PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready, hands are shaky.

Jordan-NH
10-18-2014, 07:17 AM
At the GF's mother's house right now. Any time the GF has taken me out looking pretty, this has been the base camp because it's so far away from home there's no concern about being made by someone I know. Well, she is spending the day with her mother so I'm getting dressed right now for my first day ever out on my own. Interesting combination of terrified and excited. Amazing the confidence you have when someone that cares for you is by your side. But today, my 5th time out, training wheels are off. :)

CostaRicaRachel
10-18-2014, 07:44 AM
Sounds exciting and fun! What to plan on doing? What do you plan on wearing?

kimdl93
10-18-2014, 07:55 AM
So her mom is supportive? Nice to have a safe house to prepare for days out and about. Have a wonderful time!

Krisi
10-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Have a great day. You're lucky to have a base to work from other than your own home. I have to change in the car.

chelyann
10-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Your lucky to have a place to play
Good luck and have fun

JayeLefaye
10-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Awesome!

Looking forward to checking in later tonight and hearing how it went.

Jaye

Marcelle
10-18-2014, 09:03 AM
Hi Brittany,

Big hug for courage . . . just relax and breath the rest will fall in place. I am assuming you have been out before so it will be the same . . . just solo.

Hugs

Isha

CarlaWestin
10-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Have a great time and let us know how it went.

Eringirl
10-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Good for you! Head up, go with grace and confidence. You can do this. Let us know how it goes!!

ChristinaK
10-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Well, your picture looks great. No problem, if you can keep the jitters at bay. As a fairly recent outey, I can completely identify with you. After you're finished you'll want to go again and again, so enjoy as much as you can. Let us know how it goes.

Jordan-NH
10-18-2014, 10:45 AM
Thank you all for the support. Yes, the GF's mother is very supportive.

Right now I'm standing in the return line at IKEA. Not the most exciting, but must be done. :) After I'm going to a bird sanctuary for a hike and photography. Then ending the day by meeting the GF for dinner and going to a Halloween event in the actual Sleepy Hollow. A full and "nnormal" (as I like to call it) day.

Jordan-NH
10-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Thank you all for the support. Yes, the GF's mother is very supportive.

Right now I'm standing in the return line at IKEA. Not the most exciting, but must be done. :) After I'm going to a bird sanctuary for a hike and photography. Then ending the day by meeting the GF for dinner and going to a Halloween event in the actual Sleepy Hollow. A full and "nnormal" (as I like to call it) day.

Julie Denier
10-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Good for you, Brittany! Have fun ;)

Renee Elise
10-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Good luck Brittany! Have fun!!!

docrobbysherry
10-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Sounds like u had a good day out? In fact, u sound like a TS pro!

susanmiller64
10-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Places that are good to go and pretty safe and easy to blend are Libraries or book stores, coffee shops, I love going to Starbuck’s with my laptop. And of course shopping, just so ideas.
The best advice I can give is twofold, dress as other woman would dress where you go, in other words short tight cocktail and spiked heels not good for shopping. Second is confidence and this is the hard one. If you can come across as this is perfectly normal and you are doing nothing wrong most people will accept this and those that don’t wont confront you. Oh I guess one more as there are always a jerk someplace pay attention to your surroundings and this is good male or female and no matter how you are dressed, safety first. When I chose a place to go I ask myself 2 questions, is this a place a single lady would go by herself and if yes I would ask if I would want my mom, wife, girlfriend or daughter to go by their self. If I can answer yes to these questions then I feel I can go there safely. Have fun and maybe get a picture of two to remember your day.

Beverley Sims
10-18-2014, 07:09 PM
5th time out?

By time ten you will have lost the deer in the headlights feeling and will adopt the frisky mare mode and want to jump the fence all the time. :)
Post again when you get to eleven.

Kara in CT
10-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Hope you had fun. Susan has some excellent advice. BTW, in my case the terror and excitement never go away. I think that's a good thing.

charlenesomeone
10-19-2014, 03:48 AM
Good for you, hope it was a great day and evening.
Hugs

satinnsilk
10-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Hope you have a great time Brittany, it is so freeing to be who you are with supportive friends. Enjoy your day.

Elizabeth