PDA

View Full Version : Ummm...

Deborah
01-25-2006, 12:48 AM
I was in Bremerton (Washington) this past weekend and went to a local store. At the customer service desk there was a guy standing there wearing a knee length shirt, tie dyed t-shirt, shaved legs, tennis shoes, neck length hair (balding in the middle) and wearing ear rings.

I give her a 10 for bravery, but it's not the sort of look i'd go for "IF" i ever went out.

Yes i know i'm a wuss, but if i go out it will be at night.
I felt tempted to tell her with a wig, makeup and heels she may have looked better, but i had my kids with me so we left later.

So here's to you girl if you happen to visit here. :clap:

Paula Rae
01-25-2006, 01:18 AM
Hey Deborah,

You gave her a 10 for bravery and I give you a 10 for keeping your mouth shut.
She may have taken your good intentions as criticism or she may have just been one of those weird dressed guys like we have here in California.

Ricki B

Deborah
01-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Hey Deborah,
she may have just been one of those weird dressed guys like we have here in California.

Ricki B

Yeah you know half of California moves up here every Summer? So maybe she forgot to leave. :bs:

Jenney Love
01-25-2006, 06:33 AM
...guy standing there wearing a knee length shirt, tie dyed t-shirt, shaved legs, tennis shoes, neck length hair (balding in the middle) and wearing ear rings.

I felt tempted to tell her with a wig, makeup and heels she may have looked better, but i had my kids with me so we left later.

:clap:

Hmm, a transgendered person that has found a middle ground and was not concerned about passing, but being themselfs. These are the people that are going to move crossdressing into the norm, to the point were a man wearing a skirt with shaved legs is no longer crossdressing.

Jenney

Wendy me
01-25-2006, 07:23 AM
I was in Bremerton (Washington) this past weekend and went to a local store. At the customer service desk there was a guy standing there wearing a knee length shirt, tie dyed t-shirt, shaved legs, tennis shoes, neck length hair (balding in the middle) and wearing ear rings.

I give her a 10 for bravery, but it's not the sort of look i'd go for "IF" i ever went out.

Yes i know i'm a wuss, but if i go out it will be at night.

So here's to you girl if you happen to visit here. :clap:

you know that this whole dressing thingy is diffrent for a lot of us and it is so what you or any one is commfy with....ok maybe she was no beauty queen and she just might have truble "passing" as a gg ...true ....

you know what she had going for her ??? ok i will tell you .. she was comfy in who she was to just be who she is ... and that's way cool yes give huge points in being happy and comfy in who she is ,.....

i so glade you did not have any thing to tell her abought tips on looking better :thumbsup: see when we see a sister if we do say anything it should be positive ... you know up lifting and make them smile and feel good abought them selfes....one nice shoes will wipe away a hey freek ... comment rember we are all sisters here and out there ....over all i do restecte your thoughts that she could use some tips on looking better and was happy that you did not offer them ...rember your at the counter for only a short time ... the girl on the outher side of it is there all day and thats a long time to be thinking omg i look like a freek ......you did so right ... thanks...

Lilith Moon
01-25-2006, 07:46 AM
you know what she had going for her ??? ok i will tell you .. she was comfy in who she was to just be who she is ... and that's way cool yes give huge points in being happy and comfy in who she is ,.....

:yrtw:

Right on the nail, Wendy !

I expect Butterfly Bill will be along soon to add some comments.

susandrea
01-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Hmm, a transgendered person that has found a middle ground and was not concerned about passing, but being themselfs. These are the people that are going to move crossdressing into the norm, to the point were a man wearing a skirt with shaved legs is no longer crossdressing.

Jenney

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Perhaps not the norm, but at least tolerated and OUT THERE.

TGMarla
01-25-2006, 08:47 AM
All good points, but for me, I'd still want to look prettier. No one wants to see me without my wig, or in a simple tie-die t-shirt, believe me. I don't want to see me like that either. But it takes a lot of different people to make up a world. Who am I to judge.

Maybe I'd better stay me.

GEISHA
01-25-2006, 10:42 AM
:) Unless You Are Caught It Does Not Give A Arousal Feeling. Yes U Have To Be Courageous Enough For The Sneer And Rebuke. I Told My Self There Are Crimes Pardoned ,hey! This Is No Crime,it Is Doing What I Feel Good About. Nowadays The Store Girls Know Me And Help Me Try Out With New Nail Paints And Lipsticks. Hankies I Adore,the Counter Girl Gives Me A Gift After Every Purchase

paulaN
01-25-2006, 11:04 AM
A positive reaction or comment would be the best thing onyone could do. If that strikes up a conversation she may ask for advice. I have to give her a 10 for beeing ones self. No closet for her. I like that.

miyako
01-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I'd just comment them. Compliments are so much more encouragement than anything. I think most of us know how well a comment does for us.

I also agree with Jenny.

It may come to be not considered as crossdressing. But the difference is that the crossdressing community is so closeted from the rest of the LBGT community that it is hidden in the shadows. So much this and so much that.

Reminds me of a book I read a bit ago. "My Husband Betty." A very good read I must say. Well just a little imput from my perspective.

Deborah
01-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Don't get me wrong. I admired her very much for being out.
I personally would want to look as femme as possible or at least blend where i go un-noticed. Anyway i'm happy for her.
That's what i hate about forums I can't always express myself as well as I'd like. I prefer face to face conversations.

uknowhoo
01-25-2006, 01:08 PM
It's OK Deb. We'll keep you around for a week or 2 anyway.;)

As for the sales clerk, two cliches come to mind:

"Love and let live" and "more power to her."

Hugs, Tammi

Ellaine
01-25-2006, 01:38 PM

:yrtw: Innit?

Paula Rae
01-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Maybe I should have phrased my statement a little different.

If she (he) was not a crossdresser, you may have saved yourself a punch on the nose.

Ricki B