PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun...COGIATI quiz....not official....just interesting

mykell
11-19-2014, 01:28 PM
new member talked about this and curiosity got the best of me, found the findings to be interesting for me and fairly accurate,
scored a 20 androgyne, felt like a good description.....any takers....feel free to share your thoughts

http://transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html

samantha rogers
11-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Ok, I think these tests are a little silly, since it is so easy to read what the answers will mean and thus skew the results....but what the heck...just for fun.

Scored 290 Probable Transexual

Probable? Lol....seriously? :-)

Jaylyn
11-19-2014, 03:23 PM
Scored a 60 Androgyne. Now what do I do with that. Think it means stay the way I am and just enjoy the cross dressing. Suggested I not go full trans. Who knows some of the questions could have different answers on different days. Interesting though and a bit time consuming.

Melissa_Rose
11-19-2014, 03:26 PM
I scored a 175.. also probable ..
So now what?

mykell
11-19-2014, 03:49 PM
i took it again and got a 25, so 290 "probable" is probably the attorney protecting them from lawsuits. i checked back and 650 is the highest for female and -650 for male, even for gender im average again...
ive seen your M and F pictures sammy, i think you have it pretty much figured out...for the rest here is what i found....

COGIATI, or Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory
How the COGIATI is constructed and scored.

The COGIATI, as it currently exists, is composed of 65 questions. All of the questions are based on one aspect of neurological, or social, sex differentiation. Some questions are reworkings of some of the BEM and Moir-Jessel questions, even more are based on my own independant study of the sources for those two tests, as well as recent research papers. All of this comes together to form the current COGIATI. I hope to expand the COGIATI in time. The ultimate goal would be to have a COGIATI composed of about 200 questions; for maximum accuracy, a wide platform for result basis, and the power to break down psychological barriers by virtue of mental exhaustion, just as is done in tests such as the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory.

Scoring is simple. There are five answers to each question, with each answer numerically corresponding to one of five categories:

-10 Extremely Male
-5 Feminine Male
0 Androgynous
5 Female
10 Extremely Female

With 65 questions, the total range is -650 for Absolute Male to +650 for Absolute Female

The breakdown is thus:

-650 to -389 Class 1 (Definite Male)
-390 to -129 Class 2 (Feminine Male)
-130 to 129 Class 3 (Androgyne)
130 to 389 Class 4 (Probable Transsexual)
390 to 650 Class 5 (Classic Transsexual)

The sexual gratification-based, fetishitic transvestite would fit Class 1
The mostly sexual / fetishistic but slightly gender involved crossdresser fits Class 2
The serious transgenderist fits Class 3
The most common type of transsexual (well over 70%) fits Class 4
The rarest, early onset, 'classic model of early research' transsexual fits Class 5

COGIATI simply tallies up a score based on the questions, with no adjustments. Very straightforward, no assumptions in the calculation.

This is the basic information on the COGIATI.

Madilyn A.
11-19-2014, 04:11 PM
It's been a few years since I've taken it so I will have to do it again before this thread is retired. But Sammi, the test was right on for you anyway !

shawna0289
11-19-2014, 04:39 PM
I got a 175... probable

Jackie7
11-19-2014, 04:46 PM
105, Androgyne.

DanaGirl
11-19-2014, 05:40 PM
COGIATI classification TWO, FEMININE MALE
What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be mostly masculine, and that your gender issues are primarily matters of personal expression rather than a medical problem. Any struggles you have are most likely caused by internal shame over your needs and desires, or because of curiosity over what those needs represent. There is, however, some indication of a strong feminine side to your being, and this is intrinsic to your constitution.

seems about right for me, definite male that enjoys some girly things and wishes the would would just be cool with this.

Robin777
11-19-2014, 06:28 PM
My results.

Your COGIATI result value is: -35 Which means that you fall within the following category:
COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE
What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.

Interesting

Melissa in SE Tn
11-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Mikell, thanks so much for posting this thread!!! It has raised some thoughts as my wife & I are in counseling. I fall into the androgyne classification. That does not surprise me because I know that I am transgendered. Thanks again. Peace, mel

TxCassie
11-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Score = 120 - Androgyne, on the high end towards probably transsexual. I would say, it's pretty accurate score. Definitely not male, but not quite transsexual . I believe it.

Dana does shopping
11-19-2014, 09:26 PM
240 Probable Transexual ....daaaah

PattiL
11-19-2014, 09:31 PM
-95, Androgyne.

Allisa
11-19-2014, 09:55 PM
I got a 0,classification 3-androgyne.Maybe I really do possess duality. Am I still a crossdresser? I hope so after all these years. Oh no even more questions AAAAARRRRGGGG!!!

lynnef
11-19-2014, 10:32 PM
I ended up with a 205... hmm... that explains some things...

Beverley Sims
11-20-2014, 12:24 AM
Each time I have done it I get an "undecided". :)

No I look at these tests and knowing the answers and how they can be skewed I don't even find them interesting any more.

Sorry to be a wet blanket.

sometimes_miss
11-20-2014, 01:48 AM
Sorry to be a wet blanket.
Actually, last time around I was the wet blanket. Now I realize what these quizes are; same thing as the quizes in Cosmo and Glamour. You already know what you want the answers to be. So you just try to guess how to make it happen to end up with the results you want! Now how girly is that!

Julie Denier
11-20-2014, 02:24 AM
I got -80, classification 3, androgyne ...

Amanda L.
11-20-2014, 05:02 AM
-170 classification 2
Description was surprisingly accurate I felt.
I don't take too much notice of these tests unless they produce the results I am happy with (lol)
Luv
Amanda

Katey888
11-20-2014, 05:26 AM
A 65 question, simplistically scored 'personality' test isn't really going to be a determinant of anything other than a bit of fun... so please, please, please.... don't anybody take it seriously... and yes, if you try to second guess the answers a simple test like this (minimal cross-correlated unweighted questions) will not work... (actually, if you do that with any personality test, you're just being untrue to yourself :))

For me, computer says: Your COGIATI result value is: -85 Which means that you fall within the following category:

Yeah... figures... just for fun...

Katey x

Laura J
11-20-2014, 06:14 AM
Its a bunch of stereotypes though.,..

MsVal
11-20-2014, 07:15 AM
Just for fun:

Your COGIATI result value is: 275 Which means that you fall within the following category: COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

I am who I am. The future may prove this parlor game right or wrong.

Best wishes
MsVal

I Am Paula
11-20-2014, 07:49 AM
This test has been around for years, and was discredited five minutes after being published.
Choose the result you want, and answer the questions appropriately. Bingo, you're a women...or a goat...

Sarina Curtis
11-20-2014, 08:30 AM
Definitely an interesting test Mikell. I scored a -75 Androgyne. The description given was pretty accurate for me as well I was pretty certain I'd fall on the masculine side of the scale from the get go.

AnnieMac
11-20-2014, 09:29 AM
I agree, that strikes me as a silly test that would be in "Cosmo". I guess that comment alone makes me still a guy.
However, My results were:
Your COGIATI result value is: -5 Which means that you fall within the following category:
So I am a sissy boy or Nancy girl or whatever you want to call it, which I already knew inside.

Eringirl
11-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Ya, pegged me at 280, category 4. Yup, sounds right to me. :D

I take this one with a huge grain of salt, but fun to do....

Probable Transexual, Erin.
(Probable??? Not so much... ;) )

BillieJoEllen
11-20-2014, 11:16 AM
I took it as honestly as I could. They didn't tell me anything I didn't know before. I was category 5 with a whopping big test result. Did I put down answers that I thought they wanted to know? Possibly, but I don't think so.

When I was a teenager I took a psychological test and my therapist used that test and previous therapy sessions to diagnose me as transsexual. This was later confirmed by a psychiatrist. I just wish the knowledge we have today was available to us back then.

carahawkwind
11-20-2014, 11:19 AM
There were a lot of questions related to spatial awareness, is that really strongly related to gender identity? My score seemed accurate enough though (-165).

mykell
11-20-2014, 11:27 AM
just to have a little fun, many things can be manipulated to show the preferred results in many different ways, anyone who has used microsoft access can tell you how powerful that program is to bend the truth, politicians probably will swear by it. many things can be disqualified for one reason or another, does not make it right all the time.

it reminds me of a time i was gainfully employed and needed to hire, the company just instituted a test for new hires, an over qualified candidate could not pass the test but a unqualified person in theyre youth aced the test, after months of training and focus put to this person they had to be let go....so who won here...

soo like anything on the interwebs including this forum, take it with a grain of salt from where it is coming from, as val summed it up a fun parlor trick and like life in general you get from it what you put in, answer honestly, i did it twice and obviously answered some questions differently, still had a close result, FWIW.....

CONSUELO
11-20-2014, 11:27 AM
200 Category 4 Probable Transexual.

I think I took this one once before and had a slightly lower score.

The designers of this test seemed to be serious about it and I don't think it fair to compare it with those silly questionaires that appear in the likes of Cosmopolitan. On the other hand I am not a professional psychologist or psychiatrist, so I am not able to make an informed criticism.

Tracii G
11-20-2014, 12:27 PM
First question is about math why? What has that got to do with gender?
Too silly to even take the test IMO I'll pass.

Rachael Leigh
11-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Im a class 3 and I do think its close to spot on, somewhere in between. So pretty intresting

Michelle 78
11-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Me too Class 3 -75, I'm somewhere in between I think

Maggie O'neal
11-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Well I got a 145, probable transexual. I have to agree .

LuciaRamos
11-20-2014, 02:49 PM
Your COGIATI result value is: -115 Which means that you fall within the following category:

Lacey New
11-21-2014, 07:29 AM
-80 Another Three - Androgyne. Just another plain old vanilla crossdresser I guess. Of course, I guess that's also why I'm here on this site. Nothing particularly surprising to me anyway. Put on my big girl panties and move on.

GretchenJ
11-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Another level 3 score of -45

If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender play of various varieties. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender play.

Check ! :battingeyelashes:

so I guess I am like Shields and Yarnell , I never could tell them apart either:D

Jane G
11-21-2014, 01:08 PM
LoL. A little surprised to score 120. Expected my rather excellent spacial awareness, (well that's what I told the test) and love of sport to put me further in the male camp. :doh:

Jaymees22
11-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Another class 3 with a score of 95 I feel so average, at least here anyway..

Lorileah
11-21-2014, 04:03 PM
this comes up a lot and it is so far from being worth ANYTHING. Use the search function and read the closed threads

This one is closed