PDA

View Full Version : Appetite and need for sleep with dressing

ClosetED
11-01-2014, 10:26 AM
I noticed when given a weekend to dress (compromise to divorce - she leaves house), I have little appetite and need less sleep yet still feel refreshed. With only a few hours of dressing, I did not notice it. But with the several days to remain dressed, I went 24 hours without bothering to eat and did not feel very hungry. I slept 5-6 hours, but awoke refreshed.
Just wondering if others have experienced this. Searching old posts, I did not see this mentioned. Could endorphins be released due to pleasure/peace of being dressed and produce this? Would that explan why we become addicted to this?

I welcome varying thoughts...
Hugs,
Ellen

Tracii G
11-01-2014, 10:46 AM
I suppose it is possible.

Nikkilovesdresses
11-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Wow- thought it was just me. Since I let Nikki out of the box again my weight has dropped dramatically (it needed to) and I sleep only 5-6hrs and function fine on that. That's about 4 months now, so it doesn't seem like it's a flash in the pan.

Be happy - I am! Love those shoes btw.

Beverley Sims
11-01-2014, 12:34 PM
I think with all the excitement of extra freedom you just forget to eat.

Andy66
11-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Turning the issue upside down: sleeping alot and overeating can SOMETIMES be a sign of depression. So maybe youre the opposite of depressed? :)

Tracii G
11-01-2014, 01:03 PM
I find when I am building a guitar I get so into the process of fitting parts or doing the wiring and final assembly I forget to eat.

BarbDriscoll
11-01-2014, 01:15 PM
When I am "in the zone" programming it can go on for many hours. When I wake up from that state I am totally unaware of the time or how long it's been since I've eaten. I would love to be able to enter that level of immersion with dressing. But, even so, time certainly does fly.

I usually try to start dressing on a mostly empty stomach because I feel that the clothes fit better and, to me, feel better on me that way. But I'll usually have a nibble and a glass of wine at some point. Seeing myself holding a glass of wine seems very much in character. Now, about those lipstick stains...

Jaylyn
11-01-2014, 01:48 PM
If I get to dress frequently I do eat but it is because I enjoy eating and seeing my lipstick print on the glasses and utensils. I really never thought about it but I also think I eat less when dressed. It could be I love the tighter type skirts and that may have an underlying reason I don't eat as much.

ClosetED
11-02-2014, 08:34 AM
I am at ideal body weight for a female or 95% for a man. I also love the lipstick on a cup, usually coffee. I also do programming and know abut being lost for hours in solving a coding issue.
Hugs, Ellen

Savannah_Skye
11-02-2014, 05:29 PM
After my last great purge and denial stage, I went through a patch where I was dressed nearly 24/7 (besides work) and I ate way less and my sleep was clearly more refreshing. After a while my appetite did return to normal and my dressing did become more balanced though I would not say one of the cause of the other. I also like to stay my dress size. I have not seen any conclusive studies on release of endorphins from crossdressing but it wouldn't surprise me. I usually feel better after a dress.

Evelyn S
11-02-2014, 06:56 PM
I experience something similar, but to a lesser degree. For me, when I dress I feel good about myself and am more energetic, resulting in me being less likely to oversleep or snack. But my appetite does not totally disappear, and I still enjoy eating and the sensation of eating as a woman.

ReineD
11-02-2014, 08:04 PM
When I'm engaged in doing something that captivates me and that I love, I don't think about eating either. This happens frequently when I'm engaged in artistic pursuits or graphic design. The time just flies and before I know it, it's the wee hours of the morning. I seldom feel tired and I can't wait to get up the next day to get back to it.

I don't think what you are going through is particular to the CDing. Anyone who does something they really love can react the same way. It relates to the degree of passion that you or anyone else feels for what they do.