PDA

View Full Version : Has this happened to you?

samantha rogers
11-09-2014, 06:55 AM
I mentioned recently that I was ma'amed a couple of times while out with my wife. Well, it happened a couple more times yesterday. Both times I was in drab...lol...just like before. I think it is just my hair, which is getting quite long now. My wife disagrees and says I am more female in appearance now than I know.That would be nice as I would love to one day be accepted for myself without wig and with only minimal makeup. but I am guessing the truth is in between. You can decide that yourself from the pic I posted. Im too much of a pessimist to put much stock in that happening, and feel I will always need the extra trappings...wig, makeup, dress. But when people do see me as female now I confess it brings me great joy.:o
On another subject...friends finally convinced me to start a Facebook page. Yesterday, after a day with a page, I got a friend request from a girl, Amy, that I did not know but who was friends with three other friends. Ok, so, what the heck...I accepted her.
I immediately received an instant message, which in broken English coneyed that "Amy was actually a male in Tel Aviv, and asking if...."you want make marriage with me?"
:eek:
My friend Donna suggested I should have accepted and asked for a plane ticket and $30000 travel money by paypal. But I simply blocked poor "Amy" My wife and I were laughing about this for a long time.
Still, as things go, it was a decent day. Getting ma'amed and then a marriage proposal may not be as much fun as going dancing or as meaningful as other stuff, but for a quiet Saturday, I'll take it.:heehee:

Marcelle
11-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Hi Sammie,

LOL . . . ma'amed and a marriage proposal . . . I think you will be fine going out with minimal make-up, no wig and just being Samantha :). I truly believe we are our own worst critics when it comes to how we look and present. I always concede that I will get read each time I go out but my wife and several GG friends say that is not actually the case and it is plausible that many only see an older woman when I am out (bless them for being so nice). I have looked at the picture you posted and I truly believe with your longer hair (coiffed in femme style, minimal make-up and girl clothes people will see a woman . . . don't be so hard on yourself sweetie.

Hugs

Isha

Teresa
11-09-2014, 07:25 AM
Samantha,
I guess just enjoy what you have and be more confident with a natural look obviously people are OK with it !

Looks like your off to a Kibbutz and you were trying to get away from slave labour !!

Am I right in thinking that Facebook has all rights to any entries and can use pictures as they choose also you cannot remove or delete personal details ? The forum is the only online facility I choose to use but then we can't delete our membership, as far as I know !

samantha rogers
11-09-2014, 07:35 AM
Teresa, I don't know the exact details about what FB can and cannot do with postings. I know you can delete some things, but, really, on the net, once you post anything anywhere you lose control of it. I am afraid I have stopped caring. I'm now on about six different tg sites, so its only a matter of time before somehow I am outed, but honestly I just dont really care anymore. This is who I am.

MsVal
11-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Now, didn't that just make you day, hon?

It's about normal for people to be their own worst critic. In that context, you are normal.

I think "the woman in you" is now "the woman you", and it is obvious. You have not only the presentation, but the heart of a woman.

Best wishes
MsVal

Teresa
11-09-2014, 07:40 AM
Samantha, In that case you have fame forever ! Until all the hard drives fail !!

BLUE ORCHID
11-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Facebook, be careful what you wish for !

Beverley Sims
11-09-2014, 09:07 AM
The first one happens frequently with my hooded coat and boots.
Face book???
What's that??????
And I will keep it that way.
It is too intrusive.
Iam not really happy about having a gmail account.

Dorit
11-09-2014, 09:17 AM
I am sad to admit that Tel Aviv is the "Spam" capitol of the world! The marriage proposal was not even for real. :battingeyelashes: My Israel ISP often gets blocked by other servers geographical spam blockers. By the way, I really enjoy your posts.

samantha rogers
11-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Oh, I never thought it was, Devorah...lol...I just thought it was funny. Oh, and thanks!

CarlaWestin
11-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Samantha, too bad you didn't take him up on the proposal. Have you ever been to a Jewish wedding? They're wonderful!

Mazel Tov!

samantha rogers
11-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Yes a couple of them, Carla, and you are right. They are lots of fun. :-)
Of course, my wife is Greek...have I said enough in the area of fun weddings? Lol

kimdl93
11-09-2014, 10:54 PM
So you not want make marriage....cannot we still make friends?

Dorit
11-10-2014, 01:03 AM
Actually Tel Aviv is very LGBT friendly. We don't live there, but my wife and I are considering trying our first outing as "sisters" in that city. Maybe we could check out your suitor for you?

Adriana Moretti
11-10-2014, 01:26 AM
ha ha.....yea stay away from anything on facebook from weird countries.......thats like opening a can of worms.

Kate Simmons
11-10-2014, 07:00 AM
Sometimes I let them go for awhile before blocking them just to see what they say. I've heard where some scam artists will string you along for a year or so before asking for money. I usually do a search on them to see if what they claim is legit. It usually isn't an no such person exists. Amazing how some people scam others for a living with no conscience whatsoever.