PDA

View Full Version : Do you have "It"?

Kate Simmons
11-04-2014, 08:21 AM
The concept of "it" was highlighted in a 1927 movie of the same name starring Clara Bow. As a result she was forever dubbed "The It Girl". The author of the concept said it was "The quality possessed by some which draws all others with it's magnetic force......"it" can be a quality of the mind as well as physical attraction." I also define "it" as having confidence in yourself and who you are despite what others may think and this applies to my CDing as well. So do you have "it" with respect to CDing and in general? :)

Adriana Moretti
11-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Ariana Grande is the "it" girl of the moment......dont blink though....

Teresa
11-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Kate the word is , " Charisma ! "

If you put yourself in the right cicumstances you have to have a degree of , "IT"
I never looked at it in that way but in my photgraphy especially covering weddings you had to a certain amount of " IT" to get the respect of people to get what you wanted ! OK good photgraphs to make money !

My reservations about totally coming out is the " IT " will surface too much ! I wiil probably lose what I'm trying hold on to at the moment anyway !
I know this is part of my struggle with forcing the issue too much !!

Ineke Vashon
11-04-2014, 09:34 AM
I think "It" has me.:devil:

Ineke

Jaylyn
11-04-2014, 09:56 AM
In cd mode I know I will never have it. In my experience ,all 65 years of age, just a handful of gals I have seen really have it and have never seen a cd that has what I call it. Remember the it you talk of has different meanings to many different people. For some it means that look of sexy eyes, for some that posterior, and even for others maybe lips, hair or even speech. I feel it is a mixture of every thing all in one package. To me the look of it is a total package that very few have.

Robin414
11-06-2014, 11:26 PM
Anyone seen denver williams or pallo del mar. WOW now that's inspirational!

Maria Blackwood
11-07-2014, 12:55 AM
I have the anti it. I can physically repel people fifty yards by sheer force of will.

docrobbysherry
11-07-2014, 01:32 AM
U can keep, "It", Kate. Sherry is more suited to the movie titled, "Them". Since she has so many different personas.

Of course, that was a movie about giant ants that take over part of SoCal! So,---?

Maria Blackwood
11-07-2014, 02:47 AM
Little known fact. "Them" was a documentary. True story.

BLUE ORCHID
11-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Hi Kate, You can watch a thousand women walk by and all of a sudden you will see an IT women walk by.

CarlaWestin
11-07-2014, 07:45 AM
I've probably been "IT" more times than I know about.

As in, "What the hell is that? Is IT a man?"

Kate Simmons
11-07-2014, 08:48 AM
I had a running gag about "IT" in the Army. I told others that "You have to see it to believe it" and that "It can only be seen at the dump, every hour on the half hour." and "I can't describe "it" you have to see "it" for yourself. They almost gave me a Section 8 for "It" but they needed me so didn't. :heehee::)

Jenny Elwood
11-07-2014, 09:25 AM
I may live in the third world but they tell me we do have Information Technology.

Seriously? Depends on how high you set the bar. Leave it off and you may have most CD'ers.

kimdl93
11-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Not really. I have to work really hard at inserting myself into a leadership mindset in male life. I'm much more introverted and reserved by nature. As a woman, I certainly don't have "it" and really prefer to go about my business without attention.

LilSissyStevie
11-07-2014, 02:30 PM
I think I'd like to be more the Helen Kane (the Boop Boop a Doop girl) type.

Helen Kane - I Want To Be Bad

http://youtu.be/AVkH93WOPpA

Sherlyn
11-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Yes Kate
I think I have it ...or advertise... IT..:D

KittyPryde
11-08-2014, 03:32 AM
If there is such a thing as an it to be had it is in possession of one t. swift.

Claire Cook
11-08-2014, 05:50 AM
Kate,

Funny you should post this now. TCM aired "IT" the other night and I recorded it. I'm not sure I can define 'IT", but whenever Clara Bow is on the screen I can not take my eyes off her. It's more than just sex appeal -- the smile, the mannerisms, those eyes ...

I'm not sure that I want "IT", but she has made me very aware of female mannerisms (exaggerated though though may be in the silent movie.) Things I'd like to think about when I am out and about. I think it's a movie (was that a pun?) we can all learn from.

Marcelle
11-08-2014, 06:34 AM
Hi Kate,

I can't really say as I would be making a judgement call about myself and that would be a bit one-sided :D However, if I ever find "it" I'll let you know.

Hugs

Isha

Kate Simmons
11-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Hi Claire, Actually I saw it on TCM that night which is what inspired me to post this thread. That lady had a lot of charm and she was very expressive even in silent movies. Too bad she passed away relatively young at age 60. A lot of feminine energy was lost that year. :battingeyelashes::)

Siobhan
11-09-2014, 04:04 AM
About 20 years ago when I went out as a crossdresser on a regular basis I found that Siobhan had "it'.-Quite a scary experience. Several other Trannies and some other men seemed to become aroused when i was around.Quite hard to handle.
Seldom seen
Siobhan

Lynn Marie
11-09-2014, 04:27 AM
Actually, I may just have a few of those magnetic qualities mentioned as an "It" girl. It's nothing I do in particular, but I do seem to be able to attract people, and girls in particular! I'm out clubbing every Friday evening our group is always the center of attention wherever we go and I'm sort of the matriarch. I find it amazing that we have so much fun together.

Beverley Sims
11-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Kate,
I carry "it" in my handbag and I own"it" as well. :)

Claire Cook
11-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Hi Kate,

I should have guessed that you'd seen it, err It! :battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes:

Michaelasfun
11-09-2014, 05:07 PM
I wish! In fact I have long suffered with esteem issues, and dressing helps me at least feel better, even if I'm not vastly improved in reality. I guess it could be said that our greatest challenges are against ourselves, and we can make a choice to be self-confident/magnetic and own our personas..

Andy66
11-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Ah, Kate. I think I may have had IT, then I misplaced IT... Havent seen IT in about twenty years. Sigh... I hope somebody found IT who knows how to use IT and appreciate IT.

DeeDeeB
11-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Kate,

I knew an "It" girl, my Mom in the 50s and 60s. She was the belle of local society, well into her 60s. I learned much of what I know about being a lady from her, but only occasionally do I attract as much positive attention as she did on a daily basis. All things considered, I'll take the occasional positive attention.

My favorite insight into Clara Bow is that she passed up on a potentially successful film career because she was just having too much fun partying as a flapper. There is a (serious) lesson to be learned there.

Hugs,
DeeDee :fairy1:

Majella St Gerard
11-10-2014, 06:23 PM
I got "IT" baby!

paulaprimo
11-10-2014, 07:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RJrNnRpVHg

i could only wish i had "IT"... :)