PDA

View Full Version : First Dr Appointment in Cali

StephanieC
11-06-2014, 01:18 AM
In August, I moved from the Midwest to California. When it came time to find a new doctor, I was concerned with my options. After a morning of calls to numerous cranky medical providers, I found one who was civil and booked an appointment with a doctor I knew nothing about in a deserted hospital. What surprise! She was SOOO nice. And, although she had no experience with trans people, she said she was willing to learn. I left with a request for labs and a mammogram. And based on the lab results, she made one change in my meds and was researching another.

I feel blessed.

-stephani

MarieTS
11-06-2014, 01:59 AM
Great news, Stephanie! You got lucky. Good luck with your fuure appointments, I am glad you found someon you feel comfortable with!

I Am Paula
11-06-2014, 10:17 AM
I picked, or was given, a GP out of the blue. I filled out a new patient form, and the clinic said, your new Dr. is X. I was already presenting female, so a lot of the ice was broken when I walked into the room. I explained briefly my gender issues, and she said "I'll get you a referral to an endo with lots of trans experience, and my receptionist will give you the number of an excellent therapist". Talk about blind luck. She had never had a trans patient before, but knew what to do. My only complaint...she keeps referring to it as male to female conversion LOL.

pose007
11-06-2014, 11:14 AM
I also recently moved to Cali, LA to be more specific and am still looking for a GP. I have an endo, but want a General Practitioner for regular check ups and my other pains and aches which come increasingly with my age (50+). Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thank you. Tanya