PDA

View Full Version : Who wishes they could or could've been a bride??

PrettyFlowingGown
10-20-2014, 06:40 PM
I've done a lot of things as a CD over the years, been to 3 formal balls in beautiful ball gowns, danced with men and women, I've been in fashion parades wearing beautiful dresses, been out in public in my pretty dresses, had endless shopping sprees in dress shops....
but one thing I wish I did was wear a wedding dress at my wedding. I always dreamed of having a 2 bride wedding. I never talked about it with my wife, cause I thought it would take away her spotlight, plus it would more than upset her catholic parents (lol), but it was always something I wanted to do.
I bought a wedding dress a few years ago, and tried on 3 in a wedding boutique. I just never got the chance to walk down the aisle.
a 2 bride wedding is still a fantasy I think about. imagining 2 brides in gorgous wedding gowns would be a wonderful experience.

suzanne
10-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Several years ago, as our 25th anniversary aporoached, my SO wanted to renew our vows. I balked and never replied. Eventually, she let the matter drop, but I never told her my reason. But it was because I wanted (and still do) to be wearing a wedding gown for it. I would totally love it if we wore matching gowns. My wife still doesn't know the reason, and although she is now mostly supportive, she is not ready for that revelation.

bridget thronton
10-21-2014, 12:25 AM
Wearing a bridal gown for a vow renewal would be great

Carrie R
10-21-2014, 02:22 AM
I'd be fine with being a bridesmaid, no marraige is in the cards for me.

Adriana Moretti
10-21-2014, 02:35 AM
Carrie...I am with you....bridemaids have much more fun ! ...I also wont be diving to catch the bouquet any time soon and I could never get away with wearing white.

JuLo
10-21-2014, 05:23 AM
Well I think the being a bride would be incredibly awesome! In fact I bought my first bridal gown yesterday! Can' wait to get dressed today!

Tallulah Rose
10-21-2014, 05:45 AM
The first photo there (in black and white) could have been from one of my dreams. I would love to be in that situation - unfortunately, my wife wouldn't actively participate in my CDing, so it won't ever happen. That's okay though, as she's a very accepting wife generally; I can't have everything.

Madilyn A.
10-21-2014, 05:59 AM
I would love to dress as a bride one day, should I ever come across a wedding dress I absolutely have to have. And, should life throw me a mulligan to start over, I should like to be a beautiful bride.

kimdl93
10-21-2014, 06:56 AM
Possessing or wearing a wedding dress, at the risk of losing my CDr credentials, has never interested me. On a visceral level, however, being a life partner in an F/F relationship is utterly and totally compelling.

Kate Simmons
10-21-2014, 07:05 AM
I would still love to experience being a Bride on her Wedding Day.:battingeyelashes::)

Krisi
10-21-2014, 07:10 AM
Not me. Think of the wedding night.

Margot Emerson
10-21-2014, 07:31 AM
I would! Its a bucket list item to get into a wedding dress at least once. Would love to go renew vows with my wife......maybe in Vegas!

ChrissyW1
10-21-2014, 05:21 PM
One of the first things my wife brought out for dress-up time for me when we started going through her old stuff looking for goodies was her gown. =) Made me feel so good that it fit.

Jorja
10-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Been there, done that, got the ring to prove it. I might do it again someday if the right man was to come along.

Mink
10-21-2014, 07:51 PM
who wishes they could have DIED!

but no

i'd rather be a pretty pretty princess!

in a PINK gown!

or a beautiful ballerina!

oh god!

BLUE ORCHID
10-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Hi PFG, That is something that I would love to have.:daydreaming:

Renee Elise
10-21-2014, 08:23 PM
Interesting...at this point like Adriana and Carrie I'm not sure it will happen. Not sure I'd ever want to be a bride...what might be cool though is if I ever did get married and she was OK with me dressing I'd love to do a private photoshoot with her, just for us, in the bridesmaid dress :).

Janine cd
10-21-2014, 08:37 PM
I would love to wear a wedding gown at least once in my life, but it doesn't seem likely. My wife would never tolerate it. If the opportunity to try on a wedding dress ever occurred, I would jump at the chance. In the mean time, I look forward to finding a bridesmaids gown to wear.

Beverley Sims
10-22-2014, 02:08 AM
I used to arrange mock weddings for sporting organizations some time ago and I did get to be a bride a few times.
Certainly tried on a few dresses in bridal shops.

Spent a lot of money buying them for others to wear.

heather ann martin
10-22-2014, 05:04 AM
I'd have loved to have been a bride, what girl wouldn't?

Alexis Jade (AJ)
10-22-2014, 06:34 AM
The closest I got was being asked if I wanted to be a bridesmaid at my friends wedding. Its when I was first coming out about dressing and I politely declined. I regret not doing it cuz it would have been fun. She got a divorce though, so maybe the opportunity will come up again :)

NANNETTE
10-22-2014, 06:34 PM
I would love to be a bride. Would love to wear a beautiful bridal gown with white wedding hosiery.

cindi_in_satin
10-23-2014, 04:48 PM
I would love to be a bride. I often dream about wearing a wedding gown and being a housewife 24/7.

Lea
10-23-2014, 06:51 PM
Add me to the list of those who would love to renew my vows as the bride.

I would love to be the bride and experience this. I could not imagine the emotions I would feel when my wife and I said I do.

Ginger Jameson
10-23-2014, 07:28 PM
My wife and I will be renewing our vows in November. I won't be a bride for that ceremony but we'll be doing it again some time next spring. I've already got the dress.

Stephanie Julianna
10-23-2014, 09:08 PM
I think many of us who have been cders since childhood have dreamed of being a bride. As a young kid I had attended enough family weddings to deveolp an envy of the bride. This never went away with adulthood. I was lucky enough to live the fantasy at First Event in Boston in 1999. I modeled a bridal gown at their fashion show for the finale. I will admit that I would have slept in that gown if I could have. I never felt more glamorous.

Nadine Spirit
10-23-2014, 09:56 PM
My wife and I privately remarried each other once. Even though no one else was there and it was totally unofficial, the sentiment was there. She picked me out a dress, a sexy red Chinese dress, and just last year for our anniversary of it, I think about year 7, she bought me. Super cool diamond and sapphire wedding ring. Love my wife! And love being her husband and wife!

Oh.... I found the link to the dress on my blog...

http://www.unordinarystyle.com/2012/08/never-divorced-but-married-twice.html

Melissa in SE Tn
10-23-2014, 10:26 PM
Who of us would not want to be adorn in a wedding dress? That is every girls fantasy

Savannah_Skye
10-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Oh my gosh, would love being a bride. One of my favorite memories is when my wife and I had a "pre-ceremony," with no guests, where I got to wear the dress, veil, shoes, drank out of the bridal campaign glass etc. So I guess I did get to experience it. I didn't come out of that dress for the whole day, so probably wasn't long enough, but I really liked that dress. If some of the guest's knew, I'd loved to see their faces.

Majella St Gerard
10-23-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm getting married on Halloween and this is my costume for the reception. Could not afford a real wedding dress so this will have to do.

erin_nicole0112
10-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Would love, love, love to be a bride and would love the wedding night fun even more with the right person.

PaulaQ
10-24-2014, 05:43 PM
I'd really like this - it's a dream really. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to meet a nice guy, and get married, I don't much expect this is in the cards for me. Sometimes I'm a little sad about that - I'll pass a wedding in a park on a Saturday with nice weather, and think about what might have been.

This is one of the things I regret about not transitioning at a younger age. It makes me a little sad, at times.

It's probably just as well - I'd be a lousy wife, anyway.

sometimes_miss
10-25-2014, 04:53 AM
Not me. Think of the wedding night.

It was something someone once said to me when I was starting a new relationship, that has bothered me ever since: "Intercourse always hurts for the woman; try to be kind".
And the few times I had the courage to ask, the response was always akin to, 'wellllll,'. So I have to guess that to some degree, it's true. Kind of ruined sex for me forever, she did.

Nadine Spirit
10-25-2014, 07:25 AM
"Intercourse always hurts for the woman; try to be kind".
And the few times I had the courage to ask, the response was always akin to, 'wellllll,'. So I have to guess that to some degree, it's true.

Ummm..... Seriously? Then you must be doing something wrong! Very wrong! Really, quite, very, wrong! Sorry to be so rude, but umm yeah, it's not supposed to 'always hurt for the woman.' And if it does, either something is wrong with "her," or something is wrong with "him."

Nikki A.
10-25-2014, 08:35 AM
I'd love to be a bride, but I couldn't find enough uglier bridesmaids to make me look beautiful.
When I was 10-11 yrs old I'd help my aunt & uncle clean their bridal shop. There were times when I was alone and the store was closed and I had the chance to try on the gowns & bridesmaid dresses, maybe that why I am what I am

Amanda L.
10-25-2014, 06:36 PM
I have popped in and out of this thread a bit lately, pondering this idea. For some reason I seem to have a desire to buy a wedding dress compete with all the accessories. I go all gooey at the thought of completely dressing up as a bride. I try to push this idea out of my head though because in my mind I feel I am crossing a line (weird I know) I see the Dress as the ultimate symbol of womanhood and feminity, which on the one hand drives the desire but at the same time holds me back.
I love the thought of the interplay between all the different fabrics (chiffon, silk, nylon, lace etc) I think the total feeling would be amazing.
So I have decided, with the help (challenge?) of a FRIEND to bite the bullet and put it all together. I am now in the process of shopping for a reasonably priced dress and all the accessories. Not sure how it's all going to come together but what the heck.
I don't want to be the bride in a wedding btw. I have no fantasy about that but I would like to experience what it would feel like to present as a bride.
What to do with it after is a bit of a trick. Oh I know put it in a suitcase and bury in the shed like a real woman thus competing the bridal experience
Luv
Amanda

Amanda22
10-25-2014, 08:51 PM
On a visceral level, however, being a life partner in an F/F relationship is utterly and totally compelling.

Hell yes. Me, too!

Janine cd
10-25-2014, 09:39 PM
I was tempted today visiting the local Goodwill store and seeing a bridal gown that might have fit me. The chances are that I never would have the courage to buy it and probably never find the accessories to go with it. Still, it was a dream possibly fulfilled.

Jenniferathome
10-25-2014, 10:55 PM
I have to state that I never understood this fantasy/desire. I've never even been remotely interested. Everyday I'm feeling more unique in this this CD world. To me a wedding dress is not simply some feminine attire. The dress is part of a broader event: receiving a proposal, looking for a dress, the wedding, the ridiculous notion that a daughter will wear it,etc. It's purely a woman's domain from my perspective.

LelaK
10-26-2014, 01:18 AM
I'd just like to play a bride in a play. I played a maid of honor long ago.

sometimes_miss
10-26-2014, 08:23 AM
Who wishes they could or could've been a bride??
I have all sorts of desires, all of which are absurdly impossible. From being a bride, to being a mom, being a wife, in my wanting so much to have what I felt to equal what I was, all I wished was for my mind be congruent with my body. But it was not possible. My childhood was a mess. I could never be the girl that I thought I was supposed to be. Even if SRS was possible back when I was young, I still would never be able to live the life of a girl. The best would have been a MTF TS, and as much as some feel that is adequate, I wouldn't. Add to all that, I could never bring myself to date, marry or have sex with a male, it all became a mixed up nightmare. So fantasy is all that's left; sure, I'd love to try on a beautiful wedding gown, the epitomy of beauty of what most women work towards their entire life. It would feel good, and be fun. For a while. But the fantasy would never equal the reality. Wedding gowns are usually a nightmare of wearing; way too much material to deal with.

JenX
10-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Bride or bridesmaid... sign me up.

Cheryl Ann Owens
10-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Today I would love to spend a morning at a salon getting a complete makeover and long nails done, and my wig styled. Then I'd love to spend an afternoon at a bridal shop trying on every gown I could including every accessory. Then do photo shoots. Nice fantasy huh? As far as actually being the bride in a wedding, it would be nice but would probably be too embarassing and awkward for my wife, and for family and friends unless all of them knew this side of me. I wouldn't want to take the attention off of my wife. Our families are very conservative.

In my first marriage and after the honeymoon I enjoyed wearing my wife's gown for an afternoon while she was gone. We were close in size. I never told her. I did wear her sister's maid of honor gown to a Haloween party and danced with a few guys!

On my now second marriage with an accepting wife, she actually suggested I try on her gown! I did and it was just a little small. But we had fun! My CD friend happened to buy a beautiful gown in a thrift store that fit both of us. I had it "on loan" for about a month and made the most of that time! I love any kind of long gown!

Cheryl

Karen kc
10-26-2014, 11:56 AM
A bridesmaid, maybe, but not a bride, Im to ugly for either!

KarenNY
11-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Fortunately I was able to live my dreams and be a bride in a mock wedding years ago. An awesome experience!

MissTee
11-02-2014, 11:35 PM
I've never had the desire, so I suppose it's not my thing.

Girl
11-30-2014, 07:43 AM
I would love to be a bride! I love wearing wedding dresses!

Alicia S
11-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Ummm it's supposed to be a common male fantasy. I got dress for a song off ebay but don't think I could pull this one off even if my wife agreed to it. too old for it. Nice to think about though
{{{Alicia}}}

karinels
11-30-2014, 10:26 PM
The dream of being the bride lives very much inside me. But i am a bit old fashioned, and all the newer gowns these days all seem to be strapless and most cds/ ts probably could not pull it off near as well as the GG's who can wear them perfectly. However, if it will post, I'll try to attach a pic of my dream dress.

mariehart
12-01-2014, 06:16 AM
Like jenniferathome, it would only be important to me in the overall context of the full ceremony. Getting married as a woman is what I would have wanted. The dress I wore on the day is less important.

However I do regret a missed opportunity to go to a wedding as a guest . A friend I came out to told me she was going to invite me to her wedding but I had to wear a dress. In the end I moved away and got married (wearing a suit urgh!). So when her wedding came up it wasn't an option as I was now firmly back in the closet. I don't do regrets normally but.......:sniffle

Rhian
12-01-2014, 06:46 AM
I wouldn't want to be a bride, would love to be a bridesmaid though but as I can't see that happening. I doubt I'll end up getting married even as a man, let alone in a frock and it doesn't really appear to me. I'd like a stag do but weddings are a bit icky.

StephanieCLT
12-01-2014, 09:29 AM
In. Yes, I'll sign up on the side that it would be a dream come true for me. Definitely a bucket list item for me is trying on a bridal gown.

BillieAnneJean
12-01-2014, 09:32 AM
I would LOVE to be a bridesmaid!

WHY?

Because it is one of the quintessential feminine experiences.

pttc cnp wp u

Seeing and marrying the absolutely most beautiful and desirable bride ever fulfills any bride fantasy I could have.

Jackie7
12-01-2014, 10:57 AM
I met my darling wife in 2002 and we got married (second time for both of us) in 2010. we had three ceremonies. First was a huge family-and-friends event with 150 guests, conventional bride and groom. The only problem was, our chosen officiant wasn't licenced in our state. So we went to the district judge the next day for a very private legal wedding, just him and the two of us. then two weeks later we had a third wedding, both crossdressed, with a group of about 30 friends that we're out to. Ten or so of the guests attended both big weddings, that was fun. We had the same readings and the same vows both times, just swapped roles. I loved wearing the wedding dress, it truly was a peak experience. but the first one, with everyone as witness, was the truly meaningful event.

Seana Summer
12-01-2014, 11:45 AM
I vote for being a bridesmaid! Sounds like more fun. Although.....I have seen some really hideous bridesmaid dresses over the years!

While I think bridal gowns are really the ultimate dress, I have never really had that much of a desire to be a bride........I really don't know why.

Sharon B.
12-01-2014, 01:04 PM
I would take either a brides maid or a bride, if I could be a bride I would want all of the accessories to go with being a bride, even going to the salon for hair style and manicure and don't forget the makeup. I would also want to be in the bridal suite.

Joanne108
12-02-2014, 08:26 PM
I found a wedding dress at a thrift shop before Halloween. I have not worn it yet. I will It needs a few alterations. So yes I always wanted to be dressed as a bride!

Karolyn
12-02-2014, 09:09 PM
That is on my list! I definitely want to try a bridal gown one day and enjoy feeling the most feminine one can be.

Tiffany Jane
12-02-2014, 11:02 PM
The first time I saw my wife in her dress; young, maybe a little scared, but overall absolutely beautiful and the thought of the memory still stops my heart a little. So until I read this thread, the thought never crossed my mind. Nor will it venture any farther than this post. That moment was ours to share and nothing could replace the feelings that were unspoken in that short but lifelong experience.

Lily Catherine
12-03-2014, 02:38 AM
A wedding dress would be unreal; for me a ball gown would already be overwhelming *squees in delight*. That said, my main issue would be my less than ample cleavage given that I am a huge fan of sweetheart necklines.

JenniferYager
12-03-2014, 04:04 AM
I'd wear a wedding dress for a photo shoot, but what to do with it after?

gender_blender
12-03-2014, 08:15 AM
I've been an actual bridesmaid for friends in recent years, own a massive bridal gown inventory, done bridal gown photoshoots, and wore a different designer bridal gown to each of my 12 chemotherapies earlier this year. I don't need to be a bride.

fiseldon5
12-13-2014, 01:17 AM
yes pleeeeease

Francine
12-13-2014, 01:22 AM
Where's the line form???? :D
Francine

lynda
12-13-2014, 02:45 AM
id love to wear a wedding gown, all long and sexy, all the under garments it sounds so nice.but what would i do on the honeymoon,would i still like playing the bride,mebbe it could be fun lol hugs love lynda

Judy
12-13-2014, 08:11 AM
Add me to the list!

I have come close to buying a wedding dress or two but have always chickened out.

One of the biggest hurdles would be where to store it! :heehee:

dore50
12-13-2014, 08:20 AM
I love wedding gowns, I have 3 and my wife owns one she wears just for fun when I am in mine. I have bridesmaids's gowns too-so much fun!

CharlotteP
12-14-2014, 10:02 PM
Want to be a bride sooo badly, my wife even had my wearing "Bride" panties under my suit for our wedding. Hard part is finding a dress in the right size that won't break the bank.

Charlotte

Joni T
12-14-2014, 11:25 PM
I would NEVER wear the gown at the wedding. It is HER (your new bride) day, not yours to take away from her. It's all about the bride (and rightfully so). You're only her permanent chaperone.
Jon

briana_betancourt
12-22-2014, 08:44 PM
I think I would much rather be a bridesmaid than an actual bride... but both would be dreams come true!

Mink
12-23-2014, 04:56 AM
I would NEVER wear the gown at the wedding. It is HER (your new bride) day, not yours to take away from her. It's all about the bride (and rightfully so). You're only her permanent chaperone.
Jon

HER day?

pfft!

it's ours now!

bam!

equality!

Lexi_83
12-23-2014, 03:02 PM
I found a wedding dress at a thrift shop before Halloween. I have not worn it yet. I will It needs a few alterations. So yes I always wanted to be dressed as a bride!Is that the best place to look? It's become an obsession for me lately, along with the whole lingerie set. I think I'd need a TG friendly tailor shortly thereafter.

Emily CD
12-23-2014, 03:20 PM
I couldn't agree more Cindi. Being a bride and a "natural" housewife to the right man would be amazing. The whole idea of being feminine 24/7 is so appealing to me. Imagine being a housewife hosting a Christmas party outfitted in a nice holiday dress, pantyhose, appropriate heels, and at times an apron while preparing things in the kitchen. Your husband comes by to check on things and gives you a nice kiss while telling you how much he appreciates being married to you.

Gwinnie
12-23-2014, 03:43 PM
I'd love to wear a wedding dress with veil and everything. I'd prefer the wedding dress from Enchanted.