PDA

View Full Version : Back with a vengeance, and you won't believe what is happening

kaleyg
11-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Well, after a 3 year break, Kaley is back. I never pretended that my break would be permanent. My wife has no idea, but in the long run, I don't think it is important for her to be involved because I don't want to integrate Kaley into my normal life. I'm hoping that Kaley is something I can do for fun in unique circumstances. Right now, I have unique circumstances. Here they are . . .

I'm on a business trip to near my hometown, and I'm staying with my mother. I thought I might dress up and go out while I was here, so instead of hiding from my mom, I told a little fib. I told her that I'm doing a "Womanless Beauty Pageant" for charity--thus my excuse to shop and dress up. She insisted on helping out, which I feel a little bad about, but things have turned out better than I could have dreamed. So, she helped me shop for a wig, dress, etc. But when I put my whole outfit on at her place, she encouraged me to stay dressed while we had dinner. So we had a ladies night in. Then, a couple days later, when we were both free, I modeled my second outfit. Again, she encouraged me to stay dressed. You won't believe what happened.

As we talked, we mentioned something like that it was a shame that I was all dressed up for nothing. So, she said we should go out. Not tonight, but on Sunday. We were already planning to go to dinner, and she said I should go dressed. I was blown away. Nervously, I agreed. So, we are going out to a nice restaurant Sunday as two girls. (She's very young and energetic--likes to go out.)

After that conversation (it was a long one), I spent the evening trying on various things of hers. A kimono from Japan, a punjabi (I think that's what it is called) from India, etc. She is encouraging me all the way. And she understands that my wife is weirded out by this sort of thing, so it is all with the greatest discretion.

Perhaps I'm headed for disaster. I don't know. But right now, I'm elated. You can see my pics on facebook if you like. Just friend me. ;-) Kaley Gardner.

***I've added a pic of us going out for drinks and apps!

Andy66
11-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Hmmm... I wonder if Mom might possibly know? ;)

Sandi Beach
11-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Sounds like she at least suspects........

Sometimes Steffi
11-06-2014, 10:37 PM
I wonder if Mom always knew...

docrobbysherry
11-07-2014, 01:43 AM
Ha ha ha! Think you're fooling mom, huh? Remember, she's a real female. They have perceptions we'll never understand.

Andy66
11-07-2014, 07:34 AM
Especially Moms.

CostaRicaRachel
11-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm no expert. My gut feel, is mothers always know or suspect.
If you dressed when you were younger, she may have known about it.

I don't know your mom, but maybe she did some research, at the time about boys
wearing women's clothes. She realized she can't do much about it and loves you
for who you are.

Her reaction does not seem to exceptionally normal just for someone going to a
womanless fashion show. I think she knows something.

Just my uneducated opinion:)

CarlaWestin
11-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Kaley, your story is wonderful. Interesting that the reaction from your Mom is so supportive. Try this one, "Mom, I've told a little fib. There is no fashion show, I just like to dress as a woman." I mean really! The golden door is wide open. Question, does Mom get along with wifey? There could be a disaster brewing or, a threesome for dinner.

Tina B.
11-07-2014, 09:12 AM
I think mom always wanted a daughter, now she has one.

kimdl93
11-07-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry, I may be way off base, but really my first thought was...sounds like a fantasy. That's ok, lots of people express their dream experiences online. If indeed this is true, there is no way Mom didn't know and frankly there's no way to keep a genie like this in the box.

Chari
11-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Reading between the lines as others have stated, "Your mother absolutely knows about your feminine side", but that IMO is wonderful! Mom can help you with all those femme things you'd have to practice, practice, practice to present as a "passable" feminine image. She would also have a new daughter/GF to go out & about with, and if things do get bad with your wife, mom may offer you a place to stay. Enjoy.

melanie206
11-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Just a thought, but if you go out with your Mom won't people who know her wonder who you are?

Katey888
11-07-2014, 11:34 AM
I think your mom knows Kaley... I think you think your mom knows too... :)

And while your mom may be the soul of discretion, some years ago you posted about your wife's reaction when discovering your stash...? :eek: Just before you dropped below the radar horizon for a few years... and now - as you say - Kaley seems back with a vengeance...?

Have you thought of line-dancing in a minefield as a pastime...? That might be better odds than your wife getting wind of this again... I hope you can keep this all under wraps... ;)

Katey x

Beverley Sims
11-07-2014, 11:42 AM
I think your mom is smarter than you think.

kaleyg
11-08-2014, 12:40 PM
To reply to a few comments . . . yes, Katey this is very risky. Maybe I'm totally kidding myself to think that "whatever happens at mom's stays at mom's." But for now, it seems safe.
To Kim, who said it sounded like a fantasy, I completely agree. But somehow, it happened. Of course, my post gave you the whole story in a sentence or two, but this has been brewing for a few months. As of now, we have dinner reservations tomorrow at 7pm. You can be sure I will produce pics! After I went out with some girls last night, I did start to chicken out a little. But I'm feeling braver today. I may post about last night's outing with JoAnn & Co. in the "special events" section later.
My mom has only lived in this city for about 12 years, and doesn't know many people. But, there is a little risk of seeing someone. Pray for us!

Sarina Curtis
11-08-2014, 12:51 PM
You gotta love moms!! I agree with Carla that a golden opportunity is presenting itself, just make sure any actions you take are well considered for all those who would be affected.

kaleyg
11-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Ok, I'm chickening out a bit. After the big night out with JoAnn and Co, my desire to go out has waned. Now it feels a little ordinary. My mom is still up for it, but not encouraging me as much.

Teresa
11-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Kaleyg,
What a dilemma you have all the stuff and you mom is encouraging you ! Can't you find a quiet restaurant and give it a go ?

Dena
11-09-2014, 09:22 PM
How often do you get invited out to dinner with your Mom, with you dressed up? You'll regret it if you don't do it!

kaleyg
11-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Ok, so we went out but I didn't dress. I'm sooo glad I didn't, because the restaurant was crowded and we had to stand in the lobby and wait for nearly 15 minutes (and we had a reservation). I would've been a mess. I know I only pass maybe 50-60%, so I would've made a scene. I was out with some friends beforehand, and rather then rush off to get ready, I stayed and enjoyed the rare chance to really connect with them. So, nothing to show. She did suggest that since I didn't get to dress up, we should go out to another local bar for drinks tomorrow night that is walking distance. I'm thinking about it . . . It would be lower profile. We'll see.

BLUE ORCHID
11-09-2014, 09:55 PM
O' Yea Mom knows !

Julie Denier
11-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Nice pic, Kaley! I think you look great ;)

charlenesomeone
11-10-2014, 04:16 AM
Nice pics, do you want Mom to know, or suspect she does?
Now is your chance.

Amanda L.
11-10-2014, 05:43 AM
Nice pic Kaley.
You do stand out in that cute red dress. BTW who is the hotty with the one shoulder strap dress to your left? What a babe. (he he)
Oh and in case your missing the subtleties of the girls before me, yep! Mum knows.
But that's awesome to be able to share Kaley with your mum, she must be one cool lady.
Luv
Amanda

lilly_may
11-10-2014, 07:34 AM
What a lovely pic, look like a great bunch. Not a lot get past Mums. When I came out to mine she was not at all shocked as she kinda knew in her heart.

siantv2003
11-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Like those who have gone before me, I think Mom knows and is just waiting for you to tell her in your own time. She seems very accepting so go for it - look forward to hearing how it goes.

On the other hand, as Katy said, I think you're dancing in a minefield as far as your wife is concerned. Please be careful - think about her as well as yourself.

Sissy_Michelle
11-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Kaley,
You are headed for disaster. Shouldn't keep secrets from the ones your most close to. They will find out. You seem to trust your mom and she does know. Speak to her and disclose everything. You will feel much better once you have someone to speak with and share your feelings with. Speak with your wife about your feelings, she may be more supportive than you think.

@--}---

Judith96a
11-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Kaley,
Just to echo what others have said... I think that it's a safe bet that your Mum had you rumbled! She either knows or suspects so strongly that you have now confirmed her suspicions!
The big question is, will what happens at Mum's stay at Mum's? My Mum is the only one in my family who knows but she is so snobbish that my secret is safe with her - she'd be more mortified than me if it ever got out! As for her telling my wife... they're barely speaking (mother having been horrible to my wife once too often) so even if she did, my wife would probably assume that the story was made up out of sheer spite!
The real question is, how discreet is your Mum? And on how good terms is she with your wife? If the corresponding answers are "not desperately" or "very" (in that order) then you are toast!
Good luck. My gut reckons that you're gonna need it!

Jorja
11-10-2014, 11:02 AM
You are the one at the far left of the picture ;). Nah, just kidding! Oh, Mom knows or really suspects.

kaleyg
11-12-2014, 08:50 PM
As a follow up to this post, here's a pic of me and my mom out having margaritas! I have her permission to post, but she still wanted me to protect her identity, just in case. So I added a cute pink circle! : )235801 We went to an outdoor bar near her house -- walking distance so we could have all the margaritas we wanted! The waitress was wonderful, calling us "ladies" the whole time and taking a few pics. I'm not crazy about how they came out, but at least I have the memory.

DonnaT
11-13-2014, 04:32 PM
I think your mom enjoys having a daughter to share experiences and spend time with. Let her know you feel the same way.

donnalee
11-14-2014, 07:35 AM
It seems she is discretely trying to show you that she knows and accepts you as you are, but she doesn't want to be too abrupt about it and scare you back into the closet. I'm sure she has known for a very long time and has kept silent until you were ready to tell her. So tell her; it isn't that much more of a reveal!

Claire Cook
11-14-2014, 08:16 AM
I think your mom enjoys having a daughter to share experiences and spend time with. Let her know you feel the same way.

Yes indeed! Hopefully it will open new avenues for both of you. BTW, you both look like you are enjoying it -- as I'm sure that you did.