PDA

View Full Version : What am I considered?

SerephineStar
11-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone I'm relatively new here to the website, I think I only posted once before but that was a while ago now. I've been crossdressing occasionally for roughly about 7 years now, hiding female stuff in your room when I was a 12 year old was really really hard. I like to crossdress but I don't crossdress often enough to consider myself as a crossdresser. I can't really call myself a Cosplayer either since I don't have any cosplaying stuff. I crossdress occasionally but I do wear female stuff to sleep quite often (camis and panties). I know this is a pretty dumb question to ask but hey, I need to be active in the forums :) Might as well try at least XD

If anyone is curious as too what I look like feel free to ask as I'm not posting pictures up here at the moment.

IdahoPanty
11-18-2014, 01:20 PM
I consider myself a person with an appreciation for my feminine side.

Cheryl Ann Owens
11-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Given the information you present, it might be difficult for me and others (especially me) to answer your question. I think it's only something you can answer. I see in your profile that you are 19 and started limited dressing when you were 12. That sounds like my start at about 12. Unless some of the seasoned CD's here can offer something better I'd just say that you may progress at a rate that is comfortable for you to explore. I presume you may still live at home. If that's the case you will have some challenges especially with parents. I personally think, and it's only my opinion and nothing else, that you may have to decide which directions you might take if crossdressing is to be a part of your life. In time you will define yourself. (Call for help from others here!)

Cheryl

Cheryl T
11-18-2014, 01:36 PM
My question would be....Do you really need a label??
Just enjoy it and be yourself. Stop wondering what "category" you fall into. That trap has caught far too many of us.

Sandra
11-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Cheryl T is right...Just be yourself and enjoy what you do no matter how often you do it.

Shelly Preston
11-18-2014, 01:50 PM
There is no need to worry about labels as long as you are happy.

reb.femme
11-18-2014, 02:27 PM
I like to crossdress but I don't crossdress often enough to consider myself as a crossdresser. I can't really call myself a Cosplayer either since I don't have any cosplaying stuff. I crossdress occasionally but I do wear female stuff to sleep quite often (camis and panties). ...

Hi SerephineStar,

If you've been lurking around these pages for a while, you'll certainly be familiar with the labels game, so don't try to pigeon hole yourself. Let me do it! :devil:

In the good old world of labels, anyone who wears girlie clothes is a cross dresser for me,.......it's how I am anyway. I started about age 10 and still loving it in my 50s. We don't instantly declare ourselves to the world at large as hetero, bi or gay, so why get hung up on your other unique, defining characteristics? Just enjoy, especially the camis and panties bit. :o

Oh,...and what are you to be considered? Normal....unless you are a mass murderer or something really out of the ordinary...like an alien etc. etc.

Rebecca (barely able to remember when I was 19)

Angie G
11-18-2014, 02:47 PM
If you are a crpssdresser would that be a bad thing .I don't think so. If it feels good just do it hun. Your not hurting anybody so just enjoy what you like to do.:hugs:
Angie

NicoleScott
11-18-2014, 03:11 PM
You're new here, and be warned that you have open the can of label-hater worms. I think labels are useful, and you asked, so....
You don't have to dress often or completely (head-to-toe transformation) to be called a crossdresser. Many members dress very seldom, sometimes only once a year as opportunities allow. Some wear only one or a few items, and others dress and make up completely. What would really help is to know why you crossdress. Do you have a feminine internal identity that likes to express itself by dressing in feminine things? Do you get sexually aroused by women's clothes? Do you like the comfort, the feel of the fabrics? What would you like to do with your crossdressing: go out, stay in, share it with a girl/boy friend? Do you want to be, or wish that you're a girl/woman? In any case, the answers to these questions are just modifiers to "crossdresser", for the information given.

Kate Simmons
11-18-2014, 03:17 PM
I think you are yourself. Can't be any wrong guess with that one. :)

DonnaT
11-18-2014, 03:53 PM
If you like wearing clothes originally designed for women, you are a crossdresser. Not sure why so many seem to not want to place a label on you, since you did ask.

Is a label necessary? Only for your own self-identifier. But there's no shame in identifying as a crossdresser, so what's the big deal?

Katey888
11-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Serephine - maybe you should just consider yourself comfortable... :)

However - like Nicole :) I'd also consider categories useful (trust me - 3 decades of marketing tends to hone ones cluster analysis...) - rather than think of them as labels, because for me labels are things that communicate contents - and we don't really wear these labels. Let's face it, most of the members here (me included) are more than happy to wear an ' ISO standard boring male' facade for much, if not the majority of the time... What does that label really say..? Confused? Prudent? Pretending...? :confused:

But categories can help us and others to understand what we do and why we're motivated to do it. If you wear female stuff to sleep in just because it's comfy, does that make you a crossdresser? No - not in my opinion. If you wear it because it's comfy and it engenders some other feeling - arousal, peace, satisfaction, stimulation, contentment... whatever - then there's something else going on and it's likely you'll come back to this... then I'd say you're a crossdresser. :)

But which type...? :eek:

New balls please... another thread anyone...?

Katey x

Teresa
11-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Please don't worry about labels but don't be ashamed of being a Cder ! If that's what you have a need for sometimes then go with it !
Don't forget you're not the only one so you won't be alone and if you stick with this forum you'll get plenty of help and support !

Alice Torn
11-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Well, Bruce Jenner is an Olympic triathelon winner, and late in life crossdresser. He has two labels. . Transvestite is another label you or i could have. I wonder , since we dress up, if we can go be Olympic triathelon winners, now? Just be you, with your different aspects.

Ressie
11-18-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm with NicoleScott. You're a crossdresser. To be more specific I would say you're a closet CD like many others are. If you don't want a label, just say that you're a guy that has crossdressed in the past and will mostly likely do it in the future. That is, unless you're not a guy!

I'm pretty sure you can't post photos until you've made 10 posts. Welcome Serephine ;)

Beverley Sims
11-18-2014, 06:24 PM
See what others have to say and then give your views on the subject.
Just be your natural self and you will soon get the idea.
Welcome also to the forum.

kimdl93
11-18-2014, 08:12 PM
It's safe to consider yourself a cross dresser, but your under no obligation to be anything other than yourself.

Jenniferathome
11-18-2014, 10:02 PM
.. I crossdress occasionally but I do wear female stuff to sleep quite often ...

= you are a cross dresser

carahawkwind
11-18-2014, 10:30 PM
I don't really dress all that often relative to many other people here, but crossdresser I think is fine as a generic label. If was I talking to about someone about it, I'd probably say that I sometimes crossdress, but try to give more detail about how often I do it and how far I go with it.

Hell on Heels
11-18-2014, 11:05 PM
Hell-o Serephine,
You stated that you like to crossdress, and crossdress occasionally.
Well? I believe the rule book clearly states;
A crossdresser is a person that wears the clothing designed to be worn by the opposite gender.
No mention of regularities are stated.
Maybe my rule book is out of date?
As others have said, just enjoy being yourself, no single word can define a person!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Karolyn
11-18-2014, 11:19 PM
I spend most of my time wearing woman night clothes for the comfort (camis, robes, PJs, gowns). It's a routine now, and it does not even feel "wrong". After a while, when looking at the mirror, you will feel that there is nothing special about it. It's just you. Maybe in that specific case, when you just get comfort and nothing else, maybe you are not a full crossdresser, as Katey suggested.

But even if you consider you are doing this just for comfort, there is always a moment where you feel some satisfaction, it feels relaxing, or exciting. If you smile in front of the mirror when you see the clothes on you, you are a crossdresser. And don't feel like it's a bad "label" to have, it's much more common that you expect. I forgot where I saw that, but there was a study done anonymously that showed that more than 10% of men are actual crossdressers (at least in the US), so don't feel excluded. And as you can see on this forum, there are plenty of nice people (and there are even more guests reading those pages everyday).

docrobbysherry
11-18-2014, 11:25 PM
I started out dressing thinking I was a TS. 15 years later it turns out I'm a CD!

I would call u a CD now, Star. But, who knows where/what you'll be in 15 years?

SerephineStar
11-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Yeah when I started crossdressing at a younger age it felt a bit more.... how can I put this... exciting almost on a sexual level but now the excitement is more just feeling a bit girly and I find it fun at times to fully cross :)

Hi SerephineStar,

If you've been lurking around these pages for a while, you'll certainly be familiar with the labels game, so don't try to pigeon hole yourself. Let me do it! :devil:

In the good old world of labels, anyone who wears girlie clothes is a cross dresser for me,.......it's how I am anyway. I started about age 10 and still loving it in my 50s. We don't instantly declare ourselves to the world at large as hetero, bi or gay, so why get hung up on your other unique, defining characteristics? Just enjoy, especially the camis and panties bit. :o

Oh,...and what are you to be considered? Normal....unless you are a mass murderer or something really out of the ordinary...like an alien etc. etc.

Rebecca (barely able to remember when I was 19)

Lol okay XD I'll let you give me a nickname of sorts XD

Thanks everyone :) I wasn't really feeling bad about anything I was really just wondering what I would fit into but all of you are right that labels aren't something I should be worrying about and that I should just be me. I don't really post my pictures online but this is probably my first time posting stuff online about my crossdressing as I keep it secretly to myself a few people I can trust. (I just don't trust my crossdressing picture online as I don't someone to blackmail me errrr whatevers and stuff.)

Lacey New
11-19-2014, 05:33 AM
I wondered the same thing about myself for years before the internet made sites like this availble. I have never presented in public as a female (doubt if i could) and I am still deep in the closet. My wife does not know. I dress at home when I van and I have gone out plenty of times underdressed. I have even quite successfully shopped for a dress in drab (underdressed though). So, since I never wen out completely in femme, I always wondered what that made me? Well, I do wear ctothing - mostly underwear, designed and intended for women. So, I guess if there is a lebel for me, I think it would be "crossdresser"

Krisi
11-19-2014, 06:53 AM
If you dress in women's clothes from time to time and own your own women's clothes, wig, forms, etc., you are a crossdresser.

Claire Cook
11-19-2014, 08:04 AM
You are you, be yourself. Why worry about labels? But if you need a definition, I'd suggest that "CD'ing" means any aspect of wearing clothing that is more appropriate to the opposite gender.

MsVal
11-19-2014, 10:25 AM
I advise you not to put a great deal of faith in the term "cross dresser" It is very broad. Consider the term "golfer" covers the person that golfs with friends once a year, as well as the tournament professional.

Best wishes
MsVal

Nadine Spirit
11-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Hey there. Most folks here are pretty label-phobic. In other words, they hate them with a passion! Me... not so much. It really helps to ease conversations. But the problem with labels is that there are not universally accepted definitions. Sure you can look up the definitions, but there is continual and endless debate among the community as to the validity of those definitions. I find it rather annoying actually.

Ok...so... what are you considered? First off, human. Does anyone have a problem with that label? Secondly, yes you are a cross dresser. You wear women's clothes. To me it does not matter how often. Oh and here is one that is sure to rile the masses, being as you are a cross dresser, I think you then fall under the umbrella term of transgender. Though many, or most even, will debate that.

Okay, there is my 2 cents as to what you are. Most importantly though, what do you think you are?

Krisi
11-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Why worry about labels?

Labels help to identify or describe us, both to others and to ourselves. Consider some labels: Golfer, swimmer, hiker, biker (both kinds), doctor, lawyer, preacher, carpenter, electrician, etc. If we get sick, we look for a doctor. If the lights in our house don't work we look for an electrician. Life would be pretty difficult without labels, even for people.

So you own clothing and accessories meant to be worn by women but you are a man. By definition you are a "crossdresser". You might also be a golfer, doctor, electrician, etc.

And it gets easier once you admit it to yourself. Say it out loud: "I am a crossdresser." Say it a few times until it feels right.