PDA

View Full Version : Girlie Cocktails

vicky_cd99_2
10-19-2014, 06:36 PM
I am sitting here reading all the different posts in a summer dress and strapy sandals. All the while sipping on a glass of 12 year old Kentucky bourbon. I can watch chick flicks, read girl magazines, talk about recipes and cooking, yet I can't drink girlie drinks. I still wrench on motorcycles and cars, smoke quality cigars and drink good whiskey. I guess I am destined to just enjoy both the male and female sides of a confused life. I don't think I can ever completely go to one side or the other. People may think I am messed up, but I am beginning to believe I am well balanced.

Vicky

Thank you for allowing me into this fine community, you girls are awesome.

suchacutie
10-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Vicky, I also cannot, and don't want, to settle on only one gender. I really love both sides of what I am! As it happens, I love good Kentucky bourbon, but also a good white wine. Also nothing wrong with a bourbon manhattan :).

If you're messed up, so are a lot of us, and I think we have the best of both worlds!

Tina

Janine cd
10-19-2014, 06:55 PM
I love wine,both white and red but prefer my white wine with lots of ice.

Julie Denier
10-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Love a fine cigar with a good bourbon or rye whiskey, neat. I only smoke as a guy, which is 99% of the time.

Tracii G
10-19-2014, 07:29 PM
You are fine just the way you are Vicky balance is the key to living harmoniously.
I hope you are drinking Evan Williams bourbon.
Being a Kentuckian I know my bourbon in fact I hauled bourbon in my truck for quite a few years.
Hauled out of all the big and small distilleries here in Ky.
I don't drink anymore but when I have a swig its Lee county moonshine.

Eryn
10-19-2014, 07:39 PM
There are a few "male" things I learned to enjoy and hate to give up. I enjoy a good Porter or Stout and greatly dislike light beer. I like roast beef, chops, and steaks. Depending upon the situation I will occasionally eat or drink something "unfeminine" en femme, rationalizing that if GGs can have quirks so can I. Normally, though, it's the standard chcken, salads, and white wine with the girls.

Whiskey and cigars? I have been known to enjoy a good bourbon, but I wouldn't spoil my palate with tobacco in either mode.

Renee Elise
10-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Balance is everything :).

One of the best examples: a maduro cigar with jack daniels neat (unquestionably masculine) and dark chocolate (every girl's fantasy).

Beverley Sims
10-19-2014, 08:33 PM
I used to like a gin squash with lemonade, (sweet taste) not into dry or bitter.

I can sit there with a coke whilst everyone drinks their alcohol.

I don't like the taste of most alcohol but I certainly do not believe in dry weddings either. :)

RADER
10-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Try a Mint Tulip. That is a favorite at the Kentucky Derby. It is 90% Bourbon Whiskey
with a bit of mint. It can be a ladies drink, however one will put you down real fast.
Rader

Maria 60
10-19-2014, 09:07 PM
Best of both worlds, nothing wrong or messed about that. Cheers.

Kate Simmons
10-19-2014, 09:15 PM
The real goal should be to seek learning who we are not what we are. Then we can move forward, mode of expression notwithstanding.:battingeyelashes::)

taylormercedes
10-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Isn't that the point of crossdressing; being able to enjoy what you want regardless of "belonging to a certain gender?" I mean i love a Cosmopolitan while watching The Devil Wears Prada (don't judge but it's one of my favorite movies) but I would also never want to give up a nice glass of irish whiskey, thick cut of steak, and my war movies.

Adriana Moretti
10-19-2014, 09:46 PM
ha ha GREAT subject matter LOL.....I LOVE a good quality beer...but will only have one on a special occasion to keep my calorie count and tummy in check.

my go to drink is vodka/seltzer/lemon for its very low calorie count . Is that a girly drink? I dunno.
If I am out in party mode, I may slip in an unhealthy red bull / vodka to keep me going till the lights come on, and then to the after party.

I would love to share a burbon and cigar with some of the gals here though...that photo op would be priceless.

Jilmac
10-19-2014, 09:48 PM
I'm not a bourbon drinker but I do enjoy a good amber ale or hearty stout and I'm really comfortable around machinery with rotating blades, pulleys, gears, flywheels, and anything else that can cause bodily harm if placed in the wrong hands. But when I put on the girl, I leave all that behind and totally enjoy my feminine side.

Persephone
10-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Just for the record, according to Vegasmagazine.com, "Jack Daniel’s brand manager Jennifer Powell noted last year that 21 percent of the whiskey’s consumer base is female. Read more at http://vegasmagazine.com/dining/articles/whiskey-women-drinks#oSkmJjjmZVkRkKpF.99.

So it's O.K. for women to drink bourbon! And the brand manager, Jennifer Powell, would definitely know!

I love a good bourbon and I love a good Cosmo! Oh yeah, and I don't mind a little really good Kentucky or Tennessee 'shine too!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Tracii G
10-20-2014, 01:28 AM
Rader its a Mint Julip.

If its made in Tenn its whiskey if its made in Kentucky its bourbon.
Jack Daniels is just too hot and it burns the tongue. Good bourbon is smooth and mellow and it warms your insides.
Evan Williams single barrel is unblended and straight out of the barrel to the bottle.
I have a bottle of Evan Williams that was filled in 1990 out of barrel # 76 so its 24 years old and so smooth.
If you enjoy good bourbon give EW a try I'm pretty sure will like it.
Thats coming from a Ky girl that has tried just about every Ky distillers products.
If you like small batch craft bourbons I can suggest Booker, Knob Creek or Woodford Reserve all are excellent.
Your standard well known brands are OK but not the cream of the crop.
Makers Mark is OK at best and I cook with it or make BBQ sauce or bourbon balls with it.
Wild Turkey is not all that impressive and too hot with a lot of bite again a characteristic of a blended bourbon.
If you come to Ky take some distillery tours they are loads of fun and very educational, free samples too!

Alice-V
10-20-2014, 01:35 AM
Well, what about mojito cocktails? They're really light and refreshing and... quite gender-less, no?

RADER
10-20-2014, 01:46 AM
Sorry about the mistake on the Mint Julip; see I am a Scotch drinker my self,
And I have a bottle of 16 year old single malt that I savor on special occasions only.
Rader

paulaprimo
10-20-2014, 01:51 AM
i can certainly relate!
one day i might play with my hair and nails while sipping on a glass of wine or vodka n cran, then go shopping, stopping for a salad on the way home,
then the next day if i'm not frameing an addition, hanging sheetrock, or pouring concrete, i might grab my bow or shotgun and go hunting stopping
at KFC... and i'm deadly with a pair of dice in my hands... and if you really piss me off my brooklyneese will come out, fahgettaboutit! :)

Teresa
10-20-2014, 03:02 AM
I have some nice Scottish malts in my sideboard, but I'm not a smoker so wouldn't ruin the tast of them !

I've taken several cruises and always try the cocktail of the day ! When you join a group and the steward brings the drinks you know the weidest looking one is your cocktail !
I never use to drink gin until we did a cocktail tasting afternoon and got hooked on Singapore Slings ! A nice Irish farmer in our group got hooked on Rusty Nails ! We were the first at the bar during happy hour ! After a couple of drinks I understand the Irish accent perfectly !!

Amanda M
10-20-2014, 04:16 AM
Love a gin and tonic with a slice of lemon and cardamom seeds. Is that girlie?

Katey888
10-20-2014, 04:28 AM
So I agree I wouldn't be seen dead drinking a Babycham.... (that should be 'sham' right...?) ;)

I don't believe there are gender specific drinks - we're just retreading all that conditioning again... but I suppose low calorie drinks should be high on the list as approved for those of us that want to maintain our figures...

So margaritas and martinis fit that bill for me - regardless of gender mode - and a variety of single malts wouldn't go amiss either.

And Tracii - The Mint Tulip Rader's talking of is the Dutch variant made with advocaat instead of bourbon... only generally heard of amongst the Pennsylvania Dutch... quite an unusual colour... ;)

Katey x

Beth Wilde
10-20-2014, 04:32 AM
Doesn't sound at all mixed up Vicky, it sounds like you are happy being you!! This is a good thing :)

If I go out I have to force myself to appear to be enjoying vodka and diet coke when what I'd actually like is a pint!!

Jaylyn
10-20-2014, 04:40 AM
I don't smoke but do drink a glass of wine nearly every day. I think I'm kind of the way you are I also enjoy many male things such as my hunting, fishing tournaments, and being a male. I also have a fondness for the feminine side of garters and hose with the tall heels, makeup and overly girly clothes, so if you are messed up I reckon a lot of us on here are also.

erickka
10-20-2014, 05:22 AM
Ah.... The joys of having the best of both worlds. A fine glass of wine while wearing awesome dress, and a fine real Cuban cigar!:)

Sarah Beth
10-20-2014, 07:36 AM
Not even the grils I knew growing up and over the years have drunk the "girly" drinks. I guess growing up with country girls who could down a shot of tequilla or jack daniels and not blink and who would laugh at someone who wouldn't drink their beer right from the bottle makes a difference. Yes I've even know a girl or two would smoke a cigar and even one who dipped snuff (back in the day now before we all knew how bad that stuff is for you).

karanne
10-20-2014, 08:09 AM
There are a few "male" things I learned to enjoy and hate to give up. I enjoy a good Porter or Stout and greatly dislike light beer. I like roast beef, chops, and steaks. Depending upon the situation I will occasionally eat or drink something "unfeminine" en femme, rationalizing that if GGs can have quirks so can I. Normally, though, it's the standard chcken, salads, and white wine with the girls.

Whiskey and cigars? I have been known to enjoy a good bourbon, but I wouldn't spoil my palate with tobacco in either mode.
I would agree, although I'm mostly a beer girl. I never developed the taste for mixed drinks or for bourbons or whiskeys, and I tried inhaled drugs (like tobacco and pot) in university, it only made me sick.

Tina B.
10-20-2014, 08:30 AM
Girls, it's not important what you drink, but how you drink it. As a guy I drink out of a beer bottle, as a girl, I use a pretty beer glass. As a guy I love a good rum, generally with coke, but as a girl, I love my rum in a fruity tropical drink. But as crossdresser, I would never touch that cigar, it will make you wig smell bad!

SO1Adam12
10-20-2014, 08:32 AM
Just for the record, according to Vegasmagazine.com, "Jack Daniel’s brand manager Jennifer Powell noted last year that 21 percent of the whiskey’s consumer base is female. Read more at http://vegasmagazine.com/dining/articles/whiskey-women-drinks#oSkmJjjmZVkRkKpF.99.

So it's O.K. for women to drink bourbon! And the brand manager, Jennifer Powell, would definitely know!

I love a good bourbon and I love a good Cosmo! Oh yeah, and I don't mind a little really good Kentucky or Tennessee 'shine too!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Thank you Persephone! This GG enjoys her Gentleman Jack or Single Barrel neat, thank you very much! Like many, many other GG's I enjoy a cold beer or two as well, just depends on where I am and who I'm with.

As for cigars, I know a lot of women smoke them, there was a huge trend when Arnold Scwarzanegger (sp?) was Governor of California and many female celebrities were smoking cigars and going to cigar lounges. Personally, I don't find that sexy but my SO enjoys a good cigar and I think it's sexy when he smokes them.

BTW, the biggest seller in the US bars right now for both men and women is Fireball Whiskey. If you haven't tried it, it tastes like a red hot candy - but watch the headache the next day. (And yes, I've done a little bit of bartending in my past. :) )

foxy bartender
10-20-2014, 12:49 PM
There is a local bar here in town that makes a great cocktail for whiskey & bourbon alike, & they will make it with your choice... It's perfect for boy or girl mode.. Lemon, blackberry old fashioned... Your choice of whiskey or bourbon, with house made bitters, a little club soda, & fresh lemon twist with a generous amount of fresh black berries
Served in a short cocktail glass with one oversized ice cube, it's a beautiful drink, that looks great with lipstick on the rim, but will very much satisfy your craving for whiskey...
I can come up with a ton more... But that's been a favorite of mine since I moved to Nashville more then 5 years ago...

vicky_cd99_2
10-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Wow, I see I really am balanced. Thanks ladies for the awesome feedback. This calls for a little Jeffersons Reserve Bourbon and, since I am still in my work clothes, a Rocky Patel Edge. I love both sides of my life.

lingerieLiz
10-20-2014, 09:25 PM
I like all the sweet girly drinks. It's a joke with all our friends.

SiobhanUK
10-21-2014, 03:35 AM
Vicky

As with most of us on here, there's no reason not to enjoy what you really like. I'm happy to sit with a glass of beer whilst dressed, very unladylike. However i do love the fact that i leave lipstick around the rim of the glass!! :-)

Siobhan x

donnalee
10-22-2014, 06:45 AM
Don't drink much, but when I do prefer single malts and cognacs and am also fond of Stoly with a beer back, all neat. Like an occasional glass of red wine with a meal (whites seem to me to lack complexity). I love American style lagers on a hot day. Most of these are preferences I shared with my dad and were confirmed by a lot of years working night clubs, where I often had to deal with drunks with as much patience and courtesy as I could muster and still be effective; by far the worst were those drinking sweet cocktails as it sneaks up on them.

BLUE ORCHID
10-22-2014, 07:32 AM
Hi Vicky, You sound like me we both enjoy the best of both worlds.:daydreaming: