PDA

View Full Version : From high to lows within minutes

Christie ann
11-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Shopping earlier today I get someone At the register telling co workers that they can help "her" meaning me. Then, within minutes at a different spot in the store. The clerk says " I can help you sir"

do they cancel out? Does the "her" count more than the automatic "sir"? Oh well who is keeping score anyway.

Beverley Sims
11-13-2014, 04:16 PM
People look quickly at just one feature and say next please! Sir or M'aam are just incidental.

Christie ann
11-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Incidental yes. Did it make my day kinda.

Lexi Moralas
11-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Why is there always one smart ass S A
that's has to throw out a sir Just to let you know you didn't fool them !

Sarasometimes
11-13-2014, 06:35 PM
The right pronoun is heavenly to hear, of course I mean she, her, maam...The contrary at times is a buzz kill for me.

CynthiaD
11-13-2014, 06:44 PM
No, the "sirs" and the "ma'ams" don't cancel out. Only the ma'ams count. The sirs are just noise.

NicoleScott
11-14-2014, 08:57 AM
You didn't say how you presented - as a male, female, or some of both, or neither. But if you presented as a woman, you should have been addressed as such. It would be a good thing to send a letter or e-mail to the store manager/owner to remind employees that they should address their CUSTOMERS as they present themselves, and not try to figure out their biological sex. And when in doubt, avoid words with a gender/sex association ("May I help you?" is good enough).