PDA

View Full Version : Dreams Can Come True!

Persephone
11-22-2014, 03:31 AM
You remember the dreams from childhood? I certainly do. And we may still have them.

You know the dreams I'm talking about, the ones that come after the hopes and prayers that somehow, whatever the cost, will seal the deal that will magically let you wake up as a girl instead of a boy (or a boy instead of a girl). You would always go to sleep happy, and full of dreams, because you just knew that tonight would be the night, tonight it would really happen, only it never did.

I had one of those dreams one night this week. And it really happened!

I've been working since May on trying to get Medicare to change my gender. In May I met with them and delivered the required letter. It didn't happen.

In October I met with them and delivered the Court Order. It didn't happen.

Fed up, I contacted the Constituent Services office of my Congressperson. Two weeks after they issued an Urgent request it still didn't happen.

I called Constituent Services back. This time my voice was cracking with emotion as I explained that I was due for my open enrollment meeting this week and that if the gender marker wasn't corrected it could very well mess up my medical insurance, my prescriptions, and everything else.

The next day they called me back to tell me it had been changed!

I checked the Medicare database. Nope, it still read "Male."

But I knew that it was an overnight process, so I went to bed with a silent "Thank You" prayer and sweet dreams.

And it came true! Checking the database first thing in the morning and there it was! My own personal golden word, "Female"!

Dreams of a lifetime really can come true!

I ran over to the Constituent Services office with a "Thank You" card and a smile on my face!

May you be blessed with wonderful dreams!

Hugs,
Persephone.

AllieSF
11-22-2014, 04:23 AM
Congratulations. Things are improving for all of us, with all the normal and abnormal delays and hiccups. Your patience and perseverance has been rewarded. Good luck on the next challenges.

lynda
11-22-2014, 04:30 AM
goodmorning, i am so happy for you, that it made my day. love hugs lynda

kimdl93
11-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Congratulations bBarb! It just shows the value of persistence!

sterusjon
11-22-2014, 09:11 AM
You brought happy tear to my eye this morning with your good news. Yeahhh for you!

Stephanie

Tina B.
11-22-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm happy for you Barb, if any one deserves it, it's you, you have been living it long enough.

Nikkilovesdresses
11-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Congrats Miss Persephone!

bridget thronton
11-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Prayers do work - yay

docrobbysherry
11-22-2014, 11:44 AM
I've always thot of u as a woman. Now, it's official. Congrats!

StacyPump
11-22-2014, 11:47 AM
Congratulations, Persephone! What a wonderful day. Your commitment and perseverance are wonderful qualities!

Eringirl
11-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Yahoo!! Congrats Barb!!

Erin

charlenesomeone
11-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Congrats WTG, enjoy your day.

Beverley Sims
11-22-2014, 05:52 PM
"When you wish upon a star". :)

CynthiaD
11-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Congratulations madam!

When I was a teenager, I used to fall asleep wishing for breasts like all the other girls. All I got was a moustach and a deep voice. Sometimes dreams take a long time to come true.

Congratulations again!

Suzanne F
11-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Persephone
I always look up to you as a pioneer!!! Thank you for being out and demanding your rights. I hope I am able to do the same. You are an inspiration!
Suzanne

grace7777
11-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Persephone,

Happy to hear that you achieved the result you desired.

Julie Denier
11-23-2014, 02:47 PM
Allow me to add my congrats - so pleased for you! ;)

Karyn Marie
11-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Congrats. I am so happy for you.