PDA

View Full Version : No skirt, no heels...No problem

JayeLefaye
10-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Sometimes, the advice here actually sinks in. I had occasion over the last few weeks to spend a lot of time working in various malls(I'm a telecom/data contractor), and I did a fair amount of surveying. Nope, not very many skirts/dresses....Sigh....Having moved to the warmer latitudes a few years ago, I had already given up wearing hosiery in public, at least in the summer(underdressing doesn't count)...But to have to give up skirts?!?!?!...Not fair!!!

But I bit the bullet and bought some boots...A really really cool pair of boots that come up about 6 inches and only have a half-inch heel. Went out this morning and got myself some black leggings and a nice light sweater that comes down to almost mid-thigh. Went home, threw it all together and went back out to do my daily round of household shopping, with a fair amount of window shopping thrown in,,,Ok, I wasn't actually window shopping so much as I was looking at my reflection and at those of people passing by.

No one gave me a second glance...Except for a couple of GG's who couldn't take their eyes off my really really cool pair of boots:-)

I'm not saying I passed, because I could never pass after a second glance, but dressed the way I dressed today, no one had any reason to give me a second glance....I'm gonna have to rethink this "skirt during daylight hours" thing.

Jaye

Edited to add: If I want to wear a skirt during daylight hours, I just realized that all I have to do is head downtown and wander around the shops near all the high-rise office buildings either during lunch-hour or after 4:00p.m...Just so long as I dress like I just came from the office. Life doesn't totally suck after all, except on "Casual Fridays".......

Jennifer-GWN
10-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Jaye.... Call sounds like you fall in the same camp as me... Dresses and skirts rule. My only departure from these is my one pair of leggings which I adore. No pants for this gal at this point. Call me a traditionalist.

Cheers... Jennifer

Tracii G
10-21-2014, 08:40 PM
I wear what I see other girls wear and yes that way you blend right in and fly under the radar.
Second glances yeah they probably know you are a CD but you look pretty normal so its no big deal.

MelanieAnne
10-21-2014, 08:52 PM
I've often felt that if I wanted to see high heels, nylons and skirts, it was going to have to be a "do-it-yourself" project. :sad:

Beverley Sims
10-22-2014, 02:13 AM
So the reaction in Australia to nice boots is the same as over here? :)

Go to K Mart, they have a good selection of boots, they should be on sale now that summer is coming.