PDA

View Full Version : Osaka adventure

TokyoLily
11-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Quick post:

Some of you might remember last year I hit Osaka...just as two typhoons hit the city back to back. This year there was a bit of rain but it was actually quite nice. Although I had the fortune to have Halloween as my night out, I received very very few glances, and I don't attribute it at all to the fact that ghosts and clowns and Disney characters were out roaming the streets and riding the trains. If anything, I have become more confident in being the person I am. I swear (as will others) that confidence shows, and if you own it, people will likely not bat an eye. If you show your lovely lady self, there is no reason for anyone to walk up to you and question who you are.

Really one of the best nights of my life (though, unfortunately, my wife didn't get to go with me this year).

Veronica

Andy66
11-02-2014, 11:32 PM
I didnt know they celebrated Halloween in Japan. That sounds magical!

Nadine Spirit
11-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Glad you had a good time out. And I agree that confidence is everything! Well almost everything.

Beverley Sims
11-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Veronica,
Going out at Halloween is quite easy when you consider all that is going on around you.
Also everyone else is self conscious of how they look let alone you.

Katey888
11-03-2014, 05:11 AM
Nice that the typhoons stayed away for you this year, Veronica... shame your wife couldn't make it though, but glad that your confidence is growing.

I'd still like Japan to be on my ever growing bucket list... :)

Katey x

Marcelle
11-03-2014, 06:46 AM
Hi Lily,

Sounds like you had a good time (typhoons aside).

Hugs

Isha

BLUE ORCHID
11-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Hi Lily, It sounds like you really had fun.
Is Cross Dressing accepted in Japan more so then in the USA ??

kimdl93
11-03-2014, 07:51 AM
Sounds like great fun.

Sarina Curtis
11-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Sounds like a good time TokyoLily! I'm glad to see another foreign cross dresser in Japan. I'm near Nagoya working up the courage to try a day/night out at some point.

Sarina Curtis
11-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Hi Lily, It sounds like you really had fun.
Is Cross Dressing accepted in Japan more so then in the USA ??

I can't say how they react to foreigners doing it, but I see a few Japanese transgender people on my train rides home every week and have never seen them get harassed. Japan is like anywhere else though, some people will accept it, some won't.

TokyoLily
11-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Hi again.

Blue Orchid: It's probably a bit more accepted in general than in the states, but yeah, it varies from person to person. Fewer Japanese people are likely to harass a CDer, which brings a level of comfort. But heck, I dressed in Texas and made it out alive, so you just do what you do to be you. :)

Sarina: Let me know if you make it to Tokyo. I get to Nagoya on occasion, but usually not enough time to dress up.