yoshisaur
10-19-2014, 01:29 AM
I have no idea if I would be able to handle living as the opposite gender full time, but I would definitely love to do it.

noeleena
10-19-2014, 03:07 AM
Hi.

Born Female , Live as a female , and i,ll die as a female, and when i do i,ll die as one more than happy female, think that covers me on both count,s as to ?,s .

Maria,
There is help at hand for those of us who have an imbalance of Hormones and it can be for many reinstated close to how it should be,

Just because i... was... perceived wrongly does not change who i am ,

...noeleena...

charlenesomeone
10-19-2014, 03:35 AM
Could I, like others said yes, but don't want to now.
When you quantified your OP, that is harder to answer.
Most TS I have read do not like what they say they "had" to do.
But once they did they are happy. Its not me right now.

Laura J
10-19-2014, 04:07 AM
Could I handle it?
From my current life, it would be very hard. People expect me to be male. I have a family that depend on me.
If I could switch to an 'alternate life' where I am a woman - Yes I think I could handle it. But then I am saying this as someone who has never done it. I am not sure what would actually happen.

sometimes_miss
10-19-2014, 04:13 AM
Could I handle it? Yes. Do I want to live as a MTF non op TS? NO. Do I have the desire to be a 55 year old, overweight, homely woman? Absolutely not; exactly how much would that differ from my current life; not much. Would I take the option to become an average 14 year old female in America? Yes.

Melissa18
10-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Hi Candice,
I don't know, but I'd love to give it go if I had the courage
Adelaide

Mollyanne
10-19-2014, 08:07 AM
I would (oh boy would I) if I could but I can't so I won't!!!!!! If this question came up 50 years ago I would be the girl of my dreams and fulfill my sincerest wish.

Molly

Madilyn A.
10-19-2014, 08:57 AM
I am sure I could be female 24/7. I have always felt as well as dreamed of being female full time. Of course that will never happen.

natcrys
10-19-2014, 10:51 AM
Ah I shouldn't have drunk posted after a long night out, what I ment what was do you think you could handle transistioning and life after words.

Well.. if you put that way.. then no. Simply because I don't want to transition.

I would, however, like to get my life situation to a point where my dressing and related activities are more 50/50.

Adriana Moretti
10-19-2014, 03:16 PM
definately NOT then....no intrest in that at all....considered laser on some of the thicker areas of my beard, but thats as far as I would ever go.

JessMe
10-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Yes. "I" could. ...my family and friends, otoh couldn't. If I had any chance of passing as a gg and living a "normal" life; it would be way more likely, regardless of the aforementioned, but it's not in my cards atm. ...if I were to transition; I'd want to be "Jessica from 3 doors down. " , not "that tranny 3 doors down who calls himself Jessica. "

Judith96a
10-19-2014, 04:52 PM
If you HAD meant "could you handle cross dressing full time?" then the answer in "no" - even if it was possible to do so without negative consequences. Most of the time I like being a guy. I just happen to like being a girl occasionally.

Transitioning has never been on my agenda (see above) so I'm not qualified to comment.

Sarasometimes
10-19-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm on board with the other Sarah and those who mimicked her response. I'm a crossdresser not a ftm transexual. The postings here are aimed at Male to female crossdressers so it is a bit surprising how many here would switch genders full-time. I understand that the wording is a bit vague (is the question, full-time as a crossdresser similar to a pre-op TS or transitioned to TS or as a fantasy GG?).

Joni T
10-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Wouldn't want to nor have the desire to try.
Joni

grace7777
10-20-2014, 01:40 AM
I would love to have the opportunity to be able to live full time as a women. The longest that I have presented as a woman was for nine consecutive days, and it was in June of this year. When not working and out in public now I mostly do present as a woman. Over the past 3.5 years the desire to present as a female continues to grow stronger and stronger.

Talisker
10-20-2014, 01:54 AM
Humans can handle a lot if absolutely necessary but I don't want to do that so it would just be speculation if I could handle it or not.

prene
10-20-2014, 02:13 AM
If I was born or took a pill and was 100% a female, no problem.

Otherwise, that is what I am seeing my therapist for ... will I and should I?

Prene

erickka
10-20-2014, 05:27 AM
I just spent 12 days 24/7 as Erickka, and to tell you the truth, it is a pain in the a$$! All of the appearance maintenance, makeup, etc., etc. I am happy being able to ride the middle of the road....it just works better that way for me.

Jennifer in CO
10-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Spent almost 5 full years on the "other side" from Oct 80 through mid 85. It was fun for about 6 months, then it became everyday, normal life. Having obvious breasts (they grew to almost a C on a 32" frame)as some have stated to 'look' the part made it considerably easier.

BUT...

Along with the fun came experencing the glass ceiling at work, being talked down to like I knew nothing, and other similar "life facts" for a woman in the early 80's. I was expected to be pretty and keep my mouth shut. Even though my job supported me through the transition (something unheard of back then) things like the dress code for women in the management areas was dress only while the guys had suits, slacks, and "dress down Friday's. Was it discriminating? yeah, but it was balanced by being placed on the high pedistal of womanhood with doors opened, seats pulled out and so on. It was an interesting experence.

Miss it....

Krisi
10-20-2014, 08:24 AM
OK, since we're now talking about transitioning, the answer is "no". Just adding parts here and removing them there wouldn't make me a "real" woman. The hands are too big, the feet are too big, the face isn't right, the body proportinos are not right.

Sarah Doepner
10-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Could I handle being a male presenting as a woman 24/7? Sure I could, I've done some things that I never would have thought possible. I worked with people who believed many things I didn't share for 30 years, I rappelled down into a pool of cold water in a slot canyon where people had died a year before and I stayed supportive as I sat with my wife as she slowly died from cancer. Would I like it? Occasionally I would, but at times it would be more trouble than I'm prepared for now. I don't want that kind of challenge at this stage in my life.

Lorileah
10-20-2014, 10:23 AM
This is a whole new kettle of horses of a different color. You see you are asking if one is transsexual if they can handle living as a woman. The answer to that is usually "yes" if the are TS. We don't really have1 a choice. All the roadblocks and all the speed bumps and the "glass ceilings" are part of what you sign in for. My opinion? If you can't stand the heat, you are probably not a TS (although you may play at being one). Handling being 24/7 is what you do to get where you are going. CDs don't need to fear that. If the going gets rough, you just go back to the 1.1 version. But to me, personally transitioning is a commitment. Since I made that commitment I will fight to break the "Glass ceiling" I will fight to be equal. This makes my cause even stronger because I know how different things are between men and women (*which should not be)

I think the OP was more intriguing. Sort of a Dick Gregory idea. See just how the other half lives. Fun and excitement for breaking gender rules, for living on the edge. Mostly because of the mental fears you have, not the real life fears. Like driving a race car or jumping out of a plane. But then you can go home and grill hamburgers. So I get te "If for X amount of time would you dress as a woman knowing you can jump back" is more interesting to me.

Lee Andrews
10-20-2014, 10:28 AM
I would have to say no. There is just so much more to my world than my time as the opposite sex. If things were different if my life had gone a different direction than it did and my circumstances today were different I might have tried doing that. There is just to much man in me to be Sarah full time.

I agree whole hardheartedly.
I cherish my time as my alter ego Lee and think it would just be the same old same old except in a skirt. Lee Is a relatively stress free place to escape from my everyday life. Doing it full time would lose that for me.

ophelia
10-20-2014, 11:13 AM
If you HAD meant "could you handle cross dressing full time?" then the answer in "no" - even if it was possible to do so without negative consequences. Most of the time I like being a guy. I just happen to like being a girl occasionally.

Transitioning has never been on my agenda (see above) so I'm not qualified to comment.

This is a constantly returning fantasy for me. I adore being transformed into a femme-like state. But Abandoning all of the male trappings and being freely able to wear female trappings. If I could remove my beard and chest hair, then I don't think I'd have a problem presenting female all the time. I'd love to be free to try many hairstyles and colors, get all the spa treatments, all the scents.....
But this would only happen if I won a lottery.
My wonder is whether this would get boring....

Rachel_B
10-20-2014, 03:20 PM
I was going to make a post on the OP then I see the revised version. If I were going to transition even with the 1-year life experience, I don't think I could handle it. Even though I think certain things will be easier after the transition, it would just be different. I don't have plans to fully transition to female, I just want to appear more feminine. However, if I was able to do it when I was way younger... I would be able to handle it because my body would look more female then it does now(I know this isn't what was asked but its the way I feel)

Stephanie47
10-20-2014, 03:34 PM
As a heterosexual cross dresser I'd say the answer is "no." I enjoy being a male. I enjoy wearing women's clothing. Society has progress sufficiently that most occupations are open to both genders. Most activities are open to both genders. What I enjoy in life really has nothing to do with how I am attired. For what it is worth playing the role of a woman in my little world still offers stress relief. For me it is more than the clothes. If society would overnight accept men wearing women's clothing, where would I escape to????

Pïnk Lipton
10-20-2014, 03:41 PM
It's hard to say for sure, but I think I'd love to experience life as a biological woman.
+Fun fact; ever since I was a young child I've had this peculiar image in my head that after we die, we get reborn as the opposite sex. Like, I'm male in this life and after I die, I'll be born as a woman. And after that as a man again.
Not sure where this came from? Go figure. :)
But yes, as a male cross-dresser I'd like to think that I could handle living as a woman full-time.

Michelle colson
10-20-2014, 04:40 PM
No I don't think I could handle transitioning. I'm a pretty decent looking guy but at best an ugly women. Hormones and implants wouldn't do much to help that. If I could magically start over as a 16 year old girl, that I could handle and would probably go for.

Candice Mae
10-20-2014, 08:37 PM
This is a whole new kettle of horses of a different color. You see you are asking if one is transsexual if they can handle living as a woman. The answer to that is usually "yes" if the are TS. We don't really have1 a choice. All the roadblocks and all the speed bumps and the "glass ceilings" are part of what you sign in for. My opinion? If you can't stand the heat, you are probably not a TS (although you may play at being one). Handling being 24/7 is what you do to get where you are going. CDs don't need to fear that. If the going gets rough, you just go back to the 1.1 version. But to me, personally transitioning is a commitment. Since I made that commitment I will fight to break the "Glass ceiling" I will fight to be equal. This makes my cause even stronger because I know how different things are between men and women (*which should not be.

Very true Lorileah.

I was just thinking about everything I've been through the ups and downs over the last year, and how far I've come and have yet to go. I Just like to add some realism around here, and make people think out side the box in how most of a CD's problems are minor when compared to a TS's.

JocelynJames
10-20-2014, 09:26 PM
Well said- I echo Isha's sentiment whole heartedly

DebbieL
10-20-2014, 10:13 PM
You mean go back to living as a man - no, that would be a fate worse than death.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt - hated it.
Never again.

lexivanderpump
10-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Candice,
Nope! God made GGs really strong so they can handle anything. I love dressing like a girl but could NEVER have enough strength to handle what GGs were made to handle.

Love,
Lexi V.

kayla316
10-21-2014, 09:30 AM
A part of me would like to try but where I live it wouldn't turn out well. I have an out of state friend who said if I ever visited she would love to give me a makeover and go out with me dressed. Being married however makes that pretty much a pipe dream right now.

ChrissyW1
10-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Could I take living female 24/7? Yes. I'd probably quite enjoy it. But the GETTING there I don't think I could handle. It's not an easy road, especially for those with established lives as men.

Jorja
10-21-2014, 05:35 PM
I have for the past 34 years and plan on another 100. ;)

Glenda58
10-21-2014, 06:59 PM
As much as I like to dress and be a woman full time. NO not now with all the kids and grandkids. If this 50 years ago then yes.

Ally 2112
10-21-2014, 07:17 PM
In my fantasy yes in reality no .There are just to many things a natural women has to go throu .I like the option to be able to be both when i want .Although i wish i could pass in public it would still not make a difference

franlee
10-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Only if I had to! I like being me to much and just CDing when it makes me fill good.

Janine cd
10-21-2014, 09:05 PM
Only if I were 50 years younger and single. If I could start my life all over again, I would leap at the chance to be female all the time.

Tracii G
10-21-2014, 09:08 PM
After thinking about it yes I could.

Sarina Curtis
10-22-2014, 10:26 AM
In all honesty, no. Echoing the sentiments of some others in this thread I'm not unhappy being a guy, I just enjoy how I feel wearing women's clothing. Like ChrissyW1 said the getting there would be the undoing of me. Although my wife seems ok with things as they are now, there are too many ways that going en femme 24/7 would damage a like I generally enjoy and have worked very hard to create.

5150 Girl
10-22-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm almost full time as it is, so yea!!! If I could afford to transition, I would!

lingerieLiz
10-23-2014, 12:01 AM
I could now. Back when I was young I had the chance, but I also liked my boy mode. Today all my friends are women. It isn't sexual, I'm married and love my wife, but I could easily live as a woman.

heather ann martin
10-23-2014, 12:13 AM
No, because that would mean I would have to dress as a man.

Diane Lynn
10-23-2014, 12:42 AM
I am a woman, and cross dress as a man. My wife preferes the guy, so I won't rock the boat. I have no money, no job, and am disabled, with no SSA.

Lynn Marie
10-23-2014, 12:58 AM
An incomplete subject line and kind of an impossible to answer question. How can you know what you can handle until you pull up your "big girl panties" and give it a try?

Jorja
10-24-2014, 01:27 PM
And those panties go up a lot further after SRS! ;)

Jasmine Mae
10-24-2014, 05:11 PM
I wish i had the courage that you do Jorja! I am very envious! I have children that i feal very much need both mom and a dad. If never had children tho,i would Love to live as a woman. Hope in my next life,i get that chance!
xoxo Jasmine