PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Cool

Rikidee
11-03-2014, 02:11 PM
I was out dressed androgenously this weekend. I was wearing a ball cap, striped tshirt, and plain womens jeans, also very light makeup and lip gloss. I went into a convevience store and was in line to check out when another cashier behind me asked "can I help you sir". When I turned to face her she said "I am so sorry maam can I help you?". Thought it was kinda cool. Hugs Riki

Shelly Preston
11-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Its always the little things that make you smile.

Diane Lynn
11-03-2014, 03:38 PM
I went through a long period of not being called maam or sir. Now it is always maam when I am out. My wife's birthday is coming up, and her office worker's want to take her out on a girls night out, and invited me to attend.

Krisi
11-03-2014, 04:58 PM
It's a shame there's not a respectful word that can be used to address a person that isn't either male or female. I would save a lot of worry and embarassment. "Hey you!" just doesn't cut it.

SamanthaSometimes
11-04-2014, 02:00 PM
It's a shame there's not a respectful word that can be used to address a person that isn't either male or female. I would save a lot of worry and embarassment. "Hey you!" just doesn't cut it.
Actually, I'm glad there isn't a single word that would address an individual by gender. As it is, it helps me determine how people perceive my presentation.