PDA

View Full Version : How things change as we get older

Lexi Moralas
10-23-2014, 07:38 AM
I was in the shows trying to get a super close shave for a possible outing today.
And I started thinking about how much harder it is to get a close shave now that I am older !
But on the flip side a gray shadow is easier to cover than a black one ,
Any one have any observations about us aging cd's

Annaliese
10-23-2014, 08:01 AM
My style has change, more age appropriate, the clothes I buy now, my wife even likes most the time, still not her style. Use to be exciting, now comfortable, and relaxed.

heather ann martin
10-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Growing older means I can pass easily as a middle aged woman. And that my dear sister's is all Ive ever wanted to be

Allisa
10-23-2014, 09:40 AM
I'm not sure how to say this but I think we are perceived as being "harmless" and tend to be more open and friendly. We have an air about us as have being " been there done that" and this is who I am and happy to be me take it or leave it. I don't know I could be way off base on this.

As always (dino) Lisa

Barbara Maria
10-23-2014, 10:34 AM
I guess it would be all that hair.It's everywhere but my head.I shave every place I can reach but it's getting to be a full time job.The advantage is that my breasts have grown to the point where I can fill out a b cup without forms.I still wear my forms as a rule,but now I can get some nice clevage.

Nikki A.
10-23-2014, 10:50 AM
I think look much more passable, although I think that's because the eyesight is worse.
Seriously, I think it's easier to blend as you get older. Our features soften with age, beard if easier to cover. Also as many women age they tend to thicken at the waist and the differences in body shape are not as great as when we are younger.

Bria
10-23-2014, 10:54 AM
My beard is white and even after a day you can't see it unless you are real close so just a little foundation covers it nicely. My boobs are about like Barbara's, but then that comes with some fat on the tummy!

I may be aging but that doesn't mean that I'm going to grow up!

Hugs, Bria

Stephanie47
10-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Actually, it is becoming easier. I never had any hair follicles on the back of my legs. I have never shaved my legs and at this time in my life I have no hair on my legs or under my arms. I still shave, and, yes the gray is more easily hidden. I can go without shaving for three days. When I get en femme I always shave my face and I have no beard shadow for the entire day. I've never been a hairy beast.

Sarah Doepner
10-23-2014, 11:43 AM
I'm not trying to impress anyone with how feminine I can be any longer. I'm just trying to be comfortable, so when it comes time to go through the closet and make room for something new I have all sorts of things that younger and more slender women will appreciate. I'm getting used to being who I am, so there aren't the highs and lows that come with earlier explorations into my gender identity. My technical skills and equipment are all in place now with only the need for occasional tweeks to improve or replace something that isn't working as well as I'd like. It's becoming a little easier to interact with others and not be angry and expect them to know all the right things to say, they are learning too.

docrobbysherry
10-23-2014, 11:58 AM
When u get way up there, over 70, like me? U have to lose weight for health, and in my case bad back, reasons.

Add loss of muscle tone and what do u get? A slimmer, less muscled figure. Maybe not the thing for TS's.

But, us CD's get to try on new, hotter outfits!

carhill2mn
10-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Personally, I think that it is easier for we CDs who are older as no one is expecting to see some "hot babe". Many GWs look less feminine as they age thus, reducing the "difference".

Crissy Kay
10-23-2014, 02:34 PM
That means for us older sissy and fetish dressers, we don't have to worry about changing styles or hemlines!! If we ever cared in the first place!!!

audreyinalbany
10-23-2014, 03:35 PM
yeah I think in general people tend to look more androgynous as the years go by. Problem is, as we get older, we have to dress more 'age appropriate.' Although every time I see a woman my age (60) dressed stylishly, yet tastefully, knowing full well how attractive she looks, my heart skips a beat. THAT'S the look I'm going for, not "some old broad trying to look hot…", but a mature woman who likes to dress nicely

Stephanie Julianna
10-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Personally, I think it gets easier to pass as I get older. I'm not as buff. My face is less edgy and my body hair is disappearing. I have not had any hair on my legs for about 8 years now. Chest hair is also thinning. I also find it easier to get a closer face shave. With the wider range of fashions appropriate for our age group shopping is easier as well.

Adriana Moretti
10-23-2014, 05:22 PM
you must be using the wrong razors,creme, prep etc....i find it easier now ( yes i have some greys)....but you dont do this often so your face probably wasnt prepped and was probably one asspect you overlooked....next time do a practice run a week before, or now that you got a close shave keep it. Did you make it out???

kimdl93
10-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Shaving is among the least of my concerns these days. Covering lines and sags is much worse!

Bria
10-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Covering lines and sags is not a problem for me as is just not possible anymore!

Hugs, Bria

tommi
10-23-2014, 06:04 PM
For me it has gotten to the point I get depressed when I dress
Because of health problems I put 35 lbs on in the last 2 years
On the plus side I can make great cleavage

Janine cd
10-23-2014, 06:49 PM
I've also found that my body hair is softer and growing slower. I have less beard stubble and softer skin when I shave. I too admire older women's style of clothing when it's stylish and feminine.

Diane Smith
10-24-2014, 12:09 AM
I probably don't look as good as I did 20 or 30 years ago, but my vision is deteriorating even faster than my appearance, so overall the view in my mirror has improved over the years. :)

I also care a heck of a lot less about how other people will perceive me, which makes dressing up and going out a lot easier.

- Diane

Tania75
10-24-2014, 12:28 AM
As the years tick over, in a lot of ways , its not so much how I look, but how I feel.
If my dress is a bit short, or my wig or make-up not age appropriate, then so be it.
If I feel great dressing up how I want, that's all that matters to me.
If that feeling when dressing up disappears, then I may as well give crossdressing a miss, and I hope that never happens.

Beverley Sims
10-24-2014, 12:35 AM
Only that until recently I always used an electric shaver.
I had never used a blade to shave clean.
Now I find that to get that smooth complexion I have to use a razor occasionally.

charlenesomeone
10-24-2014, 03:52 AM
Same here as Lexi, seems I have to shave twice to get real close.
Try some conditioner on the second time, it seems to work well.
Char

Jeninus
10-24-2014, 10:22 PM
It is true that now we don't have to (and couldn't) dress "to the nines" with a miniskirt, long hair and very high heels. As we are mature (in age, if not otherwise) we can dress conservatively, which many times means a really fine and expensive skirt with a better cut.

Perhaps most importantly, is a certain attitude that I think many of us have developed, which is that we no longer care so deeply about what others around us may think. We are here, en femme, to enjoy ourselves - and by damn, we will! Not only is life too short and not only did we not get the bodies many of us would have preferred, but at our age, that life is getting ever shorter. Carpe Diem!

Jen

Kris Avery
10-25-2014, 08:52 AM
I think it's easier as we get older....except applying makeup.
What do you mean I have to do it without any optical correction?
Get me a mirror, magnifying glass, and a light... Ha ha ha

Lexi Moralas
10-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Sherry,I never would have guessed that you are 70 ! You go girl!!

suchacutie
10-25-2014, 08:21 PM
It's now only less difficult to match the body of older women, but the the facial details of older women are not as wonderfully perfect as younger women. Also, voices tend to deepen as we age so matching pitch is easier. Add in our whitening beard hair and the picture gets better by the day.

barbie lanai
10-26-2014, 03:24 AM
I find myself looking for longer skirts that reach the knee and dresses with at least 3/4 sleeves. I feel wobbly in my stilettos and have switched to lower broader heels and now to my new favorite, wedges. On the plus side my push up bra now has something to push and I have quit wearing my silicon forms for the more natural feel of what's in the bra cups. And what gets easily tucked away, stays tucked even in the skimpiest panties with no surprises. On the negative side is all the !@#$ ear & nose hair. And for some reason neither seems to have grayed.

Teresa
10-26-2014, 05:42 AM
Lexi,
So many members say that when they get older they shave less ! At the moment everything appears to growing as well if not quicker ! I close shave my face everyday but legs and chest have now come down to everyday to stay really smooth ! If I shaved all over I'd be in the shower 24/7 !!
My legs have stayed looking OK but my hands show signs of ageing, all the physical work of building and darkroom chemicals ! I spilt some boiling water on them accidently and didn't feel it, hardly blistered ! As for getting ten perfect nails maybe for a day or two at the most !!

EllenJo
10-26-2014, 08:04 AM
As I have aged, everything about my crossdressing has gotten easier. Mostly because I passed the point of caring what other people think. My leg hair is thinning, my beard has turned white and is easier to hide, and I can fill an A cup bra without pads. My wife is older too and for the last couple of years she no longer cares how I dress or how often. (we use to be DADT). I find that clothing choices are easier to come by since I have a very casual style. All in all getting older has been a plus for me. The only negative is the ear and nose hair that has to be tamed. I have gone from the weird guy trying to look like a sexy girl to the old guy that dresses like a middle aged women. I think of myself like a good bottle of bourbon. I have gotten better with age.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

Tina B.
10-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Never really had a lot of body hair, and the facial hair is light colored, but as I've reached old age, the body hair as all but disappeared.
At 70, I've stopped worrying about looking sexy, and buy for comfort most of the time.
Down side, Thongs don't look so good on an old fat CD'er but then grannie panties are comfortable. Skirts are longer, and looser, so some days I don't even have to tuck. And tights cover up Varicose veins, so life is still worth living in a dress.

CherylFlint
10-26-2014, 01:21 PM
My outfits of today reflect my age than what I wore years ago.
My SO picks what she wants me to wear and she is not at all the "girly" type: she doesn't even own a slip!
But she knows that I like a sheer blouse with longline bra so she'll accomadate me whenever she can.
But to answer your question: the older I get the more conservative my wardrobe is.
But my all-out FAVORITE outfit is still the short black leather mini-skirt, and I don't get to wear that as often as I used to. Now it's for just around the house.