PDA

View Full Version : Would you........

CarlaWestin
10-28-2014, 09:16 PM
..... tell your wife about this site. And, show her your online identity and let her read all of your postings here?

My wife and I went out and had a wonderful dinner after an unusually stress filled day for both of us. It was fueled by generous indulgences of alcoholic beverages but, not enough to impair driving or anything. Our discussions lead to the known fact that her widowed former husband was bi-sexual and she had to get her head around that. Also, she was very accepting of her coveted gay friends, many being very long term. She mentioned her stress of coping with a transgender husband. Whoa! Her words! And that's music in a DADT environment. She even mentioned that she noticed the picture of me in my maid's dress on my desk. See profile picture. I mentioned that I would clean house all weekend if I could dress up as that sexey maid in the picture. Response, NFW! I very lovingly responded that I just love her dearly and I just had this other beautiful world where I explore and experience the femininity that I saw my sisters embrace. I told her that I am very confidently ensconced in my male existence and the gbending was my other fabulous universe.

So, I'm on the verge of just lovingly inviting her into my gentle beautiful world of being Carla.

Would you show it all to your wife?

Hey Honey. This crossdressing thing? It's just more of the beautiful me!

Donnagirl
10-28-2014, 09:23 PM
Already have... And in my case it was a valuable learning tool for her... She has her own login and friends in the FAB section.

Zoe B
10-28-2014, 09:26 PM
My wife knows about the site and my online identity, she has looked at various things with me here and likes to make observations. She does not feel the need to join and I respect that decision.

Jenniferathome
10-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Did it already. She has posted occasionally. The meat of what you wrote doesn't apply to me, but there is one me and she knows it ALL.

Nadine Spirit
10-28-2014, 09:57 PM
My wife knows all, and always has. She is on this site occasionally.

swansong
10-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Thats funny, I literally just got done telling my wife about this site and offered her to join as well. She declined, but at least i offered.

Cara Lacey
10-28-2014, 10:06 PM
My wife has read some things here, but feels no need to join. She is pretty comfortable with me, and has been since day one.

suchacutie
10-28-2014, 10:07 PM
My wife knows about this site and we often discuss threads posted here. I don't think she visits often but she certainly could.

AletaHawk
10-28-2014, 10:48 PM
I've thought about it, as she has a hard time understanding CD-related things and I'm not very good at explaining them because I barely understand them myself. But I'm worried she'd be overwhelmed and have a negative reaction.

Paula_Femme
10-28-2014, 10:57 PM
My girlfriend and I met online, and I told her about my crossdressing in my first email to her; I actually joined this site because I was looking for an information resource for her, and recommended she join the FAB Forum specifically.

Well, my girlfriend joined the site but didn't bother with FAB, she said what she'd read on the main forums, coupled with the extensive conversations we'd had from the beginning, told her everything she needed to know about the Wonderful World of CD! :heehee:

Given that she's a member she could read all of my posts if she wanted to, and I don't have a problem with that!

DebbieL
10-28-2014, 11:16 PM
My wife knows about this site, she also knows about Debbie's facebook account. She did long before I started transition.
Of course, she knew I was transgendered before we had our first phone call. We met on Match.com, she sent me a message "Dude, you're wearing a dress, what's that about". I sent back a reply explaining that I was transgendered, had considered transition in the early 1990s, but at that point felt like I was too old and fat to be the girl of my dreams.
After a stroke and a heart attack, I realized that I needed Debbie's help to get back to being healthy again. Ironically, that turned out to be literally true. When I started spiro, my heart doctor told me I could switch to more spiro and quit my heart and blood pressure pills. He usually didn't give it to men because they hated the side effects, but it was actually perfect for me since that wasn't an issue. My health has been amazingly good since then.

Of course, the down side is that she busts my chops for things Debbie posts on facebook and she scolds me for posting here to much.
On the other hand, she knows it's good for me to be able to share here, to ask and answer questions, to be able to help others and be inspired by others.

Amy R Lynn
10-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Honestly, I would invite her to join if she is interested in learning more about all of this. It sounds like she is accepting of Carla. I'm not sure to what degree though. It sounds like she still has some questions, or things to 'cope' with. This is a great place to learn about it all.

I was lucky enough to find a Girl that not only accepts Amy, but loves everything about me. I have invited her to join this site as well, but she says that she knows everything she needs to know about me. I would say, if she wants to know more, join.

MissTee
10-28-2014, 11:43 PM
My wife knows about my posts. Reads a few on great occasion. As for regular posting on this site, she finds it boring. Says it's like joining an "I eat with a fork" forum, and then posting about all the times you ate with a fork. Big deal.

AngelaYVR
10-29-2014, 12:11 AM
Says it's like joining an "I eat with a fork" forum, and then posting about all the times you ate with a fork.

This made me laugh. I find there is a bit too much navel gazing going on for my wife to find too much of interest. At the moment she just tries to deal with the fact that I dress and what that means. She is nowhere ready to be confronted with the minutiae of cross dressing, transgender, etc. I think it would just make her wonder about me even more.

Angela xx

Dorit
10-29-2014, 01:19 AM
My wife and I share everything, including clothes, make up, jewelry, and this computer! I share my posts with her and she helps edit them, and sees the replies.

LelaK
10-29-2014, 01:30 AM
Devorah, interesting.

Melanie B
10-29-2014, 02:42 AM
My SO knows about crossdressers.com, and has read a few posts that I have pointed out to her. She knows I'd be happy for her to join, but AFAIK she hasn't done so.

PaulaQ
10-29-2014, 02:46 AM
I offered this site to my ex-wife, after first coming out as trans to her last year. She had no interest in joining. In her opinion, and I quote: "those people are a bunch of freaks."

Acceptance really just wasn't in the cards in my marriage.

Sandra
10-29-2014, 03:11 AM
Coming from a wife :)

One thing I would say before any wife/partner looks at this site, is that what they read on here may not be true to how you feel and not everyone is the same.

charlenesomeone
10-29-2014, 04:15 AM
Mine has zero interest in reading as of now. It seems sometimes attitudes change, so a girl can hope!

Marcelle
10-29-2014, 04:25 AM
Hi Carla,

I have told my wife about this site and she has read most of my posts (kind of a sober second thought before I post) and read over my shoulder on a few others. She is not a forum person so she has declined to join.

Hugs

Isha

Gina Glowe
10-29-2014, 04:56 AM
If I knew that I had an understanding wife, then by all means I would invite her, and share this other half of me. Unfortunately the whole world is not, and never will be ready. I feel like a complete loner among so many girls whose wives know this and that and post and edit, and help with the makeup- wow, how nice it would be - but no my wife is completely out of this picture.

Kate Simmons
10-29-2014, 05:23 AM
I've pretty much shown it all to my GF and she's good with it. Hey you are more than welcome any time to come to my place and clean in your maid outfit Carla. :battingeyelashes::)

Rogina B
10-29-2014, 06:02 AM
All fun and games till you decide to show someone this forum on the day "the soiled panty discussion" is on the hotseat! lol

Krisi
10-29-2014, 06:05 AM
I have not told my wife about this forum. There are posts here (by others) tht I would not want her to read.

Katey888
10-29-2014, 06:15 AM
Conceptually, I'd have no problem sharing what I say on here with my wife... :)

Practically, no. They are rescreening 'Secrets of the Living Dolls' over here at the moment - features our very own Sherry amongst others... My wife was watching it when I walked into the bedroom night before last - I almost let out "Oh - that's Sherry..." :eek: that would have been a giveaway.. instead the conversation went like this:

Me: What's this...?
Her: A documentary about men who dress up as women in rubber suits complete with... women's bits...!
Me: Wow! Interesting...?
Her: Hmph. They're all nutters....!

Hello closet... :)

Katey x

BLUE ORCHID
10-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Hi Carla, My wonderful wife of 50+ years has known about my other side ,
but it's a DA/DT kind of thinggie she tolerates it but just don't want to see me while I'm dressed.
I have mentioned things about this forum but it'd DA/DT !

kimdl93
10-29-2014, 07:11 AM
I have. She hasn't joined....to my knowledge ;) it seems that this site has proven helpful for many SOs.

Giselle(Oshawa)
10-29-2014, 07:36 AM
my wife joined this site when I came out to her, I am sure she was searching for incriminating posts?
since she found none she has hovered between tolerant and supportive of my crossdressing.
she only drops in once every 2 or 3 months now

Eringirl
10-29-2014, 07:56 AM
My wife has no interest. She thinks it is an enabler to my behaviour. Also, doesn't get the big deal about posting pics of new outfits, shoes, etc. Another vote for "eating with a fork". She doesn't get it, and really doesn't want to....And so it goes....

Sarah Beth
10-29-2014, 08:05 AM
I told my wife about this site. She had no interest in joining or reading any of it.

Henriette7
10-29-2014, 08:13 AM
Hi Carla

Did it already. I hope it can lighten my wife's look on the CD thing :-)

Hugs
Henriette

Tina B.
10-29-2014, 10:24 AM
my wife knows all about me and my little hobby, and all about crossdressers.com, but not being a cross dresser herself has no interest in joining this site. I do mention a thread from time to time, but beyond that she has no interest.
As far as understanding what I do, she always was a head of me at that. She accepted me as I am, way before I could and has never been bothered by it.

Melissa_59
10-29-2014, 12:21 PM
My wife is a member on this site, and knows my posting handle - and everything about my dressing.

~Melissa

Beverley Sims
10-29-2014, 12:41 PM
I would show it all, there are a couple of darker secrets there but not too dark to share.

Bria
10-29-2014, 01:59 PM
I told my wife about this forum and showed it to her, but she isn't interested. We talk about some of the threads. Initially she was OK with it, but now wants me to quit and thinks I spend way too much time on this forum.

I don't know where it's all going but it'll sure be a ride!

Hugs, Bria

torontopantyhose
10-29-2014, 03:23 PM
I suppose I would if I felt I needed to. My gf always points out CD/TV/TS things to me.

One day she stumbled onto my (Kelli's) Facebook page. Her only comment was that I have better outfits than the ones I've put into my photo albums and I should add more.

CynthiaD
10-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Been there, done that, she's not interested. Oh well.

Jammee
10-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Mines been very supportive, enjoy having someone to shop with

Jocelyn Quivers
10-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Wife already knows, is often in the same room as me while I'm posting. She also really has no interest on my postings, or threads I'm reading. She's off doing her thing on Face Book. Hopefully not commenting or giving updates about her trans husband.:eek:

SamanthaSometimes
10-29-2014, 07:20 PM
Hi Carla! I hope you are doing well and thanks for sharing some of your recent personal story. In fact, I sent an email to my wife a couple of months ago giving her the URL to crossdressers.com, told her I was a member, encouraged her to join the FAB forum, and even gave her instructions with reassurance (as given on this website) that FAB membership is phone verified to ensure FAB membership only. I did it as a leap of faith because I really don't know what is discussed in FAB, or the general demeanor of posters there, but I do know the MtF forum site is an bastion of CD knowledge and experience - less the 'fork' stories. I postulated education and personal testimony may help her, at least, better cope with my CDing or even promote some movement toward acceptance. She told me she did read some of the threads but I got the impression she didn't read very much based on her overall CD knowledge in a recent conversation and was turned off by the experience. She did say she didn't join the FAB because "anybody can become a member" but I think she confused overall site membership with FAB membership. I could not convince her otherwise and she accused me of just lying about it. "Can lead a horse to water but..." I really wanted her to join FAB but I don't think it will happen. She really isn't motivated to hear or read opinions that differ with her's. And yes, I would be fine with my wife reading any of my posts but that's why I don't post a real picture of me (even though I'm a real 'looker', LOL) because I don't think she would react well to seeing Samantha. Instead, my avatar is symbolic about how I feel rather than how I look. But to your situation; sounds like you guys should do some more drinking if that is the stimulus (inhabitation ?) to discuss your CD world since it sounded like she initiated the conversation. I hope this parlays into something good for you. Inquiring minds want to know.

bobbimo
10-30-2014, 08:56 AM
My wife and I are here, but you must be very careful what you say!
YOU THE SPEAKER AND THE OP KNOW THE SUBJECT MATTER, BUT A WIFE MAY READ SOMETHING VERY DIFFERENT.
its very easy for her to follow all your conversations, and in a DADT situation it may do more harm than good.
Clean up your stuff if you plan on inviting her to share our world
Bobbi

Jammee
10-30-2014, 02:46 PM
My wife asked if she could read what I post, at this point I said no, but she could join if she wanted. At this time kind of a want o be mine. I know its selfish, but sometimes feel like I or we as people need our own little spot.

Taylor186
10-30-2014, 03:35 PM
My wife knows I dress--I'm dressed right now and she is only 10 feet away--but I would not recommend this site to her or any partner/spouse/so new to crossdressing. There are a few people here who I would love her to converse with, but for the most part many of the posts here are too much opinion and too little fact, for my tastes. I have no problem here because I have spent 1000s of hours on forums like this so I can, mostly, separate fact from fiction. But a non cd newbie? No way.

I wouldn't mind her reading my posts here. I try to post as if she might sometime want to read them.

Ivie
10-30-2014, 05:39 PM
I think it would be good, it certainly seems to provide as much support for SOs and partners as for CDs (I still see CD as coefficient of drag, hey I suppose it still is... in a way. The factor of lift we feel from drag! I know it's a coefficient but I feel compelled to invent units for it. Heels/fortnight? Glamour-seconds-squared?)
I certainly wouldn't worry about her reading my posts, if I was out to her then there's nothing I wouldn't want her to know, though we are a very very broad group (as we should be, unite and be fabulous) and I would be a little worried about her taking us all (including people headed in very different directions to me) as one.
I think I will recommend it though when (when, when, when, not if) I come out; but also with directions towards the FAB section and the longstanding GG contributors.
Best
Ivie
36 glam-sec/kg (yes it does have to be metric)

Vanessa5
10-30-2014, 07:33 PM
Although I would love it if my wife were to come here and learn more, I am not ready for full disclosure. We live in a DADT and it is all she can stand.

~Joanne~
10-30-2014, 10:56 PM
My SO fully knows I am a member of this site. She has no interest to join though as she feels if she needs to know anything she will just ask me, which to be honest, is how I prefer it. Let's face it, we all have different wants and needs from this and a lot of us are on a path to transition. It wouldn't benefit her, or Me, for her to read all of these different things and panic thinking I am heading down whatever path anyone here chooses for themselves.

She does like to sometime look over My shoulder though while I am looking at the picture gallery ;) If she wants to read anything that I personally post, she is more than welcome to ay anytime unless it's in our private section, though I rarely post there to begin with.

Della
10-30-2014, 11:12 PM
I must walk lightly, because . . . the result is a big, big, stick. The loss of my wife and family who mean so much to me is a fear. It's a simple lessen--tread lightly on the ice...it may hold, it may break. Now, I will not bring her to this site.