PDA

View Full Version : A Girly Shopping Experience I Won't Forget

Girly Sara
01-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Hey girls!

I hope you don’t mind me sharing a fab girly shopping experience I’ve had today at Lakeside in Essex….and for those that know me I didn’t go enfemme BUT that will be coming shortly as I’ve crossed more milestones today which have made me very happy and pleased with myself. Let me explain.

Michelle (girlfriend) and I made our way to Lakeside mid afternoon and I was determined to be more confident when looking at all the lovely girly clothes. Although I wasn’t dressed enfemme, my appearance was quite girly. To explain, I’d had my eyebrows and lashes tinted yesterday which look quite noticeable (to girls anyway! lol) and not forgetting gorgeous pink french-manicured nails with diamontes on. Was also wearing girly jeans although not conspicuous and a white denim jacket.

Anyway, here goes with the fun! The first place of interest was Ann Summers (no surprise there!) I’d seen a kinky red PVC nurses outfit on their website so I thought I’d take a look. Well, I firstly asked a very pleasant young black girl if she had the nurses outfit in my size. She smiled and asked me to hold on for a mo. She returned shortly afterwards and immediately asked if I wanted to try it on. No hesitation, just treated me with respect. What a girl! Anyway, I tried on the dress but I decided not to buy it as I’d get quite sweaty prancing around on the dance floor in that! Just to put this experience into perspective, the last time I tried anything on in a shop (apart from a bra fitting) was early last Summer down Oxford Street when coincidentally I tried on a nurses outfit in Ann Summers (which I bought) There was no stopping me now and although I admit to being a bit nervous I proceeded to go into Pilot with my head held high ready to knock ‘em dead. After a lil hesitation I asked a sales girl if I could try on a pair of jeans. She didn’t butt an eyelid and I walked into the fitting rooms. It was funny because as I was going to shut the locker door behind me I spotted a girl waiting for her friend opposite and it was like a double-take with her. “Is that a guy trying on women’s jeans? lol Excellent! I felt fantastic! The buzz was just beginning and I’d already exceeded one ‘try on’. Cutting a long story short, I did the following too. Tried on ladies jeans in Miss Selfridge with not a smirk in sight. Lots of women in the fitting area and didn’t say nothing to me. Was I in heaven now? Too bloody right! I tried on a pleated skirt in Bay Trading and a gorgeous pink mini skirt in Time. Admittedly I got a double-take in both shops, the funniest being in Bay Trading. I said to the sales girl “Can I try this skirt on please?” She looked at Michelle and then at me as it just hadn’t clicked at that moment what I’d asked! lol Anyways, she said “No problem”. WOW!!! What a time I was having. Did some perfume testing in Boots and a sales lady in there took quite an interest to my manicured nails hehe

Anyway girls, I won’t go on too much but as you can tell, I’ve had a fantastic few hours shopping which has really boosted my confidence. So, what did I buy? In summary, a pink mini skirt, several camisole tops, some satin bedtime shorts, a few pairs of knickers and some fragranced bubble bath and shower gel. And guess what, not a single male item bought!

This shopping trip was just the tonic I needed to boost my confidence and I know that the next time I go back to Lakeside, it will be as ‘Sara’. I am soooo pleased with myself girls and if anyone doubts shopping for girly stuff in either male or female mode, go for it as people are completely fine. Confidence is the key and remembering that we’ve got every right to be there!

Right, gonna chill out before I come down from cloud nine!

Thanks for listening girls!

Hugs from Sara xxxxx

Talon DeRojo
01-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Sara - That's great! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Sounds like you have a very supportive girlfriend.
Talon

Girly Sara
01-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Hi Talon, thanks for your feedback and yes, i have a very supportive girlfriend. Been with her nearly 10 years now. Love her heart! :)

Sara xxxx

tara 24-7
01-26-2006, 05:48 PM
good for you girl, feels great being treated with respect, and dignity dont it, enjoy the pink mini . kisses tara, xxxx

SherriePall
01-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Sara --
I'm jealous of your shopping expedition. I've only tried women's clothes on in the ladies' fitting rooms a couple of weeks before Halloween (a day in the U.S. that has turned into the National Crossdressers Holiday) when it is not obvious as to my real intentions. Over the past couple of years I've done this in many stores. Almost did it today, however, but the store didn't have what I was looking for.

Laurie Ann
01-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Sara what a fantastic experience I'm glad you had a wonderful shopping experience. Now we need to see some pics of the days efforts.

uknowhoo
01-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Heck, I'd probably be on about cloud 39 after a day like yours. I'm so glad you were able to have such a fun shopping day out. Hugs, Tammi

GypsyKaren
01-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi Sara

Oh, you just can't beat shopping, it's so much fun! I'm glad you had such a good time, it gets better and better.

GypsyKaren

michelleliz
01-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Sarah I have some shopping experance with a friend I work with . She and I went shoe shopping . Her niece worked in the stor so she introduced me to her. This was the second time I was introduced to her The first time I was working as me. She didn,t have a clue who I was . It was GRATE. I have gone shopping a lot by myself ,But it is so much fun to ga with a friend.

Rachel Morley
01-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Hi Sara,

WOW! what a totally awesome shopping experience!

I have very successful shopping experiences too when (apparently) people either think I am the gender I present or they don't care, but I am dressed en femme.

For me, getting the reaction and positive experiences you got whilst being a feminized guy seems much more rewarding. I would love that to happen to me.

As someone who is originally from the UK I know all the stores you mentioned and so it was a rather "nostalgic thinking post". Thanks for sharing :) I loved it.

Sharon86
01-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi Sara, thanks for sharing, there is no better fun than girly shopping, especially with your SO:thumbsup:

S. Lisa Smith
01-26-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm glad you had fun. You are so pretty that you should just go shopping enfemme. I just posted on the picture thread what I bought today. I had to go en drab because I left from work, but I'm going to en femme soon. I used to do it all the time, but I lost my changing spot. Put a real crimp in my en femme time. Oh well, this year I'm going to go all out.

Deanna2
01-26-2006, 11:02 PM
You've gotta love shopping!! It does such wonders to one's spirit.

Even a simple purchase like pantyhose, let alone a full on shopping expedition, gives me a real buzz.

Monica55cd
01-27-2006, 02:06 AM
Sara...what a wonderful time that was....thanks for sharing it with us....I cant explain how wonderful it feels when a woman sales lady or in a salon is so kind and helpful...its like getting a big hug from them isn't it?? enjoy your next trip!!

Girly Sara
01-27-2006, 08:43 AM
Hey girls!

Thanks so much for all your kind feedback as i really appreciate it. I know i say this a lot but i truly mean it.

However, where there's a high, there's a low (thankfully not to do with my femme side) Found out today that my job might be going! :( The company i work for has gone into administration but they hope to keep me on to help in launching a new company. Not going to take any chances though so my CV's being updated this weekend. Won't go on about it but this girl's feeling a bit vulnerable and down right now and wanted to share how i am feeling (violins to the ready!)

Anyways, have a great weekend girls!

Hugs from Sara xxx

TGMarla
01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Sounds like an absolutely fabulous time, Sara! Thanks for sharing!

Holly
01-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Sara, what a wonderful time you must have had shopping with your girlfriend. And How much you must be anticipating your next trip enfemme. Can't wait to hear about that! Sorry to hear about the job, but a bright gal like yourself, with such a positive outlook, well, I'm sure that you will be just fine! :hugs:

RenaCD
01-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Sara it's sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful day thanks so much for sharing it with us girls.

Shop till You Drop!
Big Huggs Rena