PDA

View Full Version : At day's end....

Jennifer-GWN
10-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Is it just me or it completely gross removing the days makeup. It all goes on so well and looks so good but at the end of the day.... SCARY MESS and a scary sight.

Just thought I'd make that comment.

Cheers all.... Jennifer

MelanieAnne
10-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Ummm, I noticed that. Looks good for a while, but not so good after a few hours.

Michaelasfun
10-28-2014, 08:57 PM
Yea, it gets to that point where you either "redo" or "remove" :P

sometimes_miss
10-28-2014, 09:11 PM
It all goes on so well and looks so good but at the end of the day.... SCARY MESS and a scary sight.

Well, you wanted the 'real girl' experience, right? That's one of them. Work so hard to look good, and then clean up the mess at night. Rinse, lather, repeat every single day.....just one female experience that I could just as easily do without....and get an extra hour of sleep.

Kate Simmons
10-28-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm only good for about 8-10 hours before the stubble starts coming through. So, it needs to be done if I want to continue.:battingeyelashes::)

MelanieAnne
10-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Why does makeup look so good when you first put it on, and a few hours later, it seems every line and wrinkle has widened and opened up? :eek:

Jennifer-GWN
10-28-2014, 09:55 PM
Just another day in girlie paradise.

Ally 2112
10-31-2014, 03:48 PM
It has taking me some time to learn how to remove my makeup in a gentle way. For some reason i used rub my face raw especially trying to get the eyeliner and mascara off .These days i am much easier on my face .

reb.femme
10-31-2014, 03:58 PM
The only way around this problem is to be blessed with little or light beard growth and skin like a cherub. I look like Fred Flintstone even after shaving so my face suffers when shaving and cleaning off my makeup. Oh well, looking on the positive side, you get to look good twice in a day if you redo the makeup.

Rebecca

Nikki A.
10-31-2014, 04:50 PM
I think that I still don't look too bad at the end of the day. A benefit of getting older is that the beard gets lighter and grayer so it doesn't show through if I did a good job shaving.
I also learned from experience that using a little concealer to cover the trouble spots and a very thin layer (or two) of foundation keeps the cracks from forming. Just like spackle two thin coats are better that a thick coat.

suchacutie
10-31-2014, 05:25 PM
Day's end is the easy part...Tina takes a shower!

It's the middle of the day that's the issue. If I'm awake in the early a.m., I can't make it to 11pm without clearing off the makeup in mid afternoon for a shave. I guess I could take a shower at that point but it just seems easier to go the makeup removal route, shave, and then put it all back on. Outside of the make-up remover needed for around my eyes, the rest comes off with a soapy washcloth, so it's really no big deal on my end. Then shave cream, and then back to toner, primer, eyes, foundation, eyebrows, power, blush, bronzer, wig, lip gloss, and we're good to go!

Claire Cook
10-31-2014, 05:38 PM
Just another thing to add to our "now we know what GG's go through" list.

jeank
10-31-2014, 06:32 PM
The difference in "I'm going to bed now".

In drab, 10 mins - en femme, 30 mins.

So maybe there's an upside to it not being every day.

Beverley Sims
11-02-2014, 04:45 AM
All women look like Halloween characters each night before bed.

That is why we cross dress, isn't it? :)

Marcelle
11-02-2014, 06:50 AM
With the laser beard reduction, I find I reach critical fail at about hour 13 (tested in my cross Canada milk run flight from Ottawa to Victoria and points in between). The laser treatments have subdued most of the Grizzly Adams beard growth but the stubble still comes through by hour 13. I tend to use concealer first and two light layers of foundation so cracks tend not to be an issue but I still have to powder during the day as my skin is naturally oily and the foundation can get very shiny. I told my wife about this and she said the "fade and slide" of make-up is just part of the experience . . . so enjoy :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

EllenJo
11-02-2014, 07:13 AM
I also learned from experience that using a little concealer to cover the trouble spots and a very thin layer (or two) of foundation keeps the cracks from forming. Just like spackle two thin coats are better that a thick coat.

Nikki, I am glad that I am not the only one that uses spackle to cover this old face and of course you have to sand between coats and have to be careful with the putty knife around the eyes:)
Hugs
Ellen Jo