PDA

View Full Version : Do I ever wish my husband wasn't a cd?

KatieGG
11-23-2014, 08:15 PM
My husband and I were at a gay bar recently where we met a nice lesbian couple, maybe a couple years younger than us, (early 20s). We hit it off right away and sat out on the patio area with them for about an hour or so. My husband and one of the girls got up to get us another round of beers from inside when the girl I was left sitting with asked me if I ever wished my husband wasn't a cross dresser. This is something I never gave any thought to before honestly it's all I know. We met and started dating our senior year of high school and before him I only really had two real boyfriends, most boys just wanted to be friends with me.

His dressing has always been a fun part of our relationship, and amusingly was kind of an ice breaker for us. I had a major crush on him and sat behind him in a couple classes and he always wore girls skinny jeans (as most skater/scene kids did at the time) and on more than a few occasions when he would lean forward to talk to the girl in front of him I noticed he had panties on and one day I very awkwardly told him so. The first time we hung out outside of school I played dress up with him and we had so much fun and those are some of my favorite memories. I wouldn't trade that for any typical "first date" with a "normal" guy.

What we have may not be considered normal but it's ours and I wouldn't want it any other way.

kaleyg
11-23-2014, 08:17 PM
sounds like you two are meant for each other!

docrobbysherry
11-23-2014, 08:38 PM
A long answer to find your question.

But, after reading it all, I'll take that as a, "No", Katie?:heehee:

Rogina B
11-23-2014, 08:59 PM
You are a wonderful,accepting Lady, Katie GG...Great to have you here!

Robin777
11-23-2014, 09:03 PM
I would also say no is the answer to your question. My wife and i have been married for 35 years and she has known the whole time that I am a CD. We have had fun with it over the years. He should be thankful to find someone as understanding as you.

Amy Lynn3
11-23-2014, 09:06 PM
Katie, I bet if you could clone yourself you would have thousands of request and mine would be first.:love:

Rhian
11-23-2014, 09:08 PM
It's pretty cool to know that there are girls out there so accepting and your husband is very lucky.

Mink
11-23-2014, 09:17 PM
ahh so the secret was to wear panties in high school and accidently show them off!

haha!

he's lucky some jock didn't notice instead!

CharlotteP
11-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Katie, as a gurl with a spouse that's almost as cool as you are about things, I can tell you it makes all the difference in the world. Thank you for sharing and being such an amazing lady.

Charlotte

Mink
11-23-2014, 09:27 PM
imagine if you had asked HER if she ever wished her partner wasn't a lesbian!

Nadine Spirit
11-23-2014, 09:30 PM
You two sound like fun!

kimdl93
11-23-2014, 09:33 PM
I guess, given the historic (but seemingly waning) prejudices against gender variants, it was a fair question. The beauty is that for you, the answer is clear and affirming.

KatieGG
11-23-2014, 11:14 PM
imagine if you had asked HER if she ever wished her partner wasn't a lesbian!

LOL
if I was sober I might have been able to think of something witty!

Thanks so much for all the kind words. I really wouldn't change anything about our life together, before I met him the only thing I knew about cding was what I saw on tv and the fact that guys I knew might actually do it never crossed my mind. I just remember sitting behind him and seeing just a hint of a pink waistband and having a million and one thoughts run through my head. "why is he wearing them? Does he know? Does he always wear them? Does his mom know?" lol I know maybe I'm a nutter butter but that's the reason we started talking in the first place, so if he wasn't a cd I probably wouldn't be married to him at all.

chelyann
11-23-2014, 11:46 PM
you ROCK Katie :)
can we clone you so others can be so lucky

Beverley Sims
11-24-2014, 12:02 AM
Katie,
I think it is wonderful that you feel that way.
If some other relationships strted in a similar way I am sure there would be less DADT.

justmetoo
11-24-2014, 12:04 AM
That's a really sweet story. I love it! Sounds like you 2 have a great thing going. :)

emma-louise
11-24-2014, 05:21 AM
sweet story, best of luck to you both for the future x

Marcelle
11-24-2014, 05:33 AM
Hi Katie,

I guess that just demonstrates the power of love to be able to see past the physical into the person and I believe that is what you have done with your husband . . . lovely story BTW.

Hugs

Isha

deebra
11-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Getting into a pair of panties can produce a wonderful outcome, this can be interpreted several ways.*&%$#

Katey888
11-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Nice story Katie... You are indeed a very fortuitous and star-crossed couple... :cheer:

Maybe you should sidle over to crossdressersvives.com and post your story of acceptance and harmony there, perhaps give them all a glimpse of light from the otherwise black-hole-like dark side.. :D

My only regret is that your delightful openness and individuality serves to remind us how relatively unusual you are.. :cry:

Katey x

CONSUELO
11-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Good for you both. A lovely story and I wish every happiness to you both.

Isabella Ross
11-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Love it, Katie. Your acceptance, and the acceptance that my wife and many other SOs seem to demonstrate, makes me wonder once again if we (TG people) default automatically to thinking that the world (and the majority of GGs) despises us based on the negative actions of a small minority...and that in reality, far more GGs, particularly younger, are accepting.

Stephanie47
11-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Wonderful story! It is refreshing to read about relationships that are accepting of their spouses' little quirks. It's also refreshing to see encounters like yours where there is full knowledge he is a cross dresser before the relationship even gets off the ground. I wonder how the young woman would answer if you asked her if she wished she wasn't a lesbian.

Sandra
11-24-2014, 02:32 PM
What we have may not be considered normal but it's ours and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Yep know exactly what you mean :)

Maria 60
11-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Well I call it a curse, my wife calls it a gift, and believes we have a close relationship because of the dressing. I guess she loves the best of both worlds.

Tinkerbell-GG
11-25-2014, 12:02 AM
, makes me wonder once again if we (TG people) default automatically to thinking that the world (and the majority of GGs) despises us...

Back in my serious black hole days, I recall reading a survey about crossdressers and their wives and how most wives didn't like the dressing, yet less than TEN percent left their crossdressing partner because of it. So whether we wish our partners didn't crossdress or not, I can say that most of us are staying with y'all anyway. So that must give hope to those who havent shared this with their spouse yet. Many, if not most, are making it work x

ReineD
11-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Katie, you are a gem! I wouldn't trade my SO in for the world either! :)

But I can't honestly say that the feminine expression "makes" our relationship. Nor does it break it. It just is. I accept all parts of my SO just as I accept the color of his eyes. I would never dream of asking him to change eye color. lol

A few things are tricky. What to do should my sons walk into the room and closets that my SO keeps her clothes in. My sons would know all those clothes aren't mine. Telling them is not an option. Or what to do should we be out somewhere and run into someone who would let it out at work or it would get back to my sons or others we don't want to know. Just to be clear, my SO is not TS. And to be thorough, we did have rough patches some years back when my SO was expanding the CDing. Not because of the expansion (wardrobe, going out, making friends with other GGs that I didn't know, etc), but because of the priority it took. It got to the point where I felt I was no longer important in my SO's life and I didn't think we'd make it as a couple. But, that period is long over with now.

So other than that, the feminine expression is simply a part of our lives. We go out dressed, we have fun, we talk, we go out not dressed, we have fun, we talk. It's just normal.

If my SO was the type to go out, party, flirt, drink to excess while dressed, or any number of other things I've read about here, this would not be acceptable. But then the problem would not be with the CDing, it would be about his behavior while dressed.

wiwaw
11-26-2014, 04:42 PM
Amazing story. So nice to hear of couples that are encouraging of crossdressing. I hope for my SO to on day be as accepting as you.

Yanzy
11-26-2014, 05:59 PM
having a million and one thoughts run through my head. "why is he wearing them? Does he know? Does he always wear them? Does his mom know?"

LOL. This made my day! The endless questions and possibilities.