PDA

View Full Version : First time in public

moregeorge
11-01-2014, 08:02 PM
I've been crossdressing in secret since I was in my early teens and been through several "adventures" where I went out in public dressed en femme, but never where I expected to encounter anyone. A couple of times I also drove around in a car while wearing a skirt and pantyhose (couldn't operate the pedals properly in heels) but always terrified of getting into a wreck or being rear-ended or something.

So, at Halloween this year I happened to be in LA so I went to Hollywood Blvd and saw all the "characters" dressed there. I decided there'd never be a better time to make my public debut so here's what I did (after 3 glasses of wine I might add…). I Googled Goodwill and found a store on Vine Street where I bought a black dress. Then I went to this Dollar-type store in the same parking lot and bought a pair of black pantyhose. They had some cool lingerie and even some breast forms too but I didn't want to get too complicated, plus I wasn't planning to pack things and take them home with me on the plane. This outfit was for tonight only. I didn't find any suitable heels, so I got some while ankle-socks and decided to use the tennis shoes I was already wearing.

I found a rest room (no easy feat in that part of Hollywood) and put on the dress and pantyhose, then my jacket and jeans over the top. Then I headed for Hollywood Blvd.

There were hundreds of people around by this time, so I went up to the second floor of the Hollywood and Highland Center and found a quiet spot beside a large planter by the elevator, and waited. I don't know what I was waiting for but when a few minutes had gone by and no-one had walked by, I took a deep breath and removed the jeans. The cool night air felt good around my legs. A quick adjustment of the skirt to be sure it wasn't too short, then I rolled up the jeans and placed them in my shopping bag and headed off into the crowds. Oh, I forgot to mention I was also wearing a safari-type hat pulled way down to I didn't make eye contact with anyone.

I can't honestly say who was the first person I encountered, but I just walked around for a few minutes, then headed down the escalator into the crowds on Hollywood Blvd. It was SO exhilarating. I loved the feel of the pantyhose against my thighs as I walked along (carefully with one foot in front of the other like I was walking a tightrope). Nobody even noticed me amid all the crowds of witches, princesses and superheroes. I must have walked along for about ten minuted, then I reached the corner of Highland Avenue and decided I'd walk back to my car, which was not part of the original plan but by now I was emboldened. I even sashayed just a little as I walked along! As I walked past the Loews Hotel, a passing car honked at me, then some young Latino guys leaned out of a van and shouted something fun, not mean or rude. I turned the corner onto Franklin Avenue and there was my rental car.

I drove all the way back to my hotel near LAX and it wasn't until I reached the hotel parking lot that I finally pulled on the jeans again over the dress and pantyhose.

What a thrilling experience!

Not sure when I'll get up the courage to do it again, but I can't wait!

Beverley Sims
11-02-2014, 04:25 AM
I didn't see you there but the atmosphere was great and there were some excellent costumes.
West Hollywood was even better but deteriorated later in the evening.

You did well with what you did and there's only 364 days to the next opportunity. :)

patti1569
11-05-2014, 02:03 AM
So fun!! Sounds like you had a blast! Going out is the best feeling ever and it gets easier each time. I hope you get the courage up to do it again!! You will see that most people don't care or are supportive. What ever you do, just have fun doing it!!

Marcelle
11-05-2014, 05:12 AM
Hi there and congrats on your step out into the world.

Hugs

Isha