PDA

View Full Version : Could Crossdressing Be Caused By A Virus?

Persephone
10-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Recently, Dr. Robert Yolken and colleagues published a study in which people who tested positive for a chlorovirus, ATCV-1, seemingly showed changes in mental behavior (click here for article) (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/virus-found-lakes-may-literally-145000290.html).

Could a virus be responsible for crossdressing?

Hgs,
Persephone.

Ressie
10-30-2014, 01:50 PM
It's possible. There are lots of possibilities when it comes the the human brain.

kimdl93
10-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Well, there is some evidence that toxoplasmosis affects the brains of mice and people...it actually causes both to be strangely attracted to cat urine.

Of course CDing is a good deal more complex... And one might expect epidemiological evidence showing outbreaks of CDing coincident with the flu;)

Katey888
10-30-2014, 03:32 PM
What a thought...! But am I thinking it, or the colony of bacteria nestling inside my nasal cavity... :eek:

Looking at the article, I see the sample was wholly from Baltimore residents, so I think we should leave it to one of our own Baltimore natives to comment on whether there's something else at play here... ;)

If there is a virus responsible for this it'll be something like... Stilletococcus virus... or.. Pantiebola... :facepalm:

On a serious note some scientists do believe we should be considered more of a colony species rather than an individual animal, but wouldn't it be weird if tiny things inside us were having more of an impact than we realise...? Kind of like the microbe version of 'Being John Malkovich'... or maybe it's just like the movie... I hear a martini calling my name before I overthink that one! :)

Katey x

paulaprimo
10-30-2014, 03:44 PM
wow katey, the tiny things inside us you refer too, probably explains the
strange voices i hear coming from within..."put down the hammer, pick up the purse" :)

Allison Chaynes
10-30-2014, 04:13 PM
If there is a virus responsible for this it'll be something like... Stilletococcus virus... or.. Pantiebola... :facepalm:

Finally there's a medical diagnosis for my condition- pantiebola!

Donnagirl
10-30-2014, 04:38 PM
x

Katey,

Thanks, I needed a laugh!!! Think I'm going to undergo a 21 day self imposed quarantine due to pantibola!!!

Donna

Andi1979
10-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Well I have definitely been exposed to Stilletococcus then...

jennifer easton
10-30-2014, 05:19 PM
pantibola, I love it, only you Katey!! xoxoxox Jenni

mykell
10-30-2014, 06:08 PM
I think that was a group of politicians, then once they're elected to office they blame the ACTV-1 virus in the water,
but if a virus is responsible I hope it's cditus, spurred on by stilettococcus.......I hope they don't find a cure....

Jorja
10-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Come on now, you know it is Alien influences that cause crossdressing! :)

Rachael Leigh
10-30-2014, 06:43 PM
Interesting article for sure and as some have said here so little is know about the human brain, it's an amazing sophisticated part of us. It's really the nerve center of everything we do and are
I'm sure thats why it's so difficult to explain any of what we in this group do and deal with.
We are truly all unique

Denise69
10-30-2014, 08:46 PM
Darn it Katey, you beat me to it... I was going good to say " prettious fabulousis

Paula_Femme
10-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Unfortunately I seem to have a nasty case of Thighhydrovirus! :heehee:

docrobbysherry
10-30-2014, 09:40 PM
My contribution to this deep, penetrating discussion is: "vagirus".

Rachelakld
10-30-2014, 11:15 PM
So which one turns us in to cross dressing Jedi?
My wife and daughters haven't caught it yet, they still dress like girls

Cheryl T
10-31-2014, 04:28 PM
If it's a virus then it's been around a long, long time and it's surprising that it's only infect a small percentage of the world population by now.
If it is genetic on the other hand then I would consider it a mutation that is advancing the race, bringing it to a higher level of understanding and enlightenment.

Ally 2112
10-31-2014, 05:10 PM
I rarely catch a cold or the flu thankfully .But some how i caught this and it will not go away and im pretty sure there is no crossdressing vaccine .So for those of us who have caught this take 2 aspirin and dress up in the morning :)

giuseppina
10-31-2014, 05:14 PM
Sorry to burst the bubble, but a study with only 33 subjects doesn't mean anything. It *might* be worth a 100x larger study, though.

Amanda L.
10-31-2014, 05:27 PM
Womeningitis perhaps?
So if it is caused by a virus one might assume there could be a cure imminent.........oh no!
Luv
Amanda

Melissa_59
10-31-2014, 06:31 PM
Come on now, you know it is Alien influences that cause crossdressing! :)

Or "witchcraft", if you ask certain people. Also: Demonic possession, The Devil's Influence, etc etc etc.

:D

~Melissa

Melissa_59
10-31-2014, 06:33 PM
Now, here's the scary part: the virus mutates and spreads airborne across the world.

The next day, Bill O'Reilly in a skirt and heels on Fox News, dressed like all the women on there...

Yes, I can't picture that either without becoming seasick.

~Melissa

MarcellaMcNul
10-31-2014, 08:19 PM
I had that virus last week but I got over it. Then I got it again and got over it. Now I have it again....

sometimes_miss
11-01-2014, 06:55 AM
While anything is within the realm of possibility, probability is another thing entirely. However. Like all the other things that predispose us to crossdressing, I suppose that there just might be a virus that could do it. But it's far more likely that you're looking for zebras instead of horses. Kind of like thinking that the day, time and place you were born decides your fate through your entire life. You name an absurdity, and I guarantee, that somewhere, someone will be a true believer in it.

Mollyanne
11-01-2014, 07:05 AM
If a virus caused my x-dressing, I'M GLAD!!!!!!! I hope I catch the one that causes me to transition!!!!!!!!

Molly

suit
11-01-2014, 11:08 AM
interesting idea.....ask the members that no longer post here what changed , as some of the most prolific seem to have dropped off the face of this sight . did they catch something and take a med ,or do something with there diet and poof gone!
might it be some aspect of a food allergy ?

Stephanie47
11-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Since I began dabbling in my mother's lingerie back in the 1950's and becoming more and more interested in wearing women's attire since then, I suspect there is another cause in my case. If it does enhance or cause cross dressing, that's better than getting infected with the Ebola virus. I will say I have always loved the colors of women's attire. I may be a very visually stimulated male. I still wear monotone jeans, shoes and at best a male shirt with multicolored patterns or a graphic tee shirt. Meanwhile I see women wearing lovely dresses in all sorts of color combinations and patterns. Back in the day I loved to draw and actually won an art contest in sixth grade. Maybe the virus was in NYC tap water?

Beverley Sims
11-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Definitely,
The virus is so miniscule they haven't found it yet.

Sorry Barbara,

Like you I don't know the answer and I really think it is like searching for the Holy Grail, or a cure for cancer.

nvlady
11-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Here is an interesting thought.
We can become immune to a virus by being exposed to a dead (polio) or different (cowpox-smallpox) version of that virus. If they determine that CD really is caused by a virus and they develop a vaccine for it, can you imagine the thought process a redneck would go through when he ponders the question of whether he should take his young son in to get the shot when he firmly believes that no son of HIS would ever want to dress like a girl.

LilSissyStevie
11-01-2014, 09:57 PM
What a ridiculous theory! Everybody knows that crossdressing is caused by climate change.:brolleyes: