PDA

View Full Version : A good day today

Dianne S
11-04-2014, 12:55 PM
I had a really good day today. I gave my mom a lift to an appointment and then went to see my therapist, all in Dianne mode. I've been separated about four weeks now and this was the first appointment since the day after the separation... at that last appointment, I was an emotional wreck.

But today, I feel much happier and freer. A few days ago, something "clicked" in my brain and I finally feel at a gut level that transition is right for me. I think my fears and doubts had largely been self-imposed because I still thought I could save my marriage. Once that struggle was no longer necessary, everything just seemed to be clear.

I have a long way to go... many laser sessions left, probably electrolysis afterwards, and I'm only 9 weeks in on Spiro. But I feel so happy that the process is underway.

Bria
11-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Dianne, I hope your journey is as smooth as possible.

Hugs, Bria

Annaliese
11-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Understanding that there no going back, that there is only forward, you can do what is necessary to make you happy, that's the place you are at now. And it a good place, keep going.

Eringirl
11-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Hi Dianne:

Glad to hear that you are in a "Happy Place". I fear I am at the same cross roads you were at a month ago, so nice to hear you are doing okay.

Erin

I Am Paula
11-04-2014, 03:35 PM
I think we all have a 'something clicked' moment. An epiphany of sorts, when we finally realize this is what we have to do. It's always unfortunate when the marriage can't be saved, but think of it as saving your own life. Good luck!

Rachel Smith
11-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Dianne I too had to choose between life and a failing marriage. I too chose life.

Dianne S
11-04-2014, 09:37 PM
My marriage would have ended even if I weren't trans. In fact, it might have ended sooner... I probably hung in there longer than I should have out of a sense of guilt. At some level, I felt that my being transgender was contributing to my wife's unhappiness (it was) and that it was my responsibility (it wasn't.)

Thanks to everyone for their words of support and best wishes. This really feels like a new life.