PDA

View Full Version : Almost outed by a straw.

Maria 60
11-02-2014, 07:30 AM
I think you read the thread about my few great nights out, well they almost came to a bad ending, a little bit of fast thinking was required. Halloween night I made a few stops and one of them was Wendy's drive threw and had dinner in my car. Well my son came home from work yesterday with my car, acting a little upset with me. After a few hours of asking him questions and getting one word answers, I asked him what his problem was. Finally with a little bit of pushing he came out and told me, if I was out helping a friend with his new house the last few nights then why is there a Wendy's cup in the car with a straw with lip stick on it. OMG! After asking what he was talking about so I could buy some time to think, I laughed and asked him if he thought I was having an affair. Well I don't know how I came up with this so fast but I told him, I bought dinner on the way back from work knowing I was going to my friends house, came home to pick up some power tools and while I was leaving mom was pulling in, seen I picked up dinner and asked me for a zip of the drink, In which he knows I never drink it, I only get it because the meal is cheaper as a combo, and if he doesn't believe me to ask his mom. He had this look of relief and apologized for his thoughts. I told him next time don't assume things, after all you know the assume rule. I walked away laughing but lucky he didn't see the buckets of sweat I was dumping. The funny thing is when I got out of the car Friday night I grabbed my travel bag that I keep with me and I had a spare pack of pantyhose and make up in there, when I was locking the door I seen something shinny on the floor and it was the pantyhose package, I don't know how I would have explained that one. It's always the little things we have to watch out for.

phylis anne
11-02-2014, 07:41 AM
whoa there ,
That was really quick thinking well go wring yourself out and be more carefull:D
hugs phylis anne

Katey888
11-02-2014, 07:45 AM
Quick thinking Maria... :)

But for some reason I am left with an image of a man walking a tightrope across Niagara Falls.... carrying a bag of takeout... :eek:

Take care!

Katey x

kimdl93
11-02-2014, 08:36 AM
uh,....the panty hose comes with the happy meal...

vicky_cd99_2
11-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Awesome save girl. We do have to be careful when leading two lives. I know I scour everything before going home. Even though my wife knows the kids don't so until they are all moved out, and then I still will be covering tracks.

Marcelle
11-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Hi Maria,

That was some quick thinking on your part. I have to admit it did give me a chuckle and I am glad it worked out.

Hugs

Isha

Maria 60
11-02-2014, 09:26 AM
uh,....the panty hose comes with the happy meal...

Now that real fast thinking. I like that one.

Beverley Sims
11-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I must agree,that would have been the last straw.

chelyann
11-02-2014, 03:28 PM
way to go on the fast thinking.
but it sounds like you are trying to get caught by leaving things or attempting to leave things laying around , be careful and keep having fun , it sounds like you do:)

Ashley Lyn
11-02-2014, 03:44 PM
never really gave it much thought, but I better trade in my plastic Walmart bag holding my mini-stash (just in case) under the back seat of my truck for something that resembles a small tool bag! Thanks to the 'straw', you may have saved me some similar issues..
Explaining panties, thigh highs, mary janes and a short pleated skirt would be a tough one!:eek:

tia61
11-02-2014, 09:03 PM
What fast thinking! I would have been toast! LOL. Funny but after my outing yesterday, I got in my car this morning and was driving to work. I get about half way there, look down, and there is a McDonald's cup with a lipstick covered straw! I busted out laughing. I picked up the straw, turned it upside down and put it back in the cup. Good thing I live alone.

MissTee
11-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Wow, that was a close call! Good thinking under pressure :)

lingerieLiz
11-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Did you tell your wife so she can cover for you?

Momarie
11-03-2014, 10:47 AM
This bothers me in the sense that you let him think there was something wrong with him and even accepted his apology.

Imagine the emotions he went through and the courage it took to confront you, fearing you were having an affair.

Everyone here is congratulating you on your clever deception.

But this will be one of those moments, when he finally does find out that he will look back on and remember.

DanielleLee
11-03-2014, 11:13 AM
I have to say I'm agreement with Momarie. Everything she said is true; from accepting his apology as if he did something wrong, to the courage it took for him to "Man" up and confess to his Dad (probably the single most important influence on him as a young man) the negative thoughts he suspected of his Dad.

Understanding how hard it would have been to make him aware at that moment of "Maria" and the fallout... Maybe it's time to have that conversation with him. You said he is working now and driving a car. He is old enough, in my opinion, to hear the truth; and it's better to come from you.

I certainly however do not know your situation at home and I am NOT stating you're a bad person if you choose not to tell him. I don't know what you and your wife have discussed about letting the kids "know"; so it would be wrong for me to say.

In your case... it does seem unfair to burden him with this guilt that he thought you were having an affair. If he had the courage and moral strength, which likely he learned during his upbringing, maybe you can take a lesson from him and find that same courage.

In any event, good luck if you do decide to tell him.

Tracii G
11-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Could have said I kissed your Mother and took a sip I guess I had some on my lips.

I had a guy friend use my bathroom and he asked me who the lip gloss belonged to.
I said mine its a great moisturizer you should try it. Works way better than chapstick. He said hum never thought about that whatever works I guess.

Maria 60
11-04-2014, 05:54 AM
O come on ladies, the response that I tricked my son. That's the life of a closet dresser, and I am more then sure my kids came to me with the, they believed I was born yesterday stories. Yes I give my son credit, but we do have a pretty open relationship, so I don't tell him about my dressing, but he doesn't tell me or do I care what he does with his girlfriend when there alone. We all have some form of privacy in our lives. But I do appreciate the responds and the different points of view. Thanks!

BLUE ORCHID
11-04-2014, 07:43 AM
Hi Maria, When you get careless with the little things it could really lead to disaster.
You appeared that you lucked out this time.:hugs:

Krisi
11-04-2014, 07:48 AM
It is very difficult to hide crossdressing from someone who lives in the same house as you. Sooner or later you will make a mistake or someone will show up when you don't expect them to. It happened to me.

You made up a believable story quickly and that got you off the hook this time. You may not be so lucky next time.

Sarasometimes
11-04-2014, 08:31 AM
Maria, I'm in your boat, which is in a closet at the moment and from other posts here it is a crowded boat. If telling your friends and loved ones about your CDing was so easy and beneficial to all, this forum would have way less members.

I have a reply at the ready, I hate litter and often times I pick up that dropped by others even when a trash can isn't handy..you could find all sorts of crud and bit in my vehicle. I mean I toss it first chance but...

Annaliese
11-04-2014, 09:33 AM
That might have been the time to tell him, so relieved that you were not having an affair, that he would not care you were dressing up, I know I have been in this Pollyanna thinking all morning.