PDA

View Full Version : Amateurs v. Pro's

Dana does shopping
10-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Winding my way throughout the internet looking for inspiration for what I (we) do/are, I often come across what for me is a question-mark. Sites, pages, pictures or PINNERS that detail Amateur ____________ (fill in the blank) y'know, we have all seen these descriptions ... trannies, cross dressers, strippers, couples, etc., etc.

My question, or rather assertion, is, if these are all amateurs, where do the professionals ply their trade, and what are they being paid to do so? What would a 'professional' cross-dresser be worth on the open market. Is it like sports, do they conduct a draft selection annually? Can they be loaned out from their National/club teams? Are there pension benefits available, are activities collectively bargained. Is their a seniors tour?

No one 'out there' seems to be filling in these blanks ...

Erica Marie
10-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Oh trust me there is a market for everything. I am sure there are professionals that do Vegas shows, tgs that are professional models, and well some not so mentionable professions.

Eryn
10-28-2014, 06:21 PM
Just google "drag show" and you'll see how one can get paid for dressing.

Alas, there is no Senior Tour. Those golfers are smart cookies. Skills declining? Join the senior tour and make money anyway!

Katey888
10-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Where are the professionals...?

I think Thailand, largely... :facepalm:

Can't say what they do or what they get paid - breaks forum rules... ;)

Isn't the use of amateur or professional somewhat pejorative in this context...? Would you be likely to find a site that sports 'Professional Lesbians' or 'Amateur Transexuals'...? :eek:

And if we have to provide a pension fund for cd.com I have a suspicion it will be a tad underfunded and scarily oversubscribed... :lol:

Perhaps this is one extra set of labels we can ALL agree should be consigned to the shredder... :cheer:

Stay off those sites Dana, it does your eyesight no good whatsoever!

Katey x

Persephone
10-28-2014, 07:08 PM
I've never worried about "amatuer" nor "professional" CDs although I guess perhaps I should.

But I have always worried about those clothing labels that read "Professional Dry Clean Only." Is dry cleaning really a big hobby engaged in by thousands of "amateur" dry cleaners? Do they have get togethers like DryCleanerCon?

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kate Simmons
10-28-2014, 09:19 PM
If I could get paid to do this, that's what I would be doing. :heehee::)

sometimes_miss
10-28-2014, 09:23 PM
But I have always worried about those clothing labels that read "Professional Dry Clean Only." Is dry cleaning really a big hobby engaged in by thousands of "amateur" dry cleaners?
We used to be able to buy dry cleaning fluid over the counter. I don't remember the brand names, but Carbona rings a bell with that. I think it was perchloroethylene based. Came in a glass bottle, mom used to use it to get stains out before putting stuff in the laundry. I don't think it's available anymore.

flatlander_48
10-28-2014, 09:37 PM
L:

The one I remember is Energine...

I've never worried about "amatuer" nor "professional" CDs although I guess perhaps I should.

But I have always worried about those clothing labels that read "Professional Dry Clean Only." Is dry cleaning really a big hobby engaged in by thousands of "amateur" dry cleaners? Do they have get togethers like DryCleanerCon?

Hugs,
Persephone.

You know, there's GOT to be a musical buried in there somewhere!!

The Sun Will Come Out, At Dry Cleaner Con,
Bet Your Bottom Panty Hose...

Well, maybe not...

docrobbysherry
10-29-2014, 12:07 AM
------------------------------------
Alas, there is no Senior Tour. Those golfers are smart cookies. Skills declining? Join the senior tour and make money anyway!
Too bad, too. This senior mite just join a Senior CD Circus!

Candice Mae
10-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Most of the pictures on those sites that are said to be of CDs are actually TSs that transitioned before 25 or are really life GGs. Most of those sites are just there to promote the fantasy world that some CDs live in.

I'm not saying that there are not any real CDs on those sights beside the really obvious one in ten that are there to make the illusion more believable. It's just a very low percentage...

I don't plan on going pro, like all the other TSs I just want to live my life as who I am.

cassandra54
10-29-2014, 12:20 AM
In order to become a professional CD, you need to have a bra license first. The test is very difficult and very few pass it.

Vickie_CDTV
10-29-2014, 02:30 AM
In terms of being highly skilled at dressing and getting paid for it, the FIs and pro DQs would probably qualify as professionals. Everyone else does it for free, well, mostly I suppose.

and, in fact, there are dry cleaning conventions.
http://www.cleanshow.com/cleanshow2015/public/enter.aspx
http://fabricareshow.com/

Somehow, I doubt they are quite as exciting as trans conventions. Can't imagine people getting getting dolled up in their dry clean only clothes, spending all night in a bar talking about the new exciting detergents they tried out and clothing the bar at the end of the night.

In the olden days, people would, and I kid you not, clean dry clean only clothing at home with gasoline... no joke! Talk about a dress that is hot...

charlenesomeone
10-29-2014, 04:24 AM
Would professional cross dressing be a team or solo sport? Regional or worldwide?
The Super Bowl of CD I. The Ryder Cup CD Championship. Points awarded for style? passing( not the ball)
Home Run after being outed.

Teresa
10-29-2014, 04:47 AM
Dana,
Maybe they use the amateur term to suggest any one can do it ! Possibly trying to draw in new talent so they can exploit them and pay them nothing apart from the kudos of being splashed all over the internet ! Some of them are proffessional CDers or TSes running these sites !

kimdl93
10-29-2014, 06:43 PM
Seriously, there is probably a drag show once a week in every city of 100,000 plus, including several in supposedly conservative east Texas. And thse shows all feature professionals. Generally, a bit over the top in presentation for my taste. Some are stunning, some are gaudy. Now, that being said, there is a huge difference between the pros who can layer on makeup and take advantage of lighting and distance, and us amateurs who strive to fit in in broad daylight and as little makeup as possible.

Beverley Sims
10-29-2014, 07:27 PM
:)In order to give dry cleaners an edge I think the authorities have decreed you must not do this at home.
How else does the guvmint make money except by regulation.....
Ban all the dry cleaning chemicals they could be harmful.. :)

To answer the question, the professionals are out there scratching each others eyes out and the amateurs are out there enjoying themselves.