PDA

View Full Version : Interesting exchange tonight

samantha rogers
10-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Lol...I got ma'amed tonight...twice. Now this would not be interesting except that I was in drab.
I was out at a mall with my wife, and wearing what passes for my everyday drab these days...skinny black girl jeans, black converse high tops, a black cotton Pea coat with a black hoody.And keep in mind my hair is getting pretty long...I have not cut it in a year and a half...but still. No makeup...nothing.
The first time was at a jewelry kiosk...my wife stopped to look, and I was slightly behind her and the assistant asked "What can I do for you ladies?"
Now to be fair, the SA had an eye patch and may not have been seeing quite right. Fair enough, though it still tickled me...lol
But then, later, I was in a store, alone, standing with my head down reading something on my cell...a SA walked up from the side and asked quite unmistakenly "Can I help you, ma'am?"
I looked up, looked her right in the face and said "No, I'm fine, thanks"
She said " Okay, well let me know if I can help" and went on her way. No apology, no awkwardness, just a pleasant exchange.
And it was t even a womens store, but a Sports Authority.
Hmmm
I knew my looks were changing...but maybe I dont pass as male anymore as well as I think I do...

Julie Denier
10-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Wow, Sammie -- responses like that in drab, should never be a problem for you en femme ;)

taylormercedes
10-20-2014, 11:05 PM
God, i wish i would even get a maam while en femme

paulaprimo
10-21-2014, 12:59 AM
as gorgeous as you present en femme it must carryover when out in drab.
it happens to me quite a bit, but only when they come up from behind, because of my long hair.
but once they see my puss its usually an awkward encounter so i've learned to have fun with it.
in my deepest voice and brooklyn accent i say "um good tanks" :)

Dana does shopping
10-21-2014, 01:36 AM
Hopefully all is going to plan?, frankly ma'am is off the mark, I would only accept Miss ... I should send You a t-shirt with that screened onto it!! Lol!!

Persephone
10-21-2014, 01:52 AM
:cheer:

Hugs,
Persephone.

Madilyn A.
10-21-2014, 02:04 AM
Sam, You were paid the ultimate compliment for girls like us....you were unable to pass as a man. Bravo !

kimdl93
10-21-2014, 06:07 AM
That's the kind of change one hopes for. When you can't pass as male anymore, you have arrived.

Margot Emerson
10-21-2014, 06:26 AM
Congratulations! That's something! Way to go, GF!

CostaRicaRachel
10-21-2014, 07:23 AM
Congrats! You look great en femme so I'm sure your beginning to look great en drab. I'm sure it was flattering.
Have fun!

samantha rogers
10-21-2014, 07:49 AM
Thanks, everyone. It felt good, I must admit...lol, but I am not kidding myself. I really think this was more fluke than anything. I expect most people seeing me in drab these days think either aging rocker or gay or odd artist or all of the above...something like that, but not female, at least not quite yet. But I think I'm getting closer... and it feels better every day. This was nice...and I confess I wasnt sure whether to laugh or cry...:heehee:

Kristyn Hill
10-21-2014, 07:58 AM
awesome for you. you look fantastic

MsVal
10-21-2014, 09:02 AM
It's no surprise to me.

Jolene Robertson
10-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Hi Samantha,

That does make for a nice day does'nt it. I get ma'amed a lot when the wife and I are out, it makes her laugh and I just shrug anymore.

Hugs
Jolene

Richelle
10-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Thanks, everyone. It felt good, I must admit...lol, but I am not kidding myself. I really think this was more fluke than anything. I expect most people seeing me in drab these days think either aging rocker or gay or odd artist or all of the above...something like that, but not female, at least not quite yet. But I think I'm getting closer... and it feels better every day. This was nice...and I confess I wasnt sure whether to laugh or cry...:heehee:

Samantha,

From my experience, I would say it is not a fluke. Most people take a quick read and make a decision on a person gender. So long as there is no strong clue to being male (i.e. a heavy bread) then they look at hair style, clothing jewelry etc. to make that decision.

It happens to me all the time.

Richelle

Beverley Sims
10-22-2014, 01:58 AM
I guess it makes your day when it happens and gives you that warm fuzzy feeling.
I was in TJ Max today and asking about soft cup bras, not many around.

The interesting thing I was wearing a blouse and a bra that gives me a little shape. Presenting as a male she did not seem to see a guy as she said look around, the hard cups may be alright and you can try them to see if they suit. I then made a silly joke as a guy would and she became immediately embarrassed as she thought she was having an interaction with a woman.

Just was not paying attention I think. :)

samantha rogers
10-22-2014, 05:31 AM
I guess the reason this surprised me is to do with my height. Being so tall, I had always guessed that no one would ever take me as female without a full presentation with makeup, wig, and overtly feminine clothing. It is comforting to learn this may not be the case.