PDA

View Full Version : Darn I-Phone

MWCMDarlene
11-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Well, I may have made a big mistake. My company has supplied me with an I-phone 4-S to use. I am able to do the majority of my work from a home office which allows me to spend the bigger part of the day dressed. My wife works out of the home. We have a DADT relationship in regards to my dressing. She knows of my activity, doesn't approve, wishes that I didn't dress, and she doesn't know the extent of my dressing.

Well, I was deleting some old text messages and calls from the phone and while I was attempting to delete either a call or text from my wife accidentally hit the "Face Time" button that dialed her phone with video running and the video would have showed me dressed. I thought I was able to disconnect the call, but she texted me shortly and said she saw that I had called, but she didn't get to her phone in time to answer.

Is there any chance that if she reviews the call that it will show up as a "Face Time" call with video included or will it just show as a missed call? Would like to know if the stuff is going to hit the fan when she gets home later on.

Jenniferathome
11-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Missed FaceTime calls do not hold any video information. Your camera is on you and nothing is sent until connection is made on the other side.

Heather_Shirly
11-04-2014, 04:08 PM
You are totally safe. Nothing to worry about.
One suggestion... Don't use that phone for anything personal. I am an IT Engineer for the company i work for and we have the right to take any device we give you at anytime to review it's use. I am sure your company reserves the same right for DLP purposes. While the chance of that actually happening are rare unless they are out to get you I still don't risk it and use my personal tablet for anything i am doing on the net.

Jenni Yumiko
11-04-2014, 06:57 PM
I agree, especially if you your company has air watch or jamf installed. Both are capable of taking screenshots.

Eryn
11-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Absolutely correct on the security issue. If you want to stay secure do absolutely nothing CD-related with any device or network supplied by your employer. If you're going to work while dressed at home with an employer-supplied device you'd be well advised to cover the camera. You never know when an image will be inadvertently stored on the device and the only sure source of privacy is a physical barrier over the camera.

rachel_rachel
11-05-2014, 03:44 AM
I was given an iPhone when I got my promotion at work and that's excatly what I use that phone for... Work.
My phone has a ton of pictures on it and I don't need that work phone falling into the wrong hands or being left around for all to see.

Beverley Sims
11-05-2014, 06:36 AM
Never put anything personal on a work phone.
The most personal thing I have on there is my wife's number.
If I get sprung with that I will say I am having an affair with her. :)

Krisi
11-05-2014, 07:34 AM
My work never gave me a phone but I agree with the others, don't put personal stuff on it. Or on a work computer or network.

If you think you might accidentally give someone a face shot of yourself dressed, put a piece of black tape over the camera lense and leave it there.

MWCMDarlene
11-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the information. I don't think that I have to worry about the personal info on the work phone. It is a small company and there is only one person on the staff who would have any inkling of an idea about the tech stuff. And, the only personal stuff on the phone or have ever done with it is family oriented. Again, thanks for the info and the help.

Jaylyn
11-05-2014, 03:38 PM
I agree with putting a piece of black tape over the small lens. Keep personal stuff off office issued phones. My worries are not on my I- Phone but I still am uncomfortable with things bleeding over into a face book account or that dang cloud. I try to keep my pictures on a totally differs lap top and check my personal mail on it. My I-Pad is where I go to visit on this website. My question is can things I put on the I-Pad bleed over to the I-Phone and my Lap Tops on to Facebook pages. The one lap top I use for pictures has had many advertisements popping up for CD groups and CD store advertisement. I don't want these on my I -Pad or my personal bill paying laptop or on Face Book. Hope this makes some sense to an ITech

Jenni Yumiko
11-05-2014, 04:16 PM
With handoff yes. All devices with the same iCloud id. Providing you have handoff enabled.
I have a separate work iCloud email for my work phone/Mac. So handoff just does my personal Mac personal iPhone personal ipad