PDA

View Full Version : Is your style the same/opposite as your SO?

BethGG
01-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Hello! Just last night my bf and I were joking how his girly clothes are way more feminine then my clothes...he likes little cute shoes and I like to wear more army style boots and "manly" looking shoes. He loves dresses and flowery things, I can't stand wearing that stuff :cheeky: He loves the feel of nylons, I think they're annoying and uncomfortable. I think it's a good thing in a way though, this way I know I never make him feel envious.

How about you, what are your SO's styles vs. your own?

Julia Cross
01-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi Beth, I would say my tastes are slightly more "girly" than my girlfriends. She has commented on this as well. Much like your boyfriend, I have the same likes, she prefers a little more dressed down.

I think part of this is attributed to when we, CD's, had our first experiences dressing up and what was in fashion at that time or at least what we were exposed to.

Julia

MsEva
01-26-2006, 01:25 PM
As my dear wife and I grow older together I would say that our styles are finally starting to mesh. I guess for the most part, if we were the same size I would love her outfits and she would for the most part love mine. Although I find leather skirts a lot more adorable than she does. I mean right now I am pining for a new pair of shoes...at one time that would mean some stilletos, but I am looking at a new pair of mary jane earth shoes....couldn't you just die?:bs:

Ginagirl
01-26-2006, 01:49 PM
hey Beth,
My wife and I are different styles. She dresses a bit more age appropiate then myself. I look younger than my age, so I dress the age that I look. My wifes style is stylish suburban mom and mine is more the chick at the beauty salon. Were she would chose to wear flats, given the oppurtunity I would wear heels and more fashionably cloths. Overall we are not that far apart and in the bedroom we are alike, but that's for another discussion.

Cheery GG
01-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi Beth,

Your thread made me laugh, not because its funny but because i agrred with what you were saying.

My So lisa, is very feminine, the heeled boots, skirts, and gorgeous tops, nice undies.

I wear timberland boots, jeans or joggers and a baseball hat....lol. Lisa always says i look way more feminine than her. Im sure i could pass as a guy. We thought once about trying that when we go out, see if we could pull it off for a a laugh ! Think my curves might give me away though....lol

But your thread is good, i consider myself very unfeminine in what i wear or maybe i just dont make the effort.....

cheery
xx

(madly in love with lisa)

Raychel
01-26-2006, 02:40 PM
My wife and I have almost exactly the same taste in clothes, when she is dressed for work. After work she is a jeans and sweatshirt kinda gal. Not my style at all.

tara 24-7
01-26-2006, 05:25 PM
were like chalk and cheese when it comes to clothes,im a lot more femme than here, but we love the same strappy heels and boots, im just glad were diffrent sizes, touch my heels and i,l scram your eyes out bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kisses tara,, xxxx

AprilMae
01-26-2006, 05:39 PM
we are similar in some aspects. but way different in others we both don't care for overly lacy or frilly things, or tightly tailored items. we both like loose sweaters, pullovers and jeans. I like skirts from the knee to mid calf, she needs a gun pointed at her to wear a skirt. With pants and jeans I am strictly nylones, knee highs or trouser socks, she is regular socks or none at all. She prefers clunky shoes, clogs, and tennis shoes, I go for the more traditional type of women's shoes.

karen marie
01-26-2006, 06:11 PM
my wife tends to do the more tailored look at work
due to her profession.at home she's more into jeans
and slacks,while i prefer shorts,capris and skirts.
hugs,karen.

BeckyAnderson
01-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Hi Beth, I think I dress more feminine than my wife. Although she dresses very nicely in a business casual style. I too dress often in business skirt suits and business casual but I own far more dresses and skirts than she does. My shoes are also more feminine looking than hers. As far as formal wear, she is into pant suits and I am into gowns.

Hugs,
Becky

Miss Lulu
01-26-2006, 06:38 PM
My girlfriend and I are very different. She is not much into skirts and dresses like I am. Even though she is not a big fan of jewellery neither, she does buy me many presents like earings and necklaces. My dressing taste is "young",...she is "old fashion". Funny enough; she loves to see me as girly as possible..... You wouldn't believe all the shoes and clothing and make-up she got me! My wardrobe is so big that SHE is the one borrowing stuff from me, like a blouse or nylons.
Can't complain about her!

Bernadina
01-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Very much the same. My wife is a very classy dresser and doesn't accept anything less from me. Even before we met we were already buying the same brand bras and other clothes.

SherriePall
01-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Our styles are pretty close as far as skirts and dresses go. When she buys from a catalog I usually have some input. However, she prefers to wear jogging suits around the house, inside and outside. Our shoe styles are close, although I have a couple of 4 inch heels which I don't wear as often (am I getting older?). In fact I wish I owned a couple of her shoes in my size. Oh, yes, she hates wearing pantyhose and the dreaded bra. Hey! We can't all be perfect.

Jenny Beth
01-26-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm definitely the femme one when it comes to the way we dress. Although my wife has a few pretty tops (which I bought her) she never dresses up. I can't remember the last time she wore a skirt and it has been many years since she has worn heels. Same goes for makeup, just about all of it in the bathroom is mine. She does like nice undies though and I'd gladly share mine if we were the same size.

Megan72
01-26-2006, 08:29 PM
I am in the same boat as many of you. i dress much more fem than my wife. we realy are pretty good about buying each other clothing that each of us like. There are a few things like jeans that we can share. Of course we have the special drawer in the dresser for those occasions.

GypsyKaren
01-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi Beth

My wife and I aren't even close. She wears mostly pants and such, nothing girly, and I rarely see her in a skirt or dress, she only has a few of them. I, on the other hand, love skirts and lace and all things pink. She won't be caught dead in pantyhose, while I wear them everyday. Oh well, it keeps her from borrowing my stuff.

Hey, if I haven't done so already, welcome to our family, it's so nice to have you join us!

GypsyKaren

S. Lisa Smith
01-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Mostly are styles are similar. However, I like to wear vee necked tops and show some cleavage, where she usually doesn't. I've gotten her to loosen up a bit and hopefully she will wear more clothes like I do.

Rachel Morley
01-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi Beth,

This is an interesting thread :) As far as me and my wife Marla go we have fairly compatable styles. In fact I would argue that Marla has become MORE feminine as we have devloped our cding relationship. Marla has always been feminine but in the last few years she has started wear short skirts rather than shorts in the summer and recently she even bought a couple of dresses for herself :) She would never have done that before. She used to always go for pants.

Me? my style is much like hers but it leans towards more of a traditional feminine style. I like clothes that have a little bit more silk and lace and that have a classic style like straight skirts and twinsets or floaty skirts and silk blouses.

Staci
01-26-2006, 11:09 PM
I definately dress more feminine and girly than my wife. She likes flannel pjs. I love nylon and lace. She likes tennis shoes. I love high heels. She likes plain white panties, I love the fancy ones. She hates nylons, you guessed it. I love them. She wears jeans I wear skirts. Don't get me wrong. She is very feminine but we do laugh about how much sexier my girl clothes are than hers.

Melanie R
01-27-2006, 12:39 AM
My wife, Peggy, and I dress so much alike when we are out in public many people think we are sisters. Our style of dress is alike whether it be dresses or pant suits as well as our shoes. However, Peggy only wears shoes when she has to and the same for hose while I enjoy wearing hose most days/nights and heels. Since she took early retirement from her position as a school administrator where she had to dress very professionally every day, she enjoys being at home usually in a house dress or caftain. In those instances when I have been Melanie 24/7 for as long as two weeks such as when we visited Australia and New Zealand, at the end of the day I was ready to get out of the clothes, hose, heels, etc.

Hugs,

Melanie

tammysuetv
01-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Hello Beth,

I also have to say I love the more girly things and my wife does not. I love dresses and skirts and especially pantyhose.

TGMarla
01-27-2006, 08:56 AM
My wife and I enjoy similar tastes. In fact, many of the clothes that she regularly wears are items that I purchased for her. One could argue that I was really shopping for myself, but she thinks I have good taste, and I think she looks great in what I get her to wear.

On the other hand, she sometimes buys things that I think are a bit unattractive, so there are differences, too. But she has always been a very feminine lady, and I appreciate that about her, too. Takes one to know one, I guess.

KarenNY
01-27-2006, 09:49 AM
My wife finds most women's clothing annoying and uncomfortable, except for the shirts and twin-sets and slacks she usually wears for work or at home. The closest she comes to wearing nylons are those sock-things that go up to her calves. I think I have seen her in a dress only a handful of times in the 10 years we've been married -- and I know she has seen me in a dress or skirt more than she's worn them! She even remarked on that one time (before I became more closeted when we had children) that my tastes were way more feminine than hers and I wore dresses more often than she did!
Not that my wife ever dresses like a guy, far from it, but she always wears slacks for work with either a T-shirt or twin-set. She usually wears lower heeled shoes. Myself, I'm usually wearing a dress or a skirt and blouse outfit when I dress up, and I adore pantyhose and high heels (well, not higher than 3 inches).
My tastes are more traditionally feminine -- I love the classics, like nice dresses and skirt suits, feminine business attire, I guess, and I miss the ruffled/lacy blouses of the '80s that I used to wear all the time. But I also love bridal and formal gowns as well, and I don't think my wife liked getting all dressed up frilly like that. Her wedding gown was lacy and feminine but also very understated and A-line in style. The three wedding gowns I have owned have been very feminine -- two white satin gowns with full skirts, big puffy sleeves, lace trim, etc., and the other was an informal country style gown that was all lace with puffy sleeves and a full tea-length skirt.

Karen :)

paulacd
01-27-2006, 10:15 AM
I see a trend here!
I, too am way more feminine than my gf. I love to be in a short skirt/dress, nylons & heels, while she prefers the trousers, low-heeled ankle boots & casual top look, and she hates wearing nylons!
I prefer to wear lacy lingerie while she just goes for the cotton stuff (except on special occasions :bs: ).

Is`this a general feeling amongst GG's do you think, or just the SO's of CD'ers? (I'm beginning to sound like a NASA boffin here with all the acronyms!).

Perhaps there's an opportunity for a huge research grant here!

Paula.

KellyT
01-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I'd say we're pretty similiar. We go shopping togother and she loves when I choose an outfit or top for her. It was what attracted me to her in the first place. One of our first dates, she wore a sexy wee soft pink polo neck cashmere sweater with short sleeves. I'd always wanted to wear one myself, so having a girlfriend (at that time) who wore one was the next best thing.

maryjanecapri
01-27-2006, 01:51 PM
I'd have to agree with the majority here. My SO and I quite different in style. I'd wear skirts and dresses every day of my life and she'd wear jeans and sweats every day of her life. She's rather boho and I'm rather (to steal an already coined phrase) "executive transvestite". The good thing is that I have won her over to mary janes.

I do find it interesting that many of us have SOs who aren't as femme as we are. I guess, just like most everything else, it's all about yin and yang. And that is perfectly okay with me.

I do love the way my SO dresses and she loves the way I dress. So all is right in this world. :D

ERIKA1963
01-27-2006, 06:09 PM
My wife doesn't think she looks as good as I do in the short skirts and heels she wears more jeans and warmer clothes as I dress alot sexier than she does. ERIKA1963 :o

Amelie
01-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Me and my SO dress in similar styles, he is a rude boy and I am a rude girl.

Shelly Preston
01-27-2006, 07:22 PM
We defineately have different styles.
She goes more for the flowery patterns where as I choose more solid colours. It seems to be a more casual look for her but it works.

rachelusissy
01-27-2006, 10:45 PM
my wife and i have same taste we both like girly short pink skirts,soft cardigans she is small and blond and looks very young so looks good sometimes she will wear jeans i never wear trousers

mskilmer
01-27-2006, 10:52 PM
I dress for fun... my wife has had to do it all her life and she's a lot more practical. But I like to think we each add something to the others dress repertroir.

Tgirl74
01-27-2006, 11:26 PM
as BethGG was saying its true my style is much more fem than hers, I been CDing for 7 yrs now and at first I was all about going to the clubs trying to be sexy wearing short skirts, tight tops ,mini dresses and high heels but now my sense of style has changed to being a bit more casual. I like wearing fitted bootcut jeans, camis, tanks, flowery, shiny, silky materials. I still love wearing dresses but they have become less hoochie , longer showing less skin.

I have become less fond of high heels for a couple of reasons one being I am 6'2 and now that I'm not much of a club girl anymore I feel very paranoid wearing them out.The other reason is that I've had two knee surgeries and after a night of rockin the 4 in pumps I'm hurtin for the entire next day.Lately I really enjoy wearing flats, there are so many cute adorable flats now I wish i could own them all.

I don't wear or even own many pairs of panties I instead wear a gaff and panyhose with skirts and dresses and even under my jeans.

I don't wear bras all that much unless I'm in fully dressed tring my best to pass.Last night i went over to one of my best friends houses and wore all womens clothes, cami with a long sleeve top over it, gaff, pantyhose, bootcut jeans and a pair of gold flats, I didn't wear a wig and I wore very little make up.

My Girlfriend told me she liked one of my black tank tops but overall we are very different, she would never dress like me and thats is ok ,I still find her to be incredibly sexy !!

ambernoel
01-27-2006, 11:34 PM
My wife and I have similar casual atire(blue jean's t shirts).When we go out I usualy go more girly. Although while shopping I do feel sometimes like I'm her barbie doll.
Though I don't realy mind.It dose make me feel bad somtimes that I have thre times the amount of shoes she has. O'well lets just chalk it up to a weakness. Hope it helps.
Hugs, Amber

Amanduhrob
01-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Holly and I are 100% opposite, she never wears fem clothing, it's usually jeans and (ugh) concert tshirts, and never wears make up or heels.

I on the other hand dress business casual both in drag and drab, it's rare to find me in jeans and tshirts.

miss_sarah
01-28-2006, 06:57 PM
My wife is definately a tomboy! It's typically jeans & t-shirt for her. *sigh* denim is such a heavy fabric... I'd much prefer a thin flippy skirt LOL She only wears dresses and other more feminite attire when she has to, or is in the mood (which isn't often). It seems to work out well for us! ;)

Fallen Angel
01-28-2006, 07:58 PM
we are about the same in dressing but then again she loves to raid my closet xxx

trisha_anne
01-28-2006, 08:02 PM
My wife and I share the same taste in clothing. She says it makes her mad that I can wear some of the things the she can't. However I belive that she looks soo much better in heels and skirts then I do because though she will never accept the fact that she has killer legs and I am very envious.