PDA

View Full Version : Just been shopping for my first pair of boots.

KellyT
01-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Having only come out to my wife recently I've never bought myself any footwear before. I've never had anywhere to hide the stuff and was always terrified she'd find it. Anyway I decided I was gonna buy myself some calf length, fur trimmed brown boots today. I felt very nervous, but was over the moon when I found a pair immediately. (Dunno if you get it in the US, but in the UK, Brantano have a largeish selection of size 10UK shoes, sandals and boots. Every other shop only ever seems to stock up to size 8). I picked up the box, and was now shaking. The shop was empty apart from the two young guys at the counter. I dithered around the mens shoes, box in hand slowly losing my resolve, then I just went for it. I was convinced the guy was gonna comment on them being size 10, he was in fact very pleasant and didn't bat an eye lid. Out in the car park I was so excited and couldn't wait to get home to try them on. I didn't I put them on straight away and drove the sixty mile trip home feeling very pleased with myself. I've got a night in by myself and hope to have my first "dressed photos" i've ever taken. (I'm not quite ready to fully dress when my wife is home, and I don't think she's quite ready to see me yet). A monumental day for me, and i've got all you girls to thank. Since I joined here a week or so ago my confidence has risen enormously. Thanks

Shelly Preston
01-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi Kelly

I'm glad you managed to buy the boots.
This is s good first step most sales people are interested in just that ! "A Sale"
If they look at you funny as has been stated before in other threads.
Ask about returns or do they gift wrap.

Look on the bright side ther are more than 300 shopping days till Xmas.

RenaCD
01-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey Kelly what great story, I'm so glad you had a good experience. We in the states have a store called Pay-less Shoes I saw a pair of Cranberry knee length heels there the other day I just fell in love with. Alas they were all out of my size.

Enjoy Your new Boots

Rena

uknowhoo
01-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Woohoo! What a great little story!

I'm so happy to hear about your successful shopping trip. Be warned though, some say it can become addictive... like that's a bad thing.:D

We'll look forward to those pics. ;)

Take care, Kelly

Hugs,

Tammi

KellyT
01-25-2006, 12:59 PM
I think the addiction has already started. I'm sitting here thinking "that was so easy, what can I buy tomorrow?".

RenaCD
01-25-2006, 01:20 PM
I think the addiction has already started. I'm sitting here thinking "that was so easy, what can I buy tomorrow?".

And another Shopaholic is Born your mother would be so Proud Good Girl!!

Rena :clap:

KellyT
01-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Finally got to grips with my digi camera and editing pic's to right size. You can see my photos at http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22099

Sabrina Flowers
01-28-2006, 04:18 AM
I to have been in to a Brantano's shop at Yeovil Somerset, I have tried on the size 10 shoes and boots with no problems, it was a week day so there were a few other customers in different part of the shop. I didn't buy anything, as nothing really took my fancy, I think its one shop I shall be going back to.
This sort of thing does raise ones confidence greatly.

Your photos are really nice too.

Sabrina

GypsyKaren
01-28-2006, 07:13 AM
Boots, boots, must have boots! I'm so glad you found some, oh, how I love to shop for shoes.

GypsyKaren

Girly Sara
01-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Hi Kelly,

Well done on your boots shopping trip and i'm happy for you. Would you say the size 10's you have are quite roomy as i'm a size 11 (GGRRR!!!) and wondered if they'd fit? I mention this as some girls have mentioned that boots from Evans are quite roomy although i wasn't impressed by their collection.

As there's a Brantano's pretty much on my doorstep, your feedback would be appreciated please.

Hugs from Sara xxxx

KellyT
01-28-2006, 01:54 PM
The boots are reasonably roomy. I managed to put them on with a thick pair of socks rather than tights. The size 10 selection isn't the most inspiring though. I had been in a few times before and wasn't impressed and thought i've give them one last go and struck lucky. I'd been looking for boots like that for ages. Plenty around but none my size. The best bit was they had been reduced from £30 to £20 and they had a price blitz day, where everything had 25% off, so I only paid £15. I do love a bargain. :D

Gothgrrl
01-28-2006, 02:20 PM
I was in a nearby city looking for a pair of knee-high platform boots and in an 'alternative' shop I asked the (male) assistant for a size seven. He took one look at my DM's and said 'we have them in an eight, too' :bs: No embarrassment whatsoever.

But, I went back some months later to buy some 'Demonia' shoes I'd seen in the window and was given a really sneering third degree from a female assistant. She's certainly lost her employer a good few pounds profit over the years.

I'd rather pay a bit extra and go into to London to shop nowadays, I've never had a bad experience in any of the shops in Camden Market.