PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing might have saved my life.

Alleyne66
11-14-2014, 09:47 AM
In a literal sence not just psychologically.
Was shaving my legs the other day and was putting in some extra effort this time to get every tiny spot of hair when I noticed a little black spot on the outside of my thigh that I never saw before. Just a mole I thought but the colour was just to dark. It also had an irregular shape and it didnt feel smooth...
the first thing that crossed my mind was melanoma... Cancer of the skin... Called the doctor for an appointment this evening, here is me hoping it is a false alarm. Fingers crossed.

Linda Leigh
11-14-2014, 10:21 AM
Hoping it is harmless or that you caught it in time. I have had it twice and was removed completely each time :) I had no problems after each time !!

Hugs

Linda Leigh

ChristyN246
11-14-2014, 10:45 AM
I hope it turns out to be nothing!

Katey888
11-14-2014, 01:16 PM
I've had a few of those, Alleyne.... sadly a result of anno domini as much as anything... :(

Most of them will turn out to be completely benign so try not to worry... :hugs: but you are right to get it checked out asap.

I understand there is a skin cancer time bomb building up in our western demographics from decades of looking tanned and 'healthy'... it's all out of a bottle now for me - let's just hope there's no nasty chemicals in self-tanners... :facepalm:

Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine!

Katey x

Alleyne66
11-15-2014, 04:13 AM
Well, its gone now, had it removed. Not exactly a fun experience.
The doctor said it will probably be nothing but I couldn't feel secure with that spot there.

Thanks for the support!

lingerieLiz
11-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Everyone needs a good dermatologist and should see the doctor at least yearly or more as he determines. Skin cancers caught early are not a problem and can be removed. I've lost two friends who died from melanoma. They didn't pay attention to their skin until it was too late. Most of us can't tell the difference between sun spots and cancer.

Maria 60
11-16-2014, 10:47 AM
That's amazing, who would have ever thought crossdressing would one day make our lives better.