PDA

View Full Version : Time spent thinking of crossdressing ?

Terri Semes
11-16-2014, 01:04 PM
How much time are your thoughts on crossdressing during your days or times not dressing ?
I find that it has become my constant companion , don't dress much but it is always somewhere in my thoughts .
Is this normal or an obsession ?

Alice Torn
11-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Same here. Not dressing more than tights and panties under, think a great deal about it.

Lee Andrews
11-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Me too. Somewhere, somehow it always works it's way into my thoughts during the course of a day.

Ashley84
11-16-2014, 01:23 PM
sort of varies day by day, but generally i think about it alot! especially if im bored.

Beverley Sims
11-16-2014, 01:36 PM
I don't just think about it. :)

Requal Jo
11-16-2014, 01:39 PM
It is in my thoughts a majority of the time. Dress when I can, which is not often enough.

Maria 60
11-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Well I am not going to lie, mostly for me when driving or stuck in traffic, I think about what I maybe want to wear next time or seen a women dressed a certain way and try to copy that.

Melanie Z
11-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Basically same as what Ashley said. Even when I go for long periods without dressing, I rarley go a day without thinking about it.

It's only an obsession if it interferes with your life.

vicky_cd99_2
11-16-2014, 01:49 PM
How can you not think about it. I sit in the drivers seat for hours on end everyday. I have so much time to think. Sometimes I think I think too much about stuff.

CynthiaD
11-16-2014, 01:59 PM
When you first start to accept this as a natural part of yourself, you'll think about it all the time. It's a new aspect of yourself that you have to put into perspective. Eventually you'll get used to the idea, and it will become just another part of your life, like eating lunch or driving to work. Then you will think about it less. This assumes, of course, that you have sufficient time to express this part of yourself. If you are forced to suppress this side of yourself, you will mos likely continue to obsess about it.

Michelle 78
11-16-2014, 02:25 PM
I must admit dressing is never far away in my thoughts, even more so when I can't get time to be Michelle for a while, mostly because of work and family commitments. As others have said, I spend most of my time thinking about what I want to wear next time. I find this site helps a lot and I like to online shop & browse that seems to fill in the gap. It can become a bit of an obsession if you let it.

Teresa
11-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Terri,
The urge is always there ! Over the years I've just accepted that I have to work around it !
At the moment it's become like a solid wall and find it more difficult to get over it ! It's taken over more than ever at the moment !

ReineD
11-16-2014, 03:05 PM
It varies for my SO. There were years when the thoughts seemed to be constant, but this was because s/he had an internal need to create balance by giving the femme expression as much freedom as the male expression. As long as there were barriers, his/her innate need for true balance was not fulfilled and there seemed to be a constant quest for creating that balance, a "pull" towards the femme self because it had not yet caught up to the male self.

But then my SO structured his/her life to give herself as much freedom as possible and when this was attained (it took years and lots of going out and interacting with others while dressed), my SO eventually internalized the idea that s/he could present according to the elasticity of his/her needs. When this happened, it was HIS choice on any given day to not dress and so the thoughts of constantly dressing abated and a true balance was reached. It's difficult to describe.

Cynthia above describes it well: as long as there is suppression, there will be constant need.

AnneC
11-16-2014, 04:24 PM
I think about it a lot. No constantly, but some time each day and have been this way for years and years. It often comes to mind if I see a woman with something on I like and think: "Gee, I'd look good in that". I don't think my thoughts have ever completely taken over, but they are there and I kind of like it that way.

Nikkilovesdresses
11-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Everybody thinks about themselves most of the time, so don't worry- you're perfectly normal, just a normal person obsessed with crossdressing. Welcome to the club!

Nikki

justmetoo
11-16-2014, 05:49 PM
CynthiaD described it well for me, too. I think about all sorts of things, hobbies, work, family, friends, life, politics, etc., etc. There are certainly times (whole days even) where I don't think about CDing at all. Other times when some thoughts enter my head. And times where it's one of the main things on my mind (usually when I'm going to be going out soon and I'm planning what to wear and such; or sometimes, when I see a woman wearing a great outfit, looking very pretty or stylish). Similar to when I am dressing, over the course of the "session" I become less conscious of how I'm dressed and it just becomes part of who I am. It makes sense that you might think about it more if you don't get a chance to dress as often as you want or need to. If it's not causing issues then that's okay.

Janine cd
11-16-2014, 06:15 PM
I find that as I grow older, the thought of crossdressing is on my mind throughout the day. There are seldom times when I forget about dressing up totally.

Madilyn A.
11-16-2014, 06:28 PM
I have nearly always everyday since my youth thought about it. Now it totally on my mind always.

Anna H
11-16-2014, 06:39 PM
i do it always now, so i don't even think of it as CD'ing
anymore. it's just usual and normal. the only time i do
think about it is if i have to go out and i may change my
pink boots to my brown ones....(the pink ones are pret-ty
girly looking....lol)

or if i have to wear my guy work boots working in the yard...
then i feel like i'm 'mixed dressed', and can't wait to get them
off.

it used to be on my mind always-always when i couldn't do
it. it was even very depressing and very frustrating. but, now
i can get by with doing it all the time, so it makes me feel
much better. and 'normal' and very happy actually. don't know
why, but it does....

:)

iGenny
11-16-2014, 07:06 PM
I think about it pretty much every day, and quite often it's because I see a GG and think, "I could pull that off," or, "I wonder where she got that?"

Yoshisaur
11-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Yeah for me its a quite often everyday even though I haven't gotten to lately.

Melissa18
11-16-2014, 08:37 PM
My whole life the thought to dress has been there, my first hought inthe morning, is what would I wear today if I could. During the day it is would I be able to wear that, and my last thought before sleep is I hope I wake as a female.
Its me and I deal with it
Adelaide

Sarina Curtis
11-16-2014, 08:47 PM
When I have time to let my thoughts idle I am thinking about dressing. My job does keep me busy and mentally engaged which helps in keeping from becoming obsessive.

krissy
11-16-2014, 08:59 PM
Every day for me cant get enough:daydreaming:

Christie ann
11-16-2014, 09:31 PM
I don't think a day goes by without thinking of not necessarily cross dressing but of wanting to be a girl.

Terri Semes
11-16-2014, 09:37 PM
I appear to have lots of company with my thoughts ,especially Vicki ,in the drivers seat a lot of the time .

Adriana Moretti
11-16-2014, 11:22 PM
does thinking about shopping count? I am constantly planning my next outfit, or thinking of how to blow my next paycheck. I also think about what i am eating, and if it will have a positive or negative effect on my waistline.

MissTee
11-16-2014, 11:48 PM
Reine summed it up. I don't go out dressed and don't want to, but I am usually able to dress freely in my home. If I have to go a long time without, or there's a containment field thrown up around when I can, then I think about it more. Makes sense because dressing is my release. When I don't have that release I become emotionally constipated.

Christen
11-17-2014, 12:39 AM
Terri, it's absolutely normal. For us that is.

Christen x

Lacey New
11-17-2014, 05:23 AM
I won't say that it is constant. when I'm involved in a project or work or some activity requiring some thought or concentration, then no. But when I see a well dressed woman, my thoughts will turn to the clothes she's wearing and what it might be like to wear the same (as if I could - ha!) I also find myself thinking about dressing more the longer I have been away from it. I will start window shopping online planning my next shopping trip and start squirrelling cash away for my next purchases.

Kate Simmons
11-17-2014, 05:37 AM
I used to constantly plot and plan about when I would be dressed next and it seemed to be an obsession. Once I got in touch with all of my feelings and made it a total choice of whether to do it or not, that happens no longer. If the opportunity arises I enjoy it, otherwise no big loss. :)

njcddresser
11-17-2014, 07:06 AM
I feel I've moved beyond thinking about it a lot . I've accepted that this is who I am and embrace my feminine self.

I certainly have lots of feminine thoughts through out my day but it is much more than just about Crossdressing.

Tracy Hazel Lee
11-17-2014, 01:06 PM
If I'm anticipating having some time later in the day that I can dress, I am thinking about it very frequently up until I dress... After that, I am planning on when I can dress next. 24hrs? 48hrs? Days? I pretty much know exactly when the next opportunity will come. So yeah... I'm pretty much always thinking about it. :daydreaming:

The best times are when you didn't expect that you'd have a few hours to yourself. Aww YEAH!

RobynT
11-17-2014, 03:42 PM
It comes and goes with me, but i usually find that i would rather be dressed in frillies, rather than the other....

Savannah_Skye
11-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Think about it a lot too...especially when I'm bored but the way I see it most of the people I hang out with think about movies, sports, hobbies, other interests and so forth a lot. I just have something else to ponder. I have fashion standards to maintain as a lady anyway.

Vicky Peters
11-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Yes, I think about dressing all the time. The thoughts can be triggered by someone on TV, in a store or my wife. Then the plan, when can I dress, sometimes the plan comes together and it is later in the day. My wife is going shopping this afternoon and I will be dressed for a couple of hours.

Katey888
11-18-2014, 11:49 AM
As others have said Terri... For us, it is a normal obsession. :)

It's not 100% of the time for me... not in detail - I can be totally distracted by other activities - but it pops in and out of my psyche on a constant basis, sometimes unexpectedly, sometimes planned.

Don't sweat it... but make notes... :)

Katey x

Contessa
11-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Hi All

I have noticed one thing since I began on this journey. People are afraid or fearful about a lot of things. Other people mainly though. I wasn't I guess, by that I mean myself "Contessa" isn't afraid. My former male self was though. I am glad he's gone though, he is who would cause confusion. Dressing isn't on my mind although how to dress might be. I still need a skirt with a belt and I want bangle bracelets. Dressing still effects me just in the way I want. No I don't think about it much at all.

Don't read all the other posts/replies before you answer. I think there will be a difference in your answer.

Tess

Athena_
11-18-2014, 03:54 PM
I have to agree with some of the others, Crossdressing is often on my mind. I am always looking forward to the next time that I can dress. I don't have a great deal of free and alone time, so I plan to dress for more often than I actually dress. When do I think about Cross Dressing:

1. When I getting dressed (in boy clothes) in the Morning.
2. When I am being careful of my portion sizes durning every meal.
3. (Sometimes) When I see a woman dressed nicely.
4. Driving.
5. Whenever I am on our site here (obviously).
6. Surfing the web.
7. Doing laundy.
8. .....

sometimes_miss
11-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Is this normal or an obsession ?
Not sure if it qualifies as an obsession. Maybe depends on why you're doing it? All I can say is that when I'm dressed as a male, I always feel like I'm wearing a costume, when the mind isn't busy focusing on whatever task I'm doing at the moment. Comes from the gender dysphoria generated by being brought up to believe that I was really supposed to be a girl, so there's always this underlying residual feeling of that which never seems to go away. It's not an overwhelming obsession, but it never goes away completely, until I eventually put on the clothes that I think I should be wearing. Then I feel normal.

Tina_gm
11-18-2014, 05:11 PM
As others have said Terri... For us, it is a normal obsession. :)

It's not 100% of the time for me... not in detail - I can be totally distracted by other activities - but it pops in and out of my psyche on a constant basis, sometimes unexpectedly, sometimes planned.

Don't sweat it... but make notes... :)

Katey xI was gonna say almost exactly that for myself.

NicoleScott
11-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Pretty much like Tracy Hazel Lee said (post#33). I anticipate my next dressup session, and use the time until then to plan rather than agonize over the wait.

Karolyn
11-18-2014, 11:27 PM
Usually, I don't think about it all at work, but the rest of the time, it's a lot. Every evening at least.

Having this kind of daily break from crossdressing makes me appreciate it even more when I come back home and change my clothes. It's like any fun activity: to not make it a boring routine, take a short break and come back to it, the excitement is better. That works at least for me.

shelly1
11-19-2014, 09:46 AM
I constantly think about it when I am not dressed

Sallyfrillyknickers
11-19-2014, 09:53 AM
Constantly all day. I look at a gg and think 'yeah I could wear that' or 'don't like that' or mostly 'love them shoes'. Dressing is never far away from my thoughts.

RachelsMantra
11-19-2014, 03:40 PM
It comes and goes, like others have said. I would go months without thinking about dressing but then all of a sudden be obsessed. Since my wife left me I have been in an "obsessive mode" lately to the point where I think about it a lot when I am not actively working. And even during class or when Im walking to class or driving I think about how good it will feel to wear femme clothes. After I...relieve myself...the urges often die down considerably but soon enough my interest is rekindled and I start thinking about the next time I will dress fully, put on makeup, etc.

Nanny Logan
12-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Every day. In fact, when I'm walking down the street and I see a pretty girl, first I think "OMG", and immediately I imagine wearing her clothes.

Justice327
12-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Every day. In fact, when I'm walking down the street and I see a pretty girl, first I think "OMG", and immediately I imagine wearing her clothes.

I completely do that too!!!!!!