PDA

View Full Version : Bible Belt

sabrinaedwards
10-26-2014, 08:16 PM
I live in the "Bible Belt" and attend church regularly. Typically the ladies that attend church dress very femininely. Today the lady in the pew in front of me had on a very stylish dress. It was red/white patterned and scooped in the back with a big bow. Her shoes were white calf skin. I wanted to tap her on the shoulder and ask her where she purchased that lovely item. As she was a litle tall, I think the outfit would have fit me. Of course I would have worn black patent sling back heels with this lovely dress!
Love, Sabrina

Leahann
10-26-2014, 08:22 PM
I would have asked her "May I ask where you found that dress? It looks fantastic on you and I have a friend in Savannah that would love it!" Might have worked.

heatherdress
10-26-2014, 10:16 PM
You don't ask people that you don't know where they buy their clothes without appearing unusual and perhaps invasive.

Natasha V
10-26-2014, 10:27 PM
You can also say "that's a very nice outfit you have on, my wife would kill for one like that! Lol

Janine cd
10-26-2014, 10:40 PM
I had a similar experience last January. I was in church and a lady in the pew in front of me had the most beautiful black patent leather pumps with gold toes that I couldn't keep my eyes off . I wish that I could have had the courage to ask her where she got them.

Krisi
10-27-2014, 06:22 AM
Shouldn't you have been listening to the "word of God" and not examining other people's clothes? (I'm just messing with you).

Leahann
10-27-2014, 06:59 AM
Heather, that is why you should compliment them first. It makes it much easier to get them to talk about themselves if you stroke their ego. Using the words "may i ask" also puts them at ease. I've been using those little nuances for years and they usually work.

Savannah_Skye
10-27-2014, 09:51 AM
First, I think we would have to see the dress to assess if the change in shoes is right...just kidding! I had a co-worker who once wore one of those cute professional dresses, very feminine, and I kind of used the approaches below by complimenting her and the outfit and telling her it was for a "friend." Of course, I did know her pretty well so it was a little easier for me to ask. It it was someone I didn't really know I probably would not have asked.

By the way, so glad I'm not the only one distracted by noticing clothes at church!:)

Carla4Guage
10-27-2014, 04:08 PM
I think the comment and "if I could ask where" approach would work well. I used to have a co worker that I was constantly asking; "Do you think they would have it in my size?" But, then again she was my confident and knew of my dressing and helped me pick out things.

Beverley Sims
10-30-2014, 01:47 AM
I have felt like that on occasions, but not down south where you are.
I have had the reverse recently, people admiring my boots, and I have been in drab! :)

Donna St. Marten
10-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Isn't there anyting in the Bible about not wearing white shoes after Labor Day?

BLUE ORCHID
10-30-2014, 08:14 PM
Hi Sabrina, So few women dress nicely for church anymore.

AngelaYVR
10-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Poo. I was waiting to read that she turned around and turned out to be a CD :bitchslap: