PDA

View Full Version : Blue Skies

ReluctantDebutant
11-08-2014, 11:11 AM
I had never heard the term Pink Fog until I visited this site. I found the term very apt for what I was experiencing. Cross-dressing would feel very much like being lost in feminine mist of euphoria. It could be exciting, thrilling, joyous, but like real fog; blinding and full uncertainty.

So what would be the opposite of Pink Fog? Blue Sky? Where things are more masculine and more clear. I have been on the longest stretch of Blue Skies in recent memory and I have been enjoying it. Where Pink fog had its bouts of sensational delights, Blue Skies has a tranquil inner peace to it. Things are calm and in focus. I don't feel the stresses to life that comes with feelings of need to be in feminine clothing. I love this feeling. I want this feeling to last. I want to sing; " Nothing but blue skies from now on..." But the past warns me I can't. But I can hope. I do believe something is different now, it feels different. Time will only tell.

Sarah Doepner
11-08-2014, 11:48 AM
I've had my "blue skies" times, keeping busy and being productive. But as day fades into night those big puffy clouds on the horizon start to glow pink, and I know what's coming as things cycle back and forth. While it's not as regular as night and day, it seems to be as ineveitable. The goal, as so many here like to say, is to find that balance so we can enjoy which ever aspect is in view at the time.

Allisa
11-08-2014, 07:50 PM
WOW sounds like a post I would have submitted a year or so ago and I hate to be the harbinger of bad news but as many others have said the "fog" comes back and many times with a vengeance. I'm not saying for you to give in to it but I finally did and opened up a whole new world and found a sort of peace and contentment with my real self. Good-luck in your journey and keep us informed.

Beverley Sims
11-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Blue skies takes hold when you have other interests that involve you, such as a new girlfriend or some exciting up and coming activity or event.
When these die down and become less interesting.....
Watch the weather forecast for more pink fog. :)

Jenny Elwood
11-09-2014, 08:05 AM
That is excellent news RD. Long (hopefully indefinitely) may it continue for you. Don't be reluctant to share some of that magic potion with some other reluctant crossdressers like myself. I could sure have me some of that blue skies.

Regards

-Jen-

ReluctantDebutant
11-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Jenny

It isn't so much a potion as it is exercise. When I finally decided to really quit it was about starting off slow and just see how long I could resist the urges then try for a longer time then try again and again till days turn to weeks and weeks turned to months. At the same time shortening the duration dressed.

Don't set some unrealistic goal of never cross-dressing again. You will. My personal goal is to keep it form having a major effect on my life. If you set the goal to never cross-dress again and you slip up it is easy then to feel defeated and give up for good.

Don't think that cross-dressing will stop being a source of pleasure. the feelings may lessen or seem unimportant for a while but when they come back and you are unprepared for them they will bowl you over. For me I keep it as a healthy fantasy from time to time though I do fantasize about it less now. It is just a reminder of it and keeps me prepared.

Know what triggers cross-dressing and know what triggers not cross-dressing avoid the former do a lot of the latter.

Wait. Pink fog comes but it also goes.Before the fog comes light a bright beacon light to show you the way and focus on that: wife, family, beliefs, dreams, career, whatever. Every wave has a crest and a trough. Like being at the beach, hop over the crest to keep your head from going under. Hard to do in deep water so try to get to more shallow water.

PM me for more tips.

Remember Cross-dressing isn't categorically wrong or evil. It is just not right for every life.

Diana1517
11-09-2014, 06:59 PM
It feels like freedom.... like heaven....

Jenny Elwood
11-10-2014, 02:42 AM
Hi RD

I did manage once to quit cold-turkey for five years. Not a single thought, not one. Whenever I got even the faintest whiff of the ' fog I'd force my thoughts in a different direction and I'd be good. Suppression I suppose, not real freedom as you seem to experience. I got depressed to the point of going to bed not caring if I'd wake up the next day. Never suicidal just indifferent to living. Our sex-life suffered as I got indifferent to that as well. My family also bore the brunt of the unsmiling, absent father. I would dearly love to be free of crossdressing, it is just the fear of getting to that state again that keeps me locked in from trying again. If I could just find a way to that happy/joyous place beyond the insurmountable mountain that is crossdressing in my life. But I understand your system of breaking it down to smaller steps and not being too hard on yourself if you fail, as opposed to the cold-turkey way of before. It is still a mountain though and you will never conquer it if you go back to the base every time. I suppose I just need to get desperate enough again to try.

This is way too heavy for a Monday morning...

Tina B.
11-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Good that it is working for you, been there, and done that, didn't like the results for me. I've spent years without dressing, and was fine not dressing. But sooner or later the desire comes up again and again, and each time it is denied, it comes back with a stronger pull, and leaves me a bitter wreck, sullen, filled with anger, and depressed to the point of being useless to anyone including myself.
I know it is different than most, but not dressing almost cost me my marriage, and giving into it saved it.
I'm a very happy easy going person, and all it took was an accepting wife, and a small wardrobe.
I know there are many here that would love to give it up, if for no other reason than to please a wife, but for some of us, giving up dressing is just not an option. But it is nice to think someone can give it up if they want.