PDA

View Full Version : Awesome weekend

Jenny Beth
01-24-2006, 09:55 PM
My daughter came to vist this past weekend, it was her 28'th birthday. She has known about my femme side since she was 16 but it wasn't until close to three years ago that she actually saw me dressed. She's visited many times since but I always kept Jennifer in the closet because somehow I've felt it wasn't necessary to dress in front of her even though I knew she is okay with it, in a way I felt we should have father/daughter "quality time". But I've also felt she wasn't seeing the true me, I changed the way I live when she visits. But all that just went out the window.

She (Shanna) brought her girlfriend (Lexi) with her and I do mean girlfriend, they are a couple. Lexi has known about me since they started going together but this was the first time we met. They arrived on Saturday afternoon and we had some great conversations about both our lifestyles but quite frankly I didn't feel comfortable with me in drab. Sunday morning while they slept I fell into my normal routine and dressed, no makeup, just a femme top and slacks and my strappy flat sandals and as always my breast forms in place. When I heard them getting up I knew it was time to change but my heart wasn't in it. I found myself deliberately waiting until it wasn't possible for them not to see me. They were in the kitchen as I headed upstairs. As I turned the corner all I said was, "Hey, this is me". Shanna looked at me, "Oh wow, cute shoes", she said. That was it, for the past three days I've dressed the way I always do at home and this has been without question the best time I've ever had with my daughter. But there's a bonus here too, Lexi is an awesome gal and I've made a new friend. Now don't anyone get jealous here but she did my makeup on Sunday night and afterwards I put on my favourite skirt and top and ankle strap heels. We spent the next half hour taking pics and yes I'll be posting them. Shanna didn't bring the cable that attaches the camera and computer together so she's going to email them to me when she gets home. I'll be driving them to catch the ferry home soon so I have one more morning to enjoy this awesome time of my life. Cloud nine? You bet!

Tiffy
01-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Jenny, you go honey. I am so happy for you, cherish it dear. ;)

Kisses, April Marie

Laurie Ann
01-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Jenny I am so thrilled that you ahve an accepting daughter and she feels comfortable with your dressing.

Wenda
01-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Awesome! My kids know, but I havent dressed when they are around. Good for you.

uknowhoo
01-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Oh Jenny Beth, thank you for sharing such a heartwarming story. How wonderful to just be yourself, and have it be as perfectly natural for your family as it is for you. You are what so many of us aspire to. Hugs, Tammi

Paula Rae
01-25-2006, 01:05 AM
Hey up there on Cloud Nine, hope you never have to come down.
What a wonderful story, thanks for sharing it with us.

Ricki B

Raychel
01-25-2006, 05:43 AM
Wow, What to say. That must have been a dream come true for you. I bet you are looking forward to more visits from you daughter. Do Cherish these times.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DonnaT
01-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Fantastic, Jenny! Congratulations.:clap: :clap:

Girly Sara
01-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Fantastic thread to read Jenny and i'm so pleased for you. Will look forward to seeing the pix. Will you post a link please?

Hugs from Sara xxxx

Jenny Beth
01-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Just a bit of an update. I'm still waiting for her to send me those pics, it might be a while but I'll post them as soon as I get them. In the meantime thanks to all who responded, I'm just as anxious as you are to see how they turned out.

pauleen
01-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Im looking forward to seeing your pic,s ,and yes it is nice that your daughter ,and her friend are ok with who your really are ,and you dont have to hide it any longer.

Jenny Beth
01-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Finally some pics. My daughter is the one with blue streaks in her hair. And by the way neither of them have a problem with me posting their pics on a CD site. Is that cool or what?

mskilmer
01-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Oh my ... this is SUCH a great story! We're only here once ... why not live the way we want to. Your daughter sounds like an incredible person ... and so do you. I hope my kids turn out so well. You accepting them ... they accepting you ... everybody living in such a positive way!

michelleliz
01-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Jenny

isn't it great just to be who you want to be and are in side

Rachel Morley
01-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Wow, what a cool story!.....and what a cool family!!! Your daughter and her girlfriend sound awesome. I wouldn't mind betting she's as proud of you as a Dad as your are of her as your daughter. :)

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Your daughter is real a credit to her mothers. :clap:

Sharon
01-28-2006, 08:17 AM
It's a wonderful story, Jenny Beth. You should be very proud of your daughter, just as she is proud of you.

TGMarla
01-28-2006, 08:47 AM
Well all right! Funny how things work out sometimes, eh? All's right with the world after all, and now you're closer than ever to the one person who means the most to you. I'm very glad for you. And hey....your daughter's girlfriend looks.....interesting, to say the least.

Jenny Beth
01-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts. And yes I am very proud of her. The pic that is in my profile is on her refrigerator. It made me uncomfortable so I asked her if she took it down when her friends visit. Her reply was anyone who had a problem with it wasn't a friend. I must say it feels strange being out to people I don't even know and will probably never meet but I'm okay with it.