PDA

View Full Version : A compliment of sorts?

Zoe B
10-22-2014, 03:53 PM
One of those funny things you have to share:

I was going into school this morning with my wife and we stopped at a McDonald's as we have no time for a drink this morning. Now obviously I was in drab, the lady serving us at the drive through window complimented my wife on her scarf and was chatting with us briefly. When we had paid see looked over and nodded at us and said 'have a good day ladies' - not the line I was expecting and quite funny to hear, I wonder what she was picking up on :heehee:

Annaliese
10-22-2014, 04:00 PM
That is funny, I would love to here that dress or drab

AllieSF
10-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Yes, I know that feeling too. Just last week I went into a small restaurant with my grand daughter for lunch right after she got her hair cut and I got my growing hair trimmed and lightly colored for the first time ever. I too was in guy mode. The sweet young lady who met us at the door as we walked welcomed us "ladies". Neither of us even heard what she said bedsides a nice welcoming greeting of some sort. Interesting how the mind and hearing turn off once they know the basics of the words being spoken, even if the details are missed! Anyway, the girl came back a little later total embarrassed and apologetic for calling me a lady. Little did she know how nice it sounded to this flat chested older gentleman.

Beverley Sims
10-22-2014, 09:12 PM
From recent experiences here in NY. I dont think some stop and look.
I have spoken in a soft voice, obviously in drab and get a thank you m'am when buying in the womens departments.
It happened yesterday at TJ Max ans H+M