PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing poisoned me!

JenniferYager
11-05-2014, 01:37 AM
Earlier this week I bought false nails that you stick on with glue. I figured I'd give them a trial run today, so I glued on one hands worth and painted them. After they dried, I went to take them off using nail polish remover in a facial pad, which took off all except the ring finger nail, so I poured a bit of nail polish remover in a cup and soaked the nail till it came off.

Then I realized the sink was a disaster, so I cleaned it up, cleaned up my room and hung up all my clothes. I went back to the sink to take my vitamins for the evening. I take a bunch of vitamins so I put some water in a glass and drank it...

the same glass with the nail polish remover.

It caught me by surprise and I didn't spit it out. Luckily it wasn't a lot, so I just drank a lot of water and it'll pass through my system.

Be careful girls, crossdressing can poison you if you don't pay attention!

AllieSF
11-05-2014, 01:41 AM
Maybe should have had a glass of wine in a wine glass and then there would have been no complications! I hope all "passes" well. Nice meeting you, and please return soon.

Vala
11-05-2014, 02:01 AM
I hope you won't get I'll from it. Nail polish remover is really something that should be digested.

Andy66
11-05-2014, 02:28 AM
Ew. How do you feel? Is that what the label said to do in case of ingestion, drink lots of water?

Nikki.Kontos
11-05-2014, 03:10 AM
Hope all is well!

sometimes_miss
11-05-2014, 04:31 AM
National poison control 1800 222 1 222. Tell them how much you've taken and they will help you. For everyone else, tape this number on a label or something somewhere handy in your house. I keep it written on my kitchen cabinet door where the cleaning chemicals are stored. I also have it programmed into my cell phone under 'poison'. They are helpful for all kinds of substance exposures including potential overdoses of various drugs/medications, and can tell you when you need to go to the hospital for more help.

Call now. It's free.

Marcelle
11-05-2014, 04:42 AM
Hi Jennifer I have to admit I didn't think the story would got that way. I hope you are feeling better. You may want to eat some plain pro-biotic yogurt as well to help replenish some of the good bacteria in your stomach.

Hugs

Isha

Kate Simmons
11-05-2014, 05:15 AM
Acetone will dry you out. I figure the best thing to do is drink plenty of water for a few days to neutralize it and dilute it. If you do that again you should have a designated container Hon. We learned the importance of that in HS chemistry class. We learned this jingle: "Little Willie was a chemist, Little Willie is no more. What Willie thought was H2O was H2SO4." :)

Krististeph
11-05-2014, 05:31 AM
Acetone is one of the lesser nasty solvents, actually. Not that I encourage ingestion or absorption by skin. The information on Wikipedia regarding ingestion appears to be correct as I remember it, so I'd start there.

Personally, I've never ingested it, though I've used a dab to remove the "outlast" brand lipstick, when i ran out of other options. Rinsed my mouth well & brushed my teeth twice.

I'm sure I absorb acetone via skin when i clean my nails, I do this 3-4 times a week on average, but never notice adverse effects. Do drink plenty of fluids, a well hydrated body seems to flush out nasty stuff a little easier- plus, it's more diluted in your bladder, if any gets through metabolized.

Let us know what happens!

Beverley Sims
11-05-2014, 06:19 AM
Using neat alcohol as model paint stripper has the same effect. :)

What a boost!

Allison Chaynes
11-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Don't sweat it Jennifer. My son (who was three at the time) sprayed Shout stain remover in my drink once, and I had a couple sips before I knew something was wrong. The lady at Poison Control laughed at me when I told her what happened.... I'm worried I'm gonna die, she's laughing at me. Turns out Shout is not toxic.

Krisi
11-05-2014, 10:06 AM
I make a special effort not to mix kitchen and shop containers for this very reason. Once something from the kitchen goes to the shop, it stays there.

I'm glad you're OK.

Debra Russell
11-05-2014, 12:37 PM
not to worry...... just a blonde ...moment:doh::o.................................D ebra

Jordin
11-05-2014, 12:40 PM
I find it helpful to use a small clear glass and put a dab of polish on the bottom. That way I know it's only used for my nails.

Katey888
11-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Nothing wrong with blonde moments... ;) Probably best not to repeat too often though...

I'm sure you'll be fine.. plenty of water and I understand that something from northern France, slightly effervescent and naturally fermented works wonders if consumed copiously... :D

Let us know what happens.... if you can still type and focus on a tablet screen in the days to come... :eek:

Katey x

JenniferYager
11-05-2014, 03:03 PM
I woke up this morning just fine. Have been drinking lots of water and I don't feel sick. Poison control said not to worry since it was a very small amount (less than a thimble).

Heather_Shirly
11-05-2014, 08:42 PM
I don't think crossdressing nearly poised you I think it was just absentmindedness that almost poised you!

Is absentmindedness a word even!

lol!

Seriously I am glad you are OK darling!

Isabella Ross
11-05-2014, 08:53 PM
I knew there were risks with being transgendered, but this is something I never even thought of!

BLUE ORCHID
11-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Hi Jenn, That ranks right up therewith syphoning gasoline with a piece garden hose.