PDA

View Full Version : They know

Shelby
01-25-2006, 05:23 PM
So I had mentioned my dressing up for an upcoming dinner event where I have a great excuse to publicly dress as a woman to a coworker. I work on contract a High School as the musical director along with the Choir Teacher. She's really cool about this and wants to see me at my best and even suggested that I stop in at choir to see if anyone recognizes me - don't think so. Well she mentioned it to the Band Teacher whom I work with as well in the musicals. I showed them the picture of my dress and he gets all grossed out and very uncomfortable about this. It turns out that while in college, he had a roommate CD. The Band guy would go home every weekend and the roommate would dress up. Well the Band guy came back a day early by chance and found a lady sitting in the living room who quickly dashed off to the bedroom and returned in drab. They never spoke about it - ever.

I mentioned my shopping trip to Victoria's for nylons, well his wife used to work at one and she has her CD stories. She never minded that they came in to buy, but what bothered them was when a guy would take something into the fitting room, try it on, not fit and rip or break then leave it in there. It didn't happen often, but enough. She told her husband that when a guy uses a line about a bet, or unique cover story - their lying. Fortunately they had the good manners to laugh and talk behind closed doors. They may give us great customer service as they should, but their human. I though this was worth sharing.

P.S. I have changed my name from dewdakota to Shelby, it has a more fem feel for me.

womanatheart
01-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Hello Sheby,
Welcome to cd.com!
Not knowing much but trying to offer suggestions. And let me say I am not a teacher or currently work in educaiton but had a profession a few years ago where I worked with HS educators/administrators for some 12 yrs.
Suggestions:
1. I would prepare to look for another job. One thing I know about educators - they don't like defending fringe/questionable events/topics like: cding, homosexuality, etc to administrators, family, bd mbrs or community unless they are willing risk their job. Especially without prior knowledge or preparation/thought.
2. Of all professions in the world - few in the US education system have the liberty to go out on a limb. College - more. High School - very, very few have the security to go out on a limb.
3. Good luck. What every you do; learn and be good at what you do. :angel:
Love,
Stephanie

TGMarla
01-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Huh? Hon, did you read the question before you gave the answer?

Anyway, it's a good bet that often they know, or at least they can figure it out or make a good guess. But no one has ever been rude or condescending to me whenever I have purchased "articles of clothing that were originally intended for women." (Clever how I said that, eh? How politically correct is that?) I mean, how many guys buy bras? "Gee, my wife sent me over to get her a bra because my dog ate hers....." Yeah, right. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. So if I need pantyhose or a bra, I just go and buy one. It ain't against the law.

And they know. Who cares?

susancheerleader
01-25-2006, 09:18 PM
The trouble I have with going to ANY store to get a garmet (bra, panties, etc) is that the sizes are all screwy. I've found that I wear one size, fits great. Get another make, and the same size, its' wrong. I think you NEED to try things on before you try. Otherwise, its a gamble.
As for encounters with Victoria Secret. I think I read someplace that a very big part of thier busness is to CDers. Though they won't publicly say so.

HaleyPink2000
01-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Many years ago I did go with my wife to the local Lane bryant store. I had her buy me a couple bras and matching panties. Well I wear a lot larger size than She does. She used the cover story " these are for my Mother".
Well a few weeks later I was out with some male friends for lunch when one was talking about his daughter working at Lane Bryant. He told the story about a couple that came in and the Wife bought the man several bra and pantie sets. Oh how he and all the guys did laugh about it. I just thought it was so wierd that this did happen. As the storie goes that was not the end of it. About a year later I was out to dinner with my wife. Well as it goes there was the lane Bryant girl and Her Dad at another table with their family.
She did lean over to her Dad and point to me and my Wife. Saying there is that Guy I told you about Him and his Wife and the lingerie She bought for him. I sat there like I did not see them. He came over and called me by name and said" Wow it's been along time since we did lunch. Lets do lunch sometime soon, ok?" Well I was so glad He did not bring up the clothing in front of everyone.

So, Yeah the Lady's you meet at Lane Bryant or Victoria Secrets will rat you out. LOLOL:)

Haley:)