PDA

View Full Version : First time out

Dawn P
11-01-2014, 11:43 PM
I had to spend a couple of days in Honolulu for business before heading over to our condo on Maui. Even though my wife and I where on Maui for Halloween going Lahaina for the activates dressed was not a option.

Back to the subject. i was planning on going out two nights, it was not in the cards. The room was not ready when we checked in. By the time we got our room, I would not have time to get shaved completely, get nails done etc: So the first night I shaved legs and chest my wife painted my toe nails and worked on getting correct size for the glue on nails.

After my meeting in downtown Honolulu we went back to our hotel and proceeded to get ready for going out for my first time dressed. I touched up shaving face and legs, wife glued on the nails. I put on my bra forms and dress, the wife helped with my wig, no make up yet as I was having it done at the MAC counter at Macy's in the hotel we were staying at.

Out the hotel room door no turning back now, fortunately our room was across from the elevator and it was on the fourth floor.We rode down to the street level instead of going through the lobby it was only us on the elevator . We entered Macy's through the side door instead of walking to the front entrance that's on the main drag( no pun intended) of Waikiki.

The MAC counter was at the front of the store. I was nervous walking through Macy's to the Mac counter I was just a guy in a dress. At Mac I started to relax as I was the only one there at first, after a while other customers started coming and looking at make up mostly Asian women either they glanced other and smiled or just looked and went about their own business. The MAC girls where great. One even gave us suggestions where to go.

After I was done we decided to just go to the food court at the Royal Hawaiian shopping center instead of waiting a hour for a table at a restaurant Walking there I acted like I belonged if I made eye contact I just smiled at them, if they new I was guy they did not let on.My wife did walk behind me on propose to see if anyone did a double take a she said a few did.

At the food court that's where I had my problem, not with anyone but with myself. It was crowed very brightly lit up and I felt everyone was watching me as we where looking for a table.

Maybe going out in Waikiki for my first time dressed was a big step, but I did it and survived.

MonctonGirl
11-02-2014, 02:17 AM
Ahh, yes...I remember my first time out by myself ... so nervous even on Halloween.
But this Halloween I even drove my car quite a distance en-femme with only moderate concern.

Congrats on your first time. It was a great story to read, too.
I find the fear gets better, especially with practice of female walk and posturing, gesturing
and good makeup ( which I have yet to get right so I hire people )
( video record your self and see if you can improve so that next year you'll be more confident.

I think most men who go drag for Halloween are not as nervous as us because
it really is just for Halloween for them and we feel naked to the world as if our secret
is revealed.

AngelaYVR
11-02-2014, 02:49 AM
And now that you've dipped your toe in the in the pond you will probably find yourself champing at the bit to do it again (if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor)! Did you also try a coconut bra and grass skirt? ;)

Angela xx

Beverley Sims
11-02-2014, 03:32 AM
I did it there also, I did feel a little apprehensive in the daylight with summery light clothes but night time really rocks.
I even bought a one piece bathing suit to swim there at night.
Love Hawaii.

Linda Leigh
11-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Congrats and the support from your wife was a huge help! Understanding wives are far and few, you are lucky :)

Marcelle
11-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Hi Dawn and congrats. It sounds like things went well and the more you go out, the less self-conscious you will be. Having your wife with you only helps things that much more.

Hugs

Isha

Dawn P
11-02-2014, 12:32 PM
No coconut bra and grass skirt. I don't think they make the coconut bra in a 54 D.

bridget thronton
11-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Well done good to have support from your spouse