PDA

View Full Version : It Had To Happen.....

Brenda Locke
11-01-2014, 07:19 PM
As I Stated; It had to happen eventually. Outing myself that is.
It stated Wed., I decided to get my nails done, no big deal right? Except I had Gel nails done with a light Blue Finish.
Fast forward to Friday (Halloween), Got up did my makeup, got dressed and went out. First time broad daylight!!!! Nervous, you bet.
Ended up going to Additional Elle A full sized women's clothing store. The SA was great. Complementing me on my makeup and outfit.
Talked for a little and she said until I spoke she thought I was a female!!! What great thing to say.
With that confidence boost I then went to a mall and walked around for a bit with no trouble at all and then home. Maybe because it was Halloween who knows.
Today, got up decided to do my makeup again got dressed (skirt/Blouse panty hose) and out the door I went.
Shopping of coarse, First to a shoppers Drug Mart for some setting powder, again the SA was great, Said she didn't make me until I spoke .CONFIDENCE BOOST.
Then to another Additional Elle to buy a scarf or two. Asked that SA what she thought of my makeup? She said very natural!! I guess I nailed it. To say my confidence has grown is an understatement.
Stopped at a sandwich shop on the way home where I am a regular, and got a great reaction from the woman at the counter. Asked about my shoes (flats today), and complemented me on my makeup and clothing.
Asked me who did my makeup and was surprised when I told her I did. She is friend anyway who I've known for years, and she suggested that the only thing that needed work were my eyebrows.
Well with all this new found confidence; on the way home stopped and got them done!!!.
Sunday will be a day off, but I think I'll be out again come Monday and who knows.
AS I said I guess I'm Out and so far loving it.
I'm sorry but I don't own a Digital camera yet so regretfully no pictures.

Hugs to all Brenda:daydreaming::o

Jennifer-GWN
11-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Brenda; Congrats it feels so nice just being out and going about your day. Enjoy your new found freedom.

Cheers... Jennifer

tia61
11-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Brenda, so happy for you! I too just went out for the first time and can't wait til the next time! Enjoy being your inner self.

~Joanne~
11-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Outing myself that is.

Ok, when did you get outed?

Launa
11-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Hey Brenda, I came out for my first time 3.5 years ago when I came up to Edmonton for an event. Yesterday I went to a Halloween party here in Calgary and won first prize for best costume. My pictures were taken by many folks including Out TV Canada! Now how's that for being "OUT" LOL. Cheers

Beverley Sims
11-01-2014, 10:39 PM
As long as the outcome is good all is well.

Julie Denier
11-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Good for you, Brenda! ;)

andreanna
11-02-2014, 07:50 AM
No problems at the Mall? I really need to get out there, but I want to go there dressed. How CD friendly is Oceana for wigs?

kimdl93
11-02-2014, 08:34 AM
It's a great feeling to be out in the real world...even better if you look good enough to blend in so effectively as you seem to do.

Marcelle
11-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Hi Brenda,

Congrats on your first outing to the Vanilla world. I am glad it was a good experience.

Hugs

Isha

Isabella Ross
11-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Brenda, now for your next test: a fully dressed appearance at the Italian Centre Shop. If the boys working behind the counter in the deli start whistling, you know you've made it...

Nadya
11-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Congratulations! Sounds like a great few days! So happy for you!

justmetoo
11-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Congratulations on your outing! :D
Sounds like you had lots of fun and plenty of confidence-building.

Brenda Locke
11-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Andreanna, I can't say how your wig would fair in Oceana. However I've been back to the mall twice and had no trouble at all. I was in Southgate today and also didn't have any trouble.
Maybe Edmonton is more tolerant to us than other places who knows,

Hugs brenda

Krisi
11-05-2014, 07:40 AM
Digital cameras are cheap. Get one and not only can you post pictures, you can look at them yourself and see what you can do to improve your presentation.

Jacqueline1965
11-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Congratulations on you first outing Brenda. It must feel liberating. One day I'll get up enough nerve to go out in broad daylight.

Sarina Curtis
11-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Good on ya Brenda. I still have a ways to go before I give that a shot.