PDA

View Full Version : Utterly complete

Jackie7
11-18-2014, 11:28 PM
On the evening of Day 10 of my NYC full-time en femme adventure, I had dinner out on Restaurant Row with my wife and one of our girlfriends, then my darling wife suggested we three go together to an evening tango class nearby in the newly-trendy Midtown-west neighborhood of Hell’s Kitchen. She's wearing a tight dress with emphasis on cleavage, I'm in black skinny jeans with a new red-and-black top she brought back from Florida, and our GG girlfriend is elegant as always in grey and black under her mane of silver hair. Need I mention that we are all in our 60s?

The small studio is up two long flights of stairs. It is icy cold outside and sweltering hot inside, we are all dressed in layers and I am so hot my wig drips sweat. The beginner hour has maybe 12 students with a lovely petite teacher, an Argentine woman with charming English and long, flowing red-brown hair. Some of the students arrived as couples some are singles, a roughly even mix of men and women, with newcomers joining throughout.

We switch partners often as she leads us through the basic steps and moves. By the end of the hour we had all practice-danced with everyone in the room, men and women. I took the female follower role with everyone, being led instead of leading. And everyone went with it.

Oh, there were plenty of awkward moments of rubber soles and stumbling on the wrong foot, but a lovely gentleman named Lloyd was especially helpful, and there was a perfect moment when the teacher herself danced with me and demonstrated how to lead and how to be led. It is tango after all, the follower mostly dances backwards, takes a certain amount of trust.

It was divine, truly divine. I am utterly complete.

bridget thronton
11-19-2014, 03:54 AM
Thanks for sharing another chapter

Rhonda Darling
11-19-2014, 05:01 AM
Jackie:

What grand fun! What a great way to spend an evening in NYC.

I never realized that, what with inflation and all, that now it takes three . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . to tango.

Best,
Rhonda

Claire Cook
11-19-2014, 05:48 AM
Jackie,

This is a great addition to your NY experience. I loved your description of being taught how to be led in dancing, it felt like I was there experiencing it. (Don't we all have so much to learn about being a woman?) Embrace your completeness!

Hugs, Claire

Marcelle
11-19-2014, 06:43 AM
Hi Jackie . . . still going strong I see . . . WELL DONE! Sounds like a great night . . . sweltering temperature aside that is.

Hugs

Isha

kimdl93
11-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Sounds like a wonderful outing for all of you! It happens you also described my wife's ultimate fantasy...dancing the tango...or really almost any formal dance. But alas, she married someone with two left feet.

AnneC
11-19-2014, 09:56 AM
That sounds like great fun! Thanks for sharing a very nice experience.

Amy Lynn3
11-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Sounds divine, wish I could be in NYC with you. Can you say...ENVY ?

Beverley Sims
11-20-2014, 12:44 AM
Sounds like NY is living up to it's reputation, I bet it's getting cold there now.
It's even cold here now.
Last week it was 70 deg and humid.