PDA

View Full Version : CAUGHT!!!!! can't stop laughing?

Sheila11
10-24-2014, 12:24 AM
For some reason I have been getting a little careless. It finally caught up with me.

Tuesday is my day to play. My wife is off to work and I'm not. My folks who live with us are out with friends to a long lunch. I am dressed and our the door for a little shopping and lunch. All age appropriate below the knee blue multi patterned dress with high neckline, beige sweater, beige heels and purse.

I turn down the driveway just as the parents are pulling into the garage. I back out onto the street and wait ten minutes. Back down the drive I park to the side and sneak into the garage. I'm half way across the garage and I hear the door opening. I duck down behind my bike as mom enters and goes to the other side to look for something in a cupboard. My heart beats out of my chest as she closes the cupboard, walks right past the door and is headed for the cupboards right behind me.

Just before she steps round the bike I stand up. The look of surprise on her face is priceless. But the conversation that took place would rival Abbott and Costello "who's on first".

Me, " oh my you caught me".
Her, " doing what?"
"What?"
"What are you doing here?"

Beverley Sims
10-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Sheila,
Well.......
You can elaborate you know.

Don't keep us in suspenders. :)

LelaK
10-24-2014, 01:35 AM
Yeah. What's with the suspenders?

PattiAllison
10-24-2014, 01:39 AM
Yes, those pesky suspenders are killing me!

Martina
10-24-2014, 01:48 AM
Well Sheila,
I want to hear more you just can't leave us in suspension we want to know more than what!!!

charlenesomeone
10-24-2014, 03:36 AM
Come on Sheila, we're waiting, you hooked us, reel us in with the "the rest of the story"!!!!

Katey888
10-24-2014, 04:47 AM
Sheila... were you feeling like you were thirteen again...? :)

And there has to be a punchline... I guess...? :thinking:

Perhaps it's just one of those: You live with someone and actually they know a whole lot more about what's going on than you realise - and especially when it's your mom... :D

Katey x

Claire Cook
10-24-2014, 05:00 AM
Yes, it's just not fair to leave us hanging! How did you respond to that last line?

Mollyanne
10-24-2014, 07:36 AM
Sheila Sheila Sheila, I know you are laughing your a$$ off right now but please finish this, inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!

Molly

Sheila11
10-24-2014, 07:45 AM
Sorry. The rest of the post got dropped somehow.

Mom," what are you doing?"
Me," I put this together for a holloween party"
What?
I wanted to see if it would work. If I would pass.
What? Pass what?
If this costume would look real.
What costume. Who are you?
What? Im your son.
No your not.
Really?
Who are you?
I'm your son. Can't you hear my voice?
I hear you but nothing else matches. Who are you?
I'm your son. I'm going inside.
Wait. You can't go in there. Who are you?
I'm your son, don't you believe me? Should I take off this wig?
Let me see your teeth.
What?
Let me see your teeth!
Big smile from me.
Those are the right teeth.
OK. I'm going inside to change. Please don't say anything rto dad or anyone. Please

All I hear is a strange, nervous, surprised, anxious, laughter as I leave the room. My heart is in my throat. 45 plus years of cross dressing flashes before my eyes. I'm toast.

Got to go to work. More later.

Amanda L.
10-24-2014, 07:50 AM
Mums!
They're freaking priceless.
What a great story. Thanks so much for sharing
Luv
Amanda

~Joanne~
10-24-2014, 08:08 AM
See you could have just said "oh lord, I am in the wrong garage" and just walked away. Apparently your own mom didn't recognize you so that really prove your passable ;) Sounds like you , yourself, made this into a thing that could have been avoided but at that moment in time I am sure you were panicking and no one thinks straight in that moment. Does your wife know you dress? Did your mom tell your dad? how many people do you think will now know IF she didn't buy the costume excuse? please keep us updated and good luck

Debi
10-24-2014, 10:22 AM
That was SO funny... thank you for brightening my day x

Amy Fakley
10-24-2014, 11:24 AM
:rofl: "let me see your teeth"
Priceless! Hope things go well ...

natalie_cheryl
10-24-2014, 11:38 AM
AWESOME!! That has to be the best I got caught story ever!

Annaliese
10-24-2014, 11:46 AM
You have to post more, I am on pins and needles here.

Tracii G
10-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Holy crow I have to hear the rest of this!!

SamanthaSometimes
10-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Its a good thing you weren't dressing up as Elvira this Halloween and wearing vampire fangs with your costume or you may have never gotten back in your house.

Debra Russell
10-24-2014, 11:58 AM
This is priceless!! please tell more...... BTW you look great................................Debra

Amy Lynn3
10-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Sheila, I think you have taught us something....how to come out to people in a fun way. I loved the story and hope you post more as time allows. Oh, did I say I loved it.:hugs:

Katey888
10-24-2014, 02:33 PM
I knew there had to be a punchline(s) there... :)

Great story Sheila - you handled it well... so far... but what happens now...? Another cliffhanger, it seems...

:thinking:

Katey x

Judith96a
10-24-2014, 02:42 PM
See you could have just said "oh lord, I am in the wrong garage" and just walked away.

I love the idea. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Christen
10-24-2014, 04:36 PM
That is just amazing. And yep, I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment.

Christen x

RADER
10-24-2014, 06:45 PM
Will this encounter be on U Tube, or the 10:00 PM. news???????
Rader

Sheila11
10-24-2014, 07:30 PM
So I know I have to talk to mom and I have learned on this forum that I should just tell the truth. So I spent the next 36 hours deciding what truth to tell mom. Yesterday she found an excuse to drop everything and help me with a stain on the carpet. I wanted to bring it up but I was not sure where dad was. Finally she says, "I need to talk to you about the ghost I saw in the garage. It is all I can think about and it has me real troubled and confused. When and where is the Halloween party?"

I took a deep breath and replied, "what I have to say is not going to help with the confusion. There isn't a party. I was dressed up because I sometimes like to dress in woman's clothes. I am not gay (I am sure this is her biggest fear), I don't like men or boys and never have. I am not involved in the gay community and never have been. I like to dress and develop a total different persona. I have been doing it since I was a kid, and you are the only one to know about it. If you chose to share this with anyone and word gets out, everything I have worked towards over the years will be finished. (I am a prominent local business owner and recognized citizen). I'm sorry I have put you in this position. "

She asked," does your wife know?"
Yes. She doesn't like it and doesn't want it around. (Dadt and don't get caught)
You looked so dressed up and pretty, she said. I don't even know how to do that.
After a couple more reassurances, my 79 year old mother got up from the carpet she had been scrubbing, threw her arms around me and tearfully said," no matter what I will always love you, and I won't tell anyone ".
I hugged her tight thanked her and told her I loved her.

Just as we separated dad walked in the room and the conversation turned to their leaky faucet.

I slept a lot better last night.

Jean 103
10-24-2014, 07:47 PM
great story and your mom is GREAT! ♡ jean

Kris Avery
10-24-2014, 08:07 PM
So funny. Loved the story....

BLUE ORCHID
10-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Hi Sheila, I'm laughing so hard that the tears are running down my leg.

Katey888
10-25-2014, 04:38 AM
I'm so pleased that's turned out well for you Sheila... you do have a great mom... :cheer:

And at least she didn't ask 'why'... :)

Katey x

Martina
10-25-2014, 04:56 AM
Thank you for the update, so pleased that you and your mother had the chance to talk at least that is now something that you can put behind you and that your mother won't tell anyone.
The next talk maybe with your wife to let her know that mother now knows.

Martina

Claire Cook
10-25-2014, 05:02 AM
What a wonderful story; it's brightened the day for all of us! You do have a great Mom ... thanks again for sharing this. It will be interesting to see if your relationship with her becomes a bit closer. And it says a lot about your presentation!

JamieG
10-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Wow, I would have freaked out. I'm glad it had a happy ending.

Annaliese
10-25-2014, 09:49 AM
I read "two days later" your mom is rock star, so touching and accepting,

ChrissyW1
10-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Could have been worse. My mom caught my first halfway attempt, and drove me into repressing it for 35 years, 25 after she died.

Debra Russell
10-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Happy ending ..... and you do look great,......................Debra

kimdl93
10-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Finally got to the two days later portion of the thread. What a great mother! That cheered my heart, but then I thought of the rest of what you shared with her, and felt sad that a person should need to hide and deny a portion of oneself. You have proven your worth in your marriage, your work and community. It's a terrible shame to acknowledge that this contributing dimension of the whole person can't be shared without threatening all of who you are and what you have achieved.

CarlaWestin
10-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Aw! That's just so nice of your Mom.
And she does carpet cleaning!

:straightface:

charlenesomeone
10-25-2014, 01:54 PM
A wonderful ending to a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it.

Carmen
10-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Sheila that was a great story! I especially like when she asked to see your teeth..,you were completely unrecognizable to her.
I've been in similar situations and the feeling of validity is priceless!

And the conversation that you two had was special.
Thank you for sharing!

Christen
10-25-2014, 08:02 PM
How great for you and what a wonderful Mum you have. And I can imagine the relief you feel being able to share this with your Mum.

Christen x

joanne51
10-26-2014, 09:22 AM
I loved the way you told that story Sheila, it left nothing to the imagination.
Your mum was convinced it wasn't you, practically denying you entry to your own home!
Its amazing what steps we take to grab even a few hours to ourselves.
Please let us know of any new developments.

michellecd9999
11-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Oh my!!!! I am sure that you were a nervous mess for days. I am glad she was okay and accepting of it and will keep it confidential. My mom passed away 1 year ago. I think she had an idea I was getting in her drawers and closet, but never said anything. I ALMOST came out to her during her final few months, but thought better of it. So glad your mom is okay with it. You do look so passable, especially with the weight loss and I think your makeup has improved (went back reading all your old post).

CONSUELO
11-06-2014, 01:13 PM
I loved the part where you are ducking down behind the bike to hide. Love to hear the sequel. Is your mum still laughing?

Heather_Shirly
11-06-2014, 01:20 PM
That story is priceless!

I had a smile on my face almost the whole time I this post.

Then your last reply still has me smiling. Good for you Sheila!

Alice Torn
11-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Bravo! Great suspense and a happy ending!

Teresa
11-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Sheila,
The disjointed story added to the fun, if you have a good one tell it in stages ! It was worth the wait !

Does your mother usually go round asking to see peoples teeth ? What if it wasn't you and they handed her pair of false ones ?
Would your dad be so against your dressing if he knew ?

Michelle 78
11-06-2014, 04:37 PM
What a great story with a happy ending, Mom's are great!:)

S. Lisa Smith
11-06-2014, 06:52 PM
I'm glad it turned out well!!!

Brenda456
11-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Whew! A happy ending.

Isabella Ross
11-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Sheila, great story. I laughed and cried. I guess wisdom truly comes with age. I didn't have a garage incident, but I opted to tell my 79 year old mother earlier this year. Her response was just like yours. And I've been sleeping soundly since.

tictac43
11-06-2014, 09:19 PM
That's such a nice story!!! Thanks for sharing and I'm very happy for you :)

aly01
11-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Great story Sheila, glad she was so accepting.

Sarina Curtis
11-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Awesome story Sheila. I'm glad your mother was so understanding.

Sheila11
11-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Two weeks have passed since I passed and everything is back to what passes for normal. I am back in the proverbial closet. My life and reputation go forward uninterrupted, and dadt remains intact with my wife. Only once did mom make a slight veiled comment. I acted as if I did not hear.

Many of you have shared stories how accidental exposure has opened the door to your dressing more. Not going to happen. Too many people, to many variables. Nothing has changed with lovely wife, and no one but mom is the wiser. Possibly sad, but true.

50 years of secrets continue. I know this is intolerable to some, but until you have sashayed a mile in my heels please tolerate.

charlenesomeone
11-08-2014, 03:12 AM
Sheila it only matters to you. If you are OK with the way things are, if you can smile, then that is great.
Big hug for what sounds like a good outcome to your "passing" lol

Promethea
11-08-2014, 06:36 AM
How can anyone not tolerate? It's your life, hun, only you know your priorities and what the best balance is for it to be as good as it gets.

I loved the story. I'm glad that you got to share that moment with your mom, and that everything is still ok.

Marcelle
11-08-2014, 06:47 AM
Hi Sheila,

I am late to this thread but I must say it gave me a chuckle and a warm feeling both. What a great mom you have and I am glad it worked out for you . . . Now . . . Who's on first?

Hugs

Isha

Sheila11
11-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Hi Sheila,

. . . Now . . . Who's on first?

Hugs

Isha

I don't know! I really don't know.