PDA

View Full Version : VICE SQUAD, any member ever on one....

mykell
11-02-2014, 07:20 AM
as i date myself with this i remember sit-coms and drama shows when cops who at that time were men would don a dress and heels to capture evil doers (johns) for the sake of community service, ridding the streets of prostitutes, at the time their were few women in blue and this seemed to be a true practice......anybody....

Tina B.
11-02-2014, 08:47 AM
I don't know about real life, but I've seen it done many ties in the movies!

Marcelle
11-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Hi Mikell,

I believe "Vice Squads" still exist in most police departments in some form or another. Not sure about the past and male officers posing as women to arrest Johns but I did see in shows like "Police Story". I suspect that is not the case these days as more women are part of the police forces around the world.

Hugs

Isha

mykell
11-02-2014, 09:28 AM
hi isha,
squads certainly do still exist, for many other facets, some i believe cant be mentioned on the forum, i was focusing on old school prostitution stings and whether their may be someone here because of or in relation too those days...

Diane1950
11-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Most cop shops probably use male officers as a last resort, when females aren't available.

It's usually done for laughs on TV and in the movies, such as the hilarious episode of Hill Street Blues where Belker, the grubby undercover cop, goes out in drag. His mustache and cigar gave him away, though.

BarbDriscoll
11-02-2014, 11:53 AM
This is very much second hand, but... I have a cousin about 10 years older than me who was on the NYC police force, now long since retired, of course. This was probably in the late '50s. I remember he and his wife joking about it at family gatherings. He would have been in his '20s and he would have been stunning dressed. Really good looking. Slim build, blonde hair, very blue eyes, perfect skin. The only negative was that he would have been a bit tall for a woman, but otherwise...

flatlander_48
11-02-2014, 01:55 PM
I keep my vices to myself, thank you...

UNDERDRESSER
11-02-2014, 08:42 PM
It's usually done for laughs on TV and in the movies, such as the hilarious episode of Hill Street Blues where Belker, the grubby undercover cop, goes out in drag. His mustache and cigar gave him away, though.I seem to remember another episode of that show where they had to pretty much force the guy to do it, (don't think it was Belker though) but when the sting was concluded, they wouldn't give him his own clothes back, and dropped him off at home in a a slinky dress, fishnets, wig and heels. his wife sees him like that and stares open mouthed... "Honey, I can explain!" She just says "That is so freaking.....HOT!" and leaps on him, which was where the scene ended. A few days later the guys are giving him heck because he won't give the stuff back.:D

Kate Simmons
11-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Haven't done that but guess who the field operative will be if I ever get my detective agency off the ground? :battingeyelashes::)

joank
11-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Vice -principal in-charge of discipline. I guess that's vice.

Paulette
11-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Nobody pays attention the big girl sitting off to the side, while the hottie hits up the john. Usually it was done to catch a mugging suspect. The major problem was that you have to act like you are being forced to do it and then you can not be to good at putting on the make up. Got to do it twice once as a girl and once as a gay guy routing out the glory hole queens who were hitting on young boys going to the restroom in the roadside rest.

DonnaT
11-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Barney Miller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg_phMJivvY

Julie Denier
11-04-2014, 02:11 PM
I seem to remember another episode of that show where they had to pretty much force the guy to do it, (don't think it was Belker though) but when the sting was concluded, they wouldn't give him his own clothes back, and dropped him off at home in a a slinky dress, fishnets, wig and heels. his wife sees him like that and stares open mouthed... "Honey, I can explain!" She just says "That is so freaking.....HOT!" and leaps on him, which was where the scene ended. A few days later the guys are giving him heck because he won't give the stuff back.:D

I think that was a Nash Bridges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WA81-IcDHU) ...