PDA

View Full Version : Whats your style?

samantha rogers
10-24-2014, 02:36 PM
So, I have thought about this a couple of times and wondered how others feel. Obviously, women dress in many styles, and for different occasions. But each of us, male and female, has a personal style...favourite looks, types of clothing, tastes, comfort levels and so on. Some men wear suits from Sears while others insist on designer names, or are content in a gimme cap, baggy jeans and oversized tshirt while others insist on tailored chinos, designer jeans etc,. In the same way, some women buy their clothing at Walmart while others shop only high end designers. Some are happy as clams dressed in basic stuff and others go for trendy or haute couture. And then there are the younger looks...biker, rocker, steam punk, hipster, grunge etc Some are perfectly content in looks not out of place in a small rural town while others need Fifth Ave.
For me, my style as a woman is pretty much just an outgrowth of the same types of things I went to before as male...casual rocker stuff for everyday (tight jeans, leather jackets), but more designer/NY when I clean up (at least thats the intent...lol...whether I pull it off or not...haha)
So, just for fun, what is your style, and is it different when dressed male than when dressed female? Are you trendy? Square? Conservative? High fashion? Prefer business wear, pencil skirts, heels and blazers or are you more flowery dresses and flats? Are you happy with JCP or do you demand Ralph Lauren. BCBG or Guess? Proper or something trashy. And is your style consistant? Do you even have a style? And for those where this applies...is it the same or different when you go from boy mode to girl mode?
There are no wrong answers...lol

TGMarla
10-24-2014, 02:40 PM
I do vintage dresses, for the most part. Mid-70s to about the mid-90s. Skirts, sweaters, and blouses to a lesser degree. I always wear hosiery, and I love tasteful jewelry as well. It' pretty simple, really.

Katey888
10-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Honestly, I don't think it's really that definitive for me, being a (still) largely closet dresser... definitely more on the casual side of things but I do have just one ball gown that is nagging for an outing sometime - hopefully before I'm too decrepit... ;)

So, realistically (and as evidenced by my only excursion) I'd want my casual look to be: Sophisticated Tramp :battingeyelashes:

And at the smart end of things I'd aim for: Intellectual Glam :lol:

Problem is... I suspect it's all likely to come out more as: Eighties Hasbeen :facepalm:

But hey! You only live once... :cool:

Katey x

samantha rogers
10-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Katey...how does your femme style compare to you boi mode? Similar tastes or different?

Jaylyn
10-24-2014, 02:59 PM
I guess really my mood determines what I like in my dressing. Sometimes I go full blown trashy some times it's stylish Sunday go to meeting dresses. I can be happy with garters, hose and heels. Some days I would prefer panty hose. Like I say it is kinda my mood that day. If I'm out at the farm working it's definitely not a dress time but have underdressed with Walmart brand panties and panty hose in cooler months. I have a few dresses from Ross, some bras from Lane Bryant, and panties from Walmart. Have a dress from Dillard's and a pair of heels I bought at the mall in a shoe store. Don't guess I am just one type of gal. I have no shame so wear anything I dang want to. Now makeup I'm only a Revlon gal.

kimdl93
10-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Probably something casual, but neat, along the lines of what you would have found at Coldwater Creek. I love sweaters with slacks or skirts.

gennee
10-24-2014, 03:08 PM
I like maxi skirts and dresses. I also wear sweaters, pullovers and heels. I have added scarves to my wardrobe.
Always wear earrings.

:)

Beverley Sims
10-24-2014, 03:13 PM
I can be trashy around home. at the moment it is boots and figure hugging jeans, something practical for the colder weather.
I do like short skirts and leggings with short boots in this weather.

Katey888
10-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Katey...how does your femme style compare to you boi mode? Similar tastes or different?

Sorry Sammie - missed that bit... pretty much the same actually... I can swing a good suit and tie when necessary, but every other time is as casual as can be... I once worked with a US ex-pat executive who had worked for Levi-Strauss before I knew him - this guy wore a decent jacket, shirt, tie AND LEVIS EVERYWHERE! Quite a character... :D That's the type of style I'd like to emulate...

So yeah - I'm still an Eighties Hasbeen in boy mode... but some styles never get old, even if they're bad to start with.. :lol:

Katey x

Annaliese
10-24-2014, 03:28 PM
For work, my male style is the same, light make up, tight jeans, cowgirl boots, My dressy style is dresses, skirts and tops from wal-mart, I do have few VS dresses and on VS skirt. Would have the high end, if I could afford it.

Amy Fakley
10-24-2014, 03:35 PM
what I'm going for: elegant, classy with a small side order of sexy
what I think I look like: hot librarian
what I actually look like (or so I've been told): pastor's wife

:D

and that's pretty much the style I tend toward in boy mode too, except I'm going for more "tech rock star" but I'm winding up more "high school geometry teacher", rofl.
not enough makeup in the world to keep the nerd from showing through apparently :-)

Alleyne66
10-24-2014, 04:03 PM
I like to go for the schoolgirl look when I CD. Short skirt, knee high or thigh high socks, and a tight top.
I only dress up liek that inthe comfort of my own home though :)

Adriana Moretti
10-24-2014, 05:39 PM
right now I am going thru my Art School Girl Dropout phase, which really isnt all that different from my guy mode either....

Cheryl T
10-24-2014, 05:48 PM
For me it's mostly casual to "business casual" and sometimes as a friend called it "Corporate Naughty"...LOL...I love that.
That doesn't mean that I don't Glam Up when the occasion presents itself.

heather ann martin
10-24-2014, 05:50 PM
I love 1950's big skirts, petticoats, nylons, heels and all the trappings. I want to look like a girl!

AnneC
10-24-2014, 06:08 PM
When I was working I was pretty buttoned-up with dark suits and white shirts. But I always tried to wear a bright colored tie or one with a great pattern. Anne loves to wear classic looks but also loves bright colored tops, sweaters or skirts. So I guess, we are really one in the same. What a surprise.

Dana does shopping
10-24-2014, 06:39 PM
ACCESORIES! A girl has to accessorize!

Karen kc
10-24-2014, 06:56 PM
I guess I dress age appropriatly or conservative , knee length,, luv my 3in heels! construction worker for the other side

Jenni Yumiko
10-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Vs/express/Venus clothing. Usually pick from mannequins

samantha rogers
10-24-2014, 07:38 PM
But that is kind of what I meant, Karen. Age appropriate probably means something different to my aunt in Springfield, Illinois (if I had one) than it would to a wealthy woman living in Scarsdale and something different again to a dance instructo in San Francisco. And how is your perception of this colored or similar to or different from the way you think about dressing as a guy?
I figure the way I now dress as a woman reflects a similar of sense of style to what I had before as a guy. In other words, before I started down this road, as the guy I used to be, I would have been attracted to a woman that dressed the way I now try to dress. But I know that isnt always the case for others.
I guess I am really asking two or three different questions here...lol

Julie Denier
10-24-2014, 07:46 PM
En femme, it's dresses, hose and heels, always. Not as concerned about labels as what looks good on me, and what I can get for cheap on eBay :D My guy self likes to be casual but I also really enjoy a smart suit, sharp tie and jaunty pocket square. If my office was formal, I would have no problem complying. And fedoras - I'm a real hat guy ;)

claire1d
10-24-2014, 07:58 PM
I would love to have Robin Wright's (House of Cards) wardrobe

Kris Avery
10-24-2014, 08:04 PM
I think my style is maturing. I still have a passion for satin:heehee:

BLUE ORCHID
10-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Hi Samantha, With three closets full I can be almost any style that I want.

Kristyn Hill
10-24-2014, 09:14 PM
^^^I would so love Robin Wright's wardrobe in House of Cards as well. I am a high fashion girl all the way through. I am BBW so I have been buying Lane Bryant dresses recently on ebay. My wife has numerous designer handbags that I can use and I have a ton of designer shoes. My motto has always been one can wear an inexpensive dress but with classy shoes and you are in it to win it. I have a few pair of Brian Atwood heels and will have some Louboutins soon. Oh, yeah. I just discovered INC from Macy's which is a nice line. I have a INC. LBD that I look super sexy in.

Christen
10-24-2014, 09:31 PM
I go tend to try and stick with classic but current looks. I like tailored, slightly structured clothes be it dresses, jackets or pants. And I have to say I've always been in love with the fashions of the late fifties and early sixties. So I love it that full skirts are in vogue. If you want to take a look at what I like go here; http://www.pinterest.com/cholloway1737/
and look at the My Wardrobe board.
In a way there are many similarities between me dressing as normal (guy) and me dressing as Christen. In guy mode I hate things that don't fit well, or are poorly cut but basically I dress smart casual. And I have a thing about shoes either way.

Christen x

Janine cd
10-24-2014, 10:01 PM
Definitely the classic look. I try to dress according to my age. Nothing flashy or revealing, only modest and conservative.

Mink
10-24-2014, 10:07 PM
my style is sissy

H I P S T E R even!

delightfully tacky (yet unrefined!)

noeleena
10-25-2014, 03:11 AM
Hi,

Edwardian 1900-14 a simple style with in that time quite plain as it suits my facial feature,s and bonnits or hats ,i,v yet to make my servant,s clothes , we can muster 28 people for our outings and do,s

Renaissance, 1400 - 1500 my style is changing a little as i make my garb, - clothes, more inkeeping with my background = German , and as a wench ,and chatelaine Lady of the Castle or a mistress i have a good number now and just made 3 more outfit,s and looking forward to our camp with 250 of us ,

im more at home in those clothes than any other and travel around and over sea,s dressed ,

as for your normal day night./ wear , womens of cause, im not fussed though they are nice and lovely ,

My next style is gypsy and ill have a look at what i can do there, ill get the fabric and start making my own, that will be skirts tops and lovely over tops head wear to suit as well,

For around the house and working just a jean type skirt most days and jumpers ,

...noeleena...

sometimes_miss
10-25-2014, 04:24 AM
Adolescent schoolgirl. Button down white shirts with plaid skirts & blazer, dress styles from the juniors dept, cheerleader uniform, white sneakers with pastel trim, forever 14.

joanna4
10-25-2014, 04:46 AM
I am all for sexy and feminine.

steftoday
10-25-2014, 07:36 AM
So, just for fun, what is your style, and is it different when dressed male than when dressed female? Are you trendy? Square? Conservative? High fashion? Prefer business wear, pencil skirts, heels and blazers or are you more flowery dresses and flats? Are you happy with JCP or do you demand Ralph Lauren. BCBG or Guess? Proper or something trashy. And is your style consistant? Do you even have a style? And for those where this applies...is it the same or different when you go from boy mode to girl mode?
There are no wrong answers...lol
Sophisticated and elegant is what I shoot for. I've been spending more of my budget on Ann Taylor, J Crew, etc. I find myself owning more and more pencil skirts, mid length skirts with various tops than dresses. My skirts range from floral prints, to animal prints, to geometrics to solids to tweeds and plaids.
However, I recently purchased a beautiful gown at Macy's from Adrianna Papell that I just had to have. I have no place to wear it yet, but it is the prettiest dress I have ever owned. It's heavily beaded and sequined, and it fit perfectly.
I own one pair of jeans, and one pair of flats, and I rarely wear them. I always wear heels and hosiery (usually suntan, or barely black), even in this day and age of bare legs. I find hosiery definitely enhances my legs the older I get.
I love jewelry, and I accessorize and match things up pretty well.

Tina B.
10-25-2014, 08:58 AM
Of course it depends on mood, but I go from leggings and a tee, to skirts with a blouse or lately I've been adding sweaters to the mix.
The skirts go from floral full skirts in pastels, to Pencil skirts in dark business type colors. Holidays, either a Velvet skirt or a sparkly dress will do just fine.
As a guy, it's sweatpants around the house, Causal pants and knit shirts for running around town, and of course any excuse I get I will put on a suit and tie.

PaulaQ
10-25-2014, 09:17 AM
I mostly dress like a soccer mom / frumpy librarian. Like a school teacher with sexy makeup, I guess. The drag queens down here all just kind of sigh when they see me.

Most of the girls on the forum here dress a lot sexier than I ever do. It's a little intimidating, sometimes!

CarlaWestin
10-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Had to think about this one for a while. My dressing adventures generally follow a theme. I'll get focused on a particular item, or portrayal and just build from there. Business suited female lawyer, housekeeper, housewife (June Cleaver), sissy maid, tart. I've even explored a butch dyke look. Or just casual public blend. But always with breasts. That seems to be the satisfaction point.

Melissa18
10-25-2014, 02:12 PM
Hi Samantha,
In male mode I'm dress very very casual, shorts and tshirt all year round, and Im a complete opposite when enfemme, love the wife of the manor look and also love to wear flowery summer frocks.

Adelaide

Alice Torn
10-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Sleeveless shift and sheath dresses knee length to mid calf. skirt suits, knee length, to midcalf skirts, and mock turtleneck sleeveless, short sleeve, and longsleeve tops, pantyhose, heels 2 1/2: to 6 ". Pearls, broaches, an earrings.

prettytoes
10-25-2014, 06:00 PM
My favorite has got to be workout apparel. I love tight fitted capris, yoga pants, running skorts, bright neon ankle socks, pink sneakers, and of course a sports bra!

Jackie F
10-25-2014, 07:22 PM
I like Dresses, And all thinks pink or frilly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grace7777
10-25-2014, 07:25 PM
Most of the time en feme my style would be a skirt, knit top and if not to hot outside, hose or tights. Shoes are mostly flats and at times wedges. There are also times that I like to get dressed up and that would be a nice dress with heels. The length of my skirts and dresses tend to be knee length, and most of the time not much above the knee, and if anything below the knee. I also like to wear long skirts, but am not into mini skirts. At times I also like to dress up by wearing a skirt suit.

I like to find good brands but also try to economize. Some of my favorite stores are Burlington Coat Factory, Marshall's and Ross's. Have been able to find some great pieces of clothing at these stores. In the past I would by shoes at Payless, but not recently. Payless is still a place I go to, but recently have not found much. I love DSW and recently found a great pair of flats. Also, I have bought shoes at Wal Mart, but nothing recently. Probably will get some tennis shoes soon there. Target and JC Penny's are also stores I shop at. Dress Barn is another store that I have started to go to and a few months ago I found a great dress there.

The wigs that I tend to wear tend to be about shoulder length. Being not blessed with a full head of hair, I find that I need a wig. I have looked at doing a hair transplant and hope to do it someday. If the transplant would be successful then I might not have to use a wig.

My clothes tend to be mostly solids with the colors being mostly blue and some black with a few green items.

I am starting to get into necklaces and have a few with my favorite being a pearl necklace. I have not worn earrings, which I may do someday.

In male mode it is mostly polo shirts and slacks, with blue being predominant and the rest being black. Also, my male clothes are solids. In the last year I have gotten away from jeans. I hate to wear ties, and right now do not have a suit. I may wear a tie a few times a year. In male mode I do wear female slacks a lot, with the percentage of time I am in female slacks increase as I acquire more of these items.

I am moving in the direction that when I am out of work and out in public I will be in female mode. Having worn pants all my life I have resisted wearing them when en femme, but as I spend more time en femme I will probably start to wear slacks some of the time, but I definitely prefer skirts over slacks.

When at home I am almost always wearing a night gown, and when I get home from work it is off with the drab clothes and into a night gown.

BlackRoseImmortal
10-25-2014, 07:28 PM
I personally love dresses and skirts the most, and i'm looking for a corset. In male mode, I dress in whatever is comfortable. and black.

Zoe B
10-25-2014, 07:29 PM
I seem to go for the classic style with a twist (splash of colour).

Nadia Pinky
10-25-2014, 08:54 PM
my style is nighty girlish and casual and sexy look with dressing

Amanda L.
10-25-2014, 10:13 PM
I like anything that feels feminine. Sheer fabrics, nylon and lace. I don't think I have a particular theme in mind, it depends on how I feel. I always try to be elegant and coordinated in a chic sort of way. I love the styles that Christen has Pinned for us to see (Thanks Chris some off those dresses made me swoon)
I love elegant gowns and everything has to be worn with stockings and heels. No bare legs or flats for this girl.
Luv
Amanda

Jenniferathome
10-25-2014, 10:47 PM
...So, just for fun, what is your style, and is it different when dressed male than when dressed female? ...

My style between girl and boy modes is different. I am more casual in boy mode BUT, I have been trying lately to be a little better. In girl mode, I hope it is casual class. I don;t go for anything that is purely trendy and frankly I use my wife as my guide. No Walmart for either of us. I prefer classic looks but try to keep up with style.

Diane Smith
10-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Trendy but middle aged gallery owner. Pencil skirts just above the knee, a lot of black and white, but sometimes with red shoes or a belt. Always stockings, high heels and long nails. Shortish hair, obviously colored. Gold jewelry. Plenty of tattoos and piercings.

- Diane

Maria Blackwood
10-26-2014, 02:40 AM
My CD style?

Impressionism! Hey-yo!

(rimshot)

I tried to get into makeup, but wound up with Abstract Expressionism. Oh no!

(rimshot)

Some days it all just feels Surreal. Say whaaaat?

(rimshot)

Thank you! I'll be here all week!

Seriously, I tried quite a bit before deciding makep up wasn't part of my CD world. It was "Makeup by Jackson Pollock" time.

prene
10-26-2014, 03:12 AM
I think it depends on my mood and what I am going out for.

Mostly I am a sporty - jeans, tshirt and boots girl for every day.

To a nice movie or something with my gang - classy and sexy but not over the top, maybe a nice skirt but not too short and a nice fitted top with a sweater cover to cover up if I am too cury and do not want to show off.

I use to go out with very tight/short skirts but not out in public now.
Also, very tight sexy tops, with bigger breast ... but I am over that.

CostaRicaRachel
10-26-2014, 07:24 AM
I don't own too many clothes, but, if anyone saw me, the first word that would
come up (other than guy in a dress) is sensible. Sensible shoes (I have not mastered
high heels yet), dresses and skirts of a sensible length, blouses/t-shirts not too reavealing.
Even my panties are sensible, I almost always wear padded boy short panties, they keep
the boys tucked away and give me needed help in the rear end department.
(Is this TMI ;) )

Call me Miss sensible.

Ally 2112
10-26-2014, 08:02 PM
For the longest time it was miniskirts that was all i would accept .Now finaly i have been able to move on to different looks .Lately it is petticoats and flared dresses or fitting just above the knee skirts with a respectable top .I also have a week spot for the business office skirt suit

Savannah_Skye
10-27-2014, 10:26 AM
I prefer the flowery dresses about knee-length while rocking the pencil skirts and blouses if I am working from home, so I guess a variety of styles. I usually hit the JCP clearance racks or goodwills as I do not want to pay designer prices. And of of course usually accessorize with a perfect pair of heels and dangling earrings!! My guy wardrobe if definitely more meant to blend in, but when I shop, it's not typically for the guy side.

cotton panty man
10-27-2014, 11:44 AM
like my mini tight skirts, & like wearing short school skirts 2.from Jean skirts , 2 school flare., dressing up in mini skirt suits. Short summer dresses r so comfy. I wear only thongs, but I like 2 wear lacey, nylon, & cotton. No pantyhose. Thigh highs in the winter, & knee highs in the summer love 2 show my shaved, legs. :-)

ashley_addams76
10-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Business suits/skirts,sheath dresses, pantyhose, blouses, high heels.

NicoleScott
10-27-2014, 01:24 PM
That's good, Maria (post #47). How about this:
"I made up and dressed as a woman for a Halloween party, but everyone thought I went as a Picasso painting."

Speaking of Halloween, my wife said:
"Lets go as a horse. I'll be the head, and you just be yourself."

To answer the question, my style (although I've never been accused of having style) is everything over-the-top.

Marcelle
10-28-2014, 08:43 AM
Hi Sammie,

Style . . . hmm :thinking: . . . considering I spend a large proportion of my time in combat fatigues . . . I don't really have a style :heehee: . . . just kidding.

Isha tends to mirror my boy sense of style. Normally "en boy" I am jeans and t-shirt (read comfort) kind of guy. My jeans tend to be low riser (hate that high waist band) and my t-shirt choice is bland. However, if I am going out on a "date night" with my wife, I tend to dress more "metro" as I find this affords me the ability to dress things up with a more youthful flare without looking like a old codger trying to regain some long lost "hipster" status. So there are plenty of trendy fashions for guys at my age which I prefer when out formally. However informal is still the jeans and t-shirt me.

Now Isha enjoys here comfort as much as "boy me". So normally jeans (again low risers), a trendy top, jean jacket and naturally trendy boots. I don't wear skinny jeans as a guy but I do as a girl. When I do dress up "en femme" again I revert to "trendy" fashion for someone my age. I am not going to try to rock a micro mini and crop top but I am not going to dress like my grandmother either. So I keep it trendy with nice accessories, dresses with a flattering fit and style, dress pants and so on. Again there are plenty of trendy fashions for more mature gals out there. :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

Princess Ludwyna
10-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Gothic romantic. Long ruffles skirt, black velvet corset, satin top. Fingerless lace gloves, high heel laced calf boots with stilletos. Black most of the time when I CD.

Stephanie47
10-29-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm a child of the 1950's and 1960's. I was influenced by the women around me during those decades, and, probably what I watched on television. For me, it is dresses, slips, hosiery and heels. I cook, bake, vaacuum, laundry, ironing, all domestic chores while en femme. I do not own any women's pants, shorts, jeans, etc. If I want to wear some sort of attire resembling pants, I'll wear my guy jeans and shorts.

BarbDriscoll
10-29-2014, 03:14 PM
This past summer was very casual. Skirts that are probably too short for my age, but not s----y, tank tops, skorts. My style tends toward the casual. Sometimes pants, but skirts are preferred. Dresses for me are hard to get a good fit. I have much better luck with separates.

Jammee
10-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Have not discovered that yet, still in search, but certainly enjoy looking