PDA

View Full Version : Purge Question?

Kate Jennings
10-22-2014, 10:31 AM
We've just about all done it...Purging.

What did you purge that you really miss?

For me, it was a five wigs I threw out a number of years ago...Cut just right, great colors I miss them so!

How about you?

Cheryl T
10-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Oh my...I had this beautiful cowl neck dress with long sleeves and a sash belt in Chocolate that I adored. It looked so nice with coffee stockings and my dark brown pumps. It fit like a glove and hugged every curve. Then came the purge and alas it went the way of so many other things. I also had a fabulous pair of sling back strappy sandals with a 4" spike heel in leopard print. What I wouldn't give to have those back.

Tina B.
10-22-2014, 11:53 AM
I only purged once, and only lost one thing I miss. A pair of Ostrich heels, back when Ostrich was not being sold in this country, so they couldn't be replaced. Those where the most comfortable heels I've ever owned.

Samantha_Smile
10-22-2014, 12:05 PM
I lost a lovely comfy pair of black milano leather boots with 5" heels.
Never getting those back :(

cdterri
10-22-2014, 12:07 PM
Way too much to even try to list.

BillieJoEllen
10-22-2014, 12:18 PM
I only purged once and that was before I went in the service. I had many things I really adored but I did have one skirt suit with a tight skirt that I really was very fond of. Then there was all of that very femme lingerie that I really loved..... Actually I could go on and on .....

Yoshisaur
10-22-2014, 01:16 PM
The only time I purged was when I was switching bedrooms with my sister. Her old room was too small and had no place for me to hide my things. That and I was paranoid about them finding something as we're moving, so I decided it was best to purge. Now I have a big box and cabinet to hide everything and they have locks so that'a a plus.

Gina Glowe
10-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Almost everything I have purged was always lingerie- most of the same things- I'm very habitual- I guess that is why I am still dressing? Always a set of nice heels, long brunette wig, opaque bodystocking, black thigh highs, pearls pearls and pearls. always very femme- very very femme- and it would all go in a dumpster- and I have always replaced everything- and added some nice things as well.

Jaylyn
10-22-2014, 01:55 PM
I have purged off and on from my teen years throwing out moms old girdles n hose that had runners to makeup that had only been used once. I purged forty two old playboy magazines that I had hidden. I found them in a box on the side of the road. ( I used to stare at the beautiful girls in those magazines for hours). I quit purging in my late forties. That was when all my kids had been raised and I could keep things hid more easily and with my wife already knowing about my dressing and accepting, it was easy not to have to purge any more when I had too many things.

Ally 2112
10-22-2014, 02:26 PM
A white Jacklin smith (Charlie Angels) Skirt that i bought when K -Mart was still in Canada .it just fit so good and i loved the way it looked

Michelle colson
10-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Well, I've only purged twice, once when I was about 19 and then when I was 25. Both times it was because I was moving and was afraid someone would see my stuff. I miss nothing from the first purge but the second time there was a cute skirt and one dress plus some boots that fit oh so perfect. The stuff probably wouldn't fit now anyway but i still miss it. I've gotten better at hiding my stuff and didn't purge last time we moved. I've pretty much come to terms with dressing and doubt I'll ever purge again.

jeank
10-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Buying a lot on line, most of my purging has been to simply get rid of stuff that didn't quite work out the way I thought it would - or got worn out, or that I simply got tired of, as I have limited storage space.

There was however one pair of black leather shoes which were on special outside a store. They were the first I ever bought, and it was a rush as I was very self conscious about buying them at the time.

They were really elegant, even though they only had a 2" heel, and also very comfortable. Still don't really know why I included them with a purge - I'd love to have them back.

Adriana Moretti
10-22-2014, 04:10 PM
I purged alot of my latex clothing, skirts, catsuits, stockings etc....they were sooo expensive, and every time its cold out, i wish i still had them cause they were so warm.

kimdl93
10-22-2014, 04:54 PM
I've been fortunate. My many micro purges involved a few pair of stockings and undies. By the time I dared accumulate any kind of wardrobe, I was thankfully past seriously considering a purge. Maybe there is a name for the permanently post purge period.

Melissa18
10-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Every thing, I wish I hadn't purged at all

Melissa73
10-22-2014, 08:00 PM
my pink tennis skirt and white top

Beverley Sims
10-22-2014, 08:30 PM
The purge I had done for me lost a nice body hugging cocktail dress.

~Joanne~
10-22-2014, 08:47 PM
I had a pair of wooden high heels, don't remember the brand, don't remember all the finer details of the heels but I do remember they were, and might still be if I still had them, the absolute best fitting pair I ever had. They were cute, sexy, and I loved the click they made. Man I miss those heels lol Other than that, I don't have anything else that stood out like they haven't been replaced ;)

BLUE ORCHID
10-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Hi Kate , I've never purged but I have thinned things out to Goodwill .

Lexi Moralas
10-22-2014, 09:41 PM
I've gone through about 6 total purges.
Just about back to having enough to put together a couple outfits after the last one
And there was a lot of crap I hung on to that I didn't need or even like.
But the things I miss ? They are to many to list

Adelaide
10-22-2014, 09:53 PM
I've never purged....my S.O. did it behind my back as she did not agree with my cding....I ended up buying everything back...she obviously doesn't know about it...it's in a locker.

JenniferR771
10-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Oh so sad. I got rid of an early human hair wig. And...the single photograph I had from a complete makeover wearing that wig. I was younger and prettier then.

Tallulah Rose
10-23-2014, 03:58 AM
I wish I still had my first heels (that I bought on my 16th birthday) - simple black suede stilettos with a 4" heel. Also, a pair of royal blue 5" heels from the same time, with a sexy little bow at the front and metal tips on the heels. I loved them so.

Glenda58
10-23-2014, 10:23 AM
5 years ago I purged almost everything had before I got remarried. Had a walk-in closet full of things. the only things I kept were my wigs. Wish I had them all back. It was thousands of dollars of cloths that took years of shopping to get. From everyday cloths to party dresses and heels.

Stephanie47
10-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Back in the early 1970's I purged one dress, the first I ever owned. It was during a bout of self loathing. I never purged anything else. I will say I should go through some of my lingerie and get rid of it because I've gone from a 38 to 42. But, those sexy lacy slips are no longer manufactured. They're still great to look at.

Janine cd
10-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Several pairs of very comfortable heels that I will probably never be able to replace. Also, my favorite wig.

Jilmac
10-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Out of everything I've purged over the years, I had a designer set of Givenchy lingerie, panties, bra, shaper, and waist nipper in satin mocha with lace trim. I put them in a bag with many other feminine items and donated it all to Goodwill, that was in1983. I hope whomever bought the set enjoyed it as much as I did.

Savannah_Skye
10-23-2014, 11:01 PM
Had a beautiful lighter red/pinkish lacy dress with a perfect a-line that actually made it appear I had some kind of hips. Went to right to the knees. Threw it in a dumpster to prove I was a "man." Glad I'm not alone in purging but wow I am still kicking myself over that one.

Kris Avery
10-23-2014, 11:14 PM
Never thrown anything back to gw that I did miss.
I guess I'm careful, and have a storage box so I can see if I want it back for 6 months.

sometimes_miss
10-24-2014, 11:44 AM
As a teen, I had an older sister who had two very short mini dresses, but she virtually never wore them once she got to college and into her jeans only period. After she moved out of our family home, her things got stored up in the attic, which became my stash because basically, no one ever bothered with stuff that went up there. One day, my mom decided it was time to do a clearing out job, and I saw my sister's clothes in the bags for clothing for the poor. I, of course, snuck out and grabbed what I wanted, those two dresses and an assortment of underwear that I treasured dearly. When I moved out of my parent's house, I took my stash with me; but I was sharing a home with other guys, and was afraid they would find it, so I threw them away. It was those dresses that made me feel the best I ever had when wearing girl clothing. Never to be seen again.
Next, I had two playtex all in one briefer/girdles with garter attachments. They don't make anything like them anymore, not with garter attachments. They show up on ebay once in a while, but not in the large sizes. The ones made by Rago, Bali and other companies either don't fit, are too uncomfortable, or don't have garter tabs. When I threw them away, I assumed that if I ever wanted, I could always buy new ones. I didn't think they'd just stop making them completely; Playtex was a HUGE undergarment company for women's things a few decades ago, I mistakenly thought that would never change.

justmetoo
10-24-2014, 08:08 PM
The only things I really regret having purged were photos from early makeover/transformation sessions. Those are irreplaceable, but I still have the memories of the experiences. Clothes, wigs, shoes, etc., are just material things that could all be replaced, often for the better. My only other real regret about purging is the wasted time, when I felt down on myself. But it was all part of the journey to get where I am today, much more self-accepting and happy. Anyway, I'd rather live in the present, dream about the future, and not dwell on the past. :)

Seana Summer
10-25-2014, 06:08 AM
I have not purged since before I left home for College. seems like yesterday but it was a long time ago now. I don't recall there being anything from those early years that I really miss and have not since replaced. The old fashioned nylon stockings come to mind, but I have found new ones recently. I do miss the brand of pantyhose my sister wore when she was young, like most of us I started by "borrowing" hers. None of those cloths would fit me now anyway.

Karen kc
10-25-2014, 06:18 AM
The one time I purged I got rid of an ankle length ball gown and a pair of 4in open toe pumps, broke my heart!! lol. But it did go to the soroptomist club

Tiffany Jane
10-25-2014, 06:53 AM
Purging is like paying for a therapist you don't want to see and have no real intentions of listening to their advice. Just a lot of wasted money. Thankfully my collections have been small and not cost a lot of money. Guess that's why I'm back here. A skirt from my second purge was actually inspired by christmas shopping for my sister who wanted a skirt, saw one for her and had to buy two. Amazingly at the time we were the same size. Last purge I miss the short jean shorts and skirt as well as a couple pair of heels.

kellyanne
10-25-2014, 06:55 AM
Perhaps my most precious tosses a beautiful 9 pc French Maid's outfit, a 4 piece wedding dress with a 6 ' attachable hooked train & 15 ft sheer veil.

It's been almost 20 years since any purge , I cannot change the DNA and CDing makes me happy.

I agree with the prior post which says something like a crossdresser throwing out her clothes is like a fish throwing out its water.

:battingeyelashes:

EllenJo
10-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Kate you are on the money, we have all done it and always regret it. The last time I purged, and believe me it will be the last time. I threw out a lovely burgundy skirt, and white ruffled blouse that I loved. The fit was perfect and I loved the look. Along with that went a wonderful OBG with garters and a vintage VF full slip with lace bodice and hem. I think of these things often especially the OBG and the slip. They are not replaceable. That purge was 15 years ago and I will never purge again. To all of you newbies here, remember fight the urge to purge.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

steftoday
10-25-2014, 07:50 AM
A beautiful set of Vanity Fair "Lace Piquant" lingerie that you just can't find anymore, except perhaps on eBay. Bra, panties, half slip and full slip.
I will never purge again.

Christen
10-25-2014, 07:19 PM
A very pretty torsolette. It fitted perfectly, nipped my waist in and was comfortable. Now discontinued, so I can't replace it, Dang!

Angie G
10-25-2014, 07:36 PM
A short green skirt with a maching vest.:hugs:
Angie