PDA

View Full Version : Victoria's Secret quality?

Sedona
01-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Ok,

An admission to make. I'm sort of an underwear snob. As I'm definately not made of money, I try not to spend too much, but I'd rather wait six months to find a Cosabella or a LeJaby thong on sale for 12 bucks, rather than buy a Maidendorm or Victoria's secret one for six dollars right now.

Partly, I like having stuff not many folks have, but I just think that the more premium brands (you haven't felt heaven until you've tried Hanro cotton or Sloggi's tactel) fit and feel better, plus wear well.

Anyways, about 10 years ago, I'd decided that Victoria's secret stuff was so miss that the hit wasn't worth it.

Can anybody vouch for the newest VS stuff? Bras, panties, whatever? I'd like to give them another try, as my GF really likes them, and she knows a thing or two about fashion.

Robertacd
01-25-2006, 01:18 AM
I certainly believe they are over priced considering the VS stuff comes out of the same factories in China as many "lesser" brands.

Chinese Try to Build Better Bra (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17533)

kathy gg
01-25-2006, 02:07 PM
HI Sedona,

Not familiar with some of the brands you menionted...but as for VS....well I always liked their second skin satin line. Pretty much the only style of undies and bras I have ever worn. I also like their signature cotton line as well.

BUT...this is the thing, I can make a pair of undies last like almost 8 years. Why? Never put them in the dryer PLus in the wash I use the laundry delicate bags and delicate cycle. I believe that is why stuff always lasts so long. And proper sizing. If you try to squeeze a size large in a medium you will find it not last as long.

Okay, probably more info than you wanted ....but that is my experience and have been a loyal VS customer since 1990.

:bs:

Stormgirl
01-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Their stuff is a lot better then Fredricks thats for damn sure.

Amelie
01-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Their stuff is a lot better then Fredricks thats for damn sure.

Thanks Aubrey, I was going to order a corset from them, maybe I'll shop around.

I have just bought my first bra from VS and I find it quite similar to the cheaper brand bras that I buy at Target or Walmart. I don't know how long the VS bra will last, it is new and no one tried to tear it from my body...yet.

Jodi
01-25-2006, 09:01 PM
I have had very nice luck with VS quality. All of my panties are VS, and most of my bras are VS. I have been wearing some of the panties and bras for over 6 years. The secret of lasting is in the laundering as Kathy GG said in her above post. Wash panties in cold or warm water on gentle cycle. Dry panties on warm setting. Wash the VS bras in cold water on gentle cycle. Never put a VS bra into the dryer. Line dry them. It says this right on the laundering instructions.

Jodi

Sedona
01-25-2006, 09:16 PM
HI Sedona,

Not familiar with some of the brands you menionted...but as for VS....well I always liked their second skin satin line. Pretty much the only style of undies and bras I have ever worn. I also like their signature cotton line as well.

BUT...this is the thing, I can make a pair of undies last like almost 8 years. Why? Never put them in the dryer PLus in the wash I use the laundry delicate bags and delicate cycle. I believe that is why stuff always lasts so long. And proper sizing. If you try to squeeze a size large in a medium you will find it not last as long.

Okay, probably more info than you wanted ....but that is my experience and have been a loyal VS customer since 1990.

:bs:

I agree with both your and Jodi's suggestions. Some of my highest end things only get a temp-appropriate hand washing with woolite, and either a line or flat dry (cotton tends not to stretch when flat-dried). Cheaper stuff gets the laundry bag and dryer treatment.

Ok, I'll give VS another try.

Cheers!

mhenry
01-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Shannon and I like "Secrets in Lace" As she says, pricey, but worth it:)
Actually, I like VS's clothing more than their lingerie. Janet

http://www.secretsinlace.com/

Shannon's thread: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18324

Fallen Angel
01-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Well if you have a target store near you there stuff is of really good quality and price wise its a few doolars more than wal-mart. I have 8 pair of thongs I bought about three years agao and the still look as good as when i bought them same goes for there hoisey bra's and clothing.You should check em out xx

Alayna
01-26-2006, 08:18 AM
uh oh, a VS question:D. Their stuff is the best as long as you do 1 thing. Only shop the semi-annual sale! Never buy anything full price from them.
My embarrasingly knowledgeable review:

panties: favs are second skin satin. low rise bikini (sadly getting discontinued) and string bikinis are the most comfortable. signature cotton: meh, good for cotton and only $3. Body By Victoria: comfortable and supportive, but expensive and not too sexy.

bras: avoid the ridiculous over-padded ones - especially if you have silicone forms. The IPEX is definitely not for us! My best bra is this bright blue very sexy that should be too large in the cup but isn't. The second skin is good, but only in the full coverage - the demi cup is definitely more sexy, but not supportive enough for silicone forms.
BBV unline full-coverage are the most comfortable, least expensive, most supportive, and nicest feeling bras they have.

lingerie: I love their silk slips - I have way too many of them. It's hard to resist though, especially towards the end of the sale in stores. I just picked up a matching slip and kimono for $10 each!

clothes: they suck. sorry to those who like them, but I hate 'em - they're made for petite little women on the runway and never fit me right. They feel really cheap too for how much they cost.

You can get a lot of nice stuff from the catalog and online store, but the best is to try the retail stores. The trick is to go within a day or two of when it starts and then within a week of when it ends. BTW - it ends today!
The catch? You have to not care about rifling through bins of bras and panties next to a crowd of women - many with their boyfriends/husbands. The really big catch? You can always return stuff, but to really make it worthwhile you have to go try a bunch on in the store. THe last time I was there I tried on about 20 garments and I'm glad I did because I only bought 6 of them. This is no time to be shy ladies:o.

There's only 1 Victoria's Secret that had a problem with me using their fitting room. This was 3 weeks ago and there was a line for the rooms. I went with a friend and the sales girls said I couldn't go in with her for security - they said the same thing when I asked to use a seperate room. I suppose I could understand, but they gave me some BS about it being policy, even though the policy of the other 5 VS I've been to in Denver is to allow anyone in! Boycott the Park Meadows VS in Denver girls if the situation comes up!

Anyway, for those who have the chance - it's the last day of the sale today (the 26th). I believe all panties and sleepware are an extra 50% off. This means $1.50 panties and $10 silk slips! Bras aren't reduced extra I guess.

If anyone (understandably) is wondering about my huge VS fetish, it's because I buy almost all VS (some Dillard's stuff too) and only twice a year during these sales. It makes it hard since I'm a big shopaholic when it comes to girly things:bs:.

Sedona
01-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Alayna,

Thank you so much for the copious info. I'm copying your post into a file for guidance later (the next sale).

Cheers!

Aloha_Dana
01-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Indeed, I've been hooked on VS since their first catalog! All of my SO's over time and I have been patrons of VS. Good quality. My only complaint is that their stuff is over priced. Just like the other girls have written, never buy at regular price - wait for their semi-annual sales! And if you do, don't dilly dally, they'll sell out quick and for a good reason!

Dana

P.s. love other brands too - recently been buying expesive Italian stuff {here I go dreamy again}

Jodi
01-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Alayna, You said that VS Ipex is not for "us". Please don't speak for all of us. I have several "Ipex" bras and several "very sexy" bras, and I love them. They fit me well and I get compliments from gg's on my bust line.

Jodi

carson
01-27-2006, 02:03 AM
Hi Sedona,

Personally I do like VS silky panties, slips and sleepwear. Not so much their bras. They do tend to be a little pricey but they have sales all the time. Check out their catalog.

I strongly agree with kathygg on lingerie care. NEVER put them in the dryer (get yourself an inexpensive drying rack), always use a mesh laundry bag and always use the delicate cycle. I would add that I feel you should use the cold/cold cycle to help longevity.

If you don't know of this site already, you might want to look at www.bareneccessities.com. They have a tremendous selection of all sorts of "unmentionables" ranging from real bargains to bras costing close to $100.

Good luck! :)

TaraB
01-27-2006, 04:11 AM
I love Victoria's Secret. As far as quality i have never had many problems. I have encountered the normal stuff like stitching coming undone etc but its not anymore then anyother place.

What seperates Victoria's from the rest is the way their products fit. They hug you. they curve with you. They conform to your body type. I will say this...they are generally for people that are more fit. They cater to the most fit and the most curvy so its not for everyone.

Lisa Marie
01-27-2006, 07:32 AM
I love VS pantyhose their very soft and they feel great.

Alayna
01-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Alayna, You said that VS Ipex is not for "us". Please don't speak for all of us. I have several "Ipex" bras and several "very sexy" bras, and I love them. They fit me well and I get compliments from gg's on my bust line.

Jodi

Sorry, didn't mean to exclude anyone:angel: I just can't imaging how they could fit right.
Do you wear forms with them? I'd love to know how you make them fit if you do - I see bins upon bins of padded bras knowing that I won't want to wear any of them because the padding will shove my forms out of place. I'd buy a lot more bras otherwise:D

Alayna
01-27-2006, 07:01 PM
I love VS pantyhose their very soft and they feel great.

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but since I found stockingshq.com (http://www.stockingshq.com/) I've stopped buying VS hosiery. For the same price (even with shipping from the U.K.) they have a lot more styles and even better quality... of course the only thing that sucks is the instant gratification factor:p

Jodi
01-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Alayna, As for fit on the VS bras, I wear a 38B. I had my fitting done at a VS store by the manager. She recommended that I go no larger than a B cup to get a realistic appearance. She was right. I wear the breast enhancers that are sold at VS. Theyfill out the padded B cup perfectly and give me a natural bustline.

Jodi

Alayna
01-28-2006, 06:08 AM
heh, I wear a 38B too. But I have full-sized forms, that may be the difference. If I get some extra cash I may have to try that out (maybe during the next sale :D)

MistyCD
01-28-2006, 10:23 PM
I find their quality for silk slips and shoes (3 pairs of sandals) to be pretty good, as far as bras are concerned, you're better off shopping somewhere else....

Hey someone has to pay for all that advertising

Luv Misty

MaylinJane
01-28-2006, 11:25 PM
I've never bought any bras or panties from VS. I think they're overpriced for what they are, a case of just paying for the name. I do love the jeans though. Probabily the most comfortable, softest, and best fitting jeans I've ever owned. Like most of the girls here, I only buy them during the 50% off sales.

May

TaraB
01-29-2006, 04:22 AM
I've never bought any bras or panties from VS. I think they're overpriced for what they are, a case of just paying for the name. I do love the jeans though. Probabily the most comfortable, softest, and best fitting jeans I've ever owned. Like most of the girls here, I only buy them during the 50% off sales.

May

VS has plenty of inexpensive items. If your looking for panties then you can easily find 5 for $25 deals as well as 3 for $25 and they always alwow mix and match.

The trick to shopping at VS for deals is that they have there semi annual sales and always do huge price cuts just to get rid of stuff for the new stuff coming in. The great thing about that is that lingerie is rarely a seasonal thing....it definitly can be fadish though but there are always tons of good inexpensive items(from bra's & panties to higher end chemise's/gowns) to find at a bargain.

Crystal Harmony
01-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Ive had nothing but good luck with all my vs items,but you know what i would love more than anything is if they opened a store in australia:D we have to shop online which is ok but i hear how huge the stores are over there and it makes me cry:cry: