PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question

samantha rogers
11-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Just curious...do you go out? How often, if so?

To keep it simple...
1/ never
2/ one to five times a year
3/ six to twelve times a year
4/ regularly as in more than twelve times a year and/or 24/7

When you do, if you do, is is a quick walk and/or drive alone, or is it with full interaction with the vanilla world?
No judgement intended.
Just interested in seeing how our numbers break down.

Hugs

Sammie

Carrie R
11-27-2014, 11:31 PM
I never go out. I did several years back, it didn't provide any special thrill for me.

justmetoo
11-27-2014, 11:40 PM
Probably in the 6-12 times range (partly because I average about one outing per month, and I don't usually get fully dressed during the summer when it's too hot (no wigs, makeup, breastforms)).
I usually spend a few hours out, shopping, interacting with or at least in amongst the general public. (I almost always get at least one person in the general public asking me directions or something, and I do interact with sales clerks, shop people, waitstaff, and other service personnel when I'm out.)

Adriana Moretti
11-27-2014, 11:50 PM
I go out as regularly as I can....more than 12 times a year...but not as much as I would like to. My issue is I ONLY work weekends..and most of my partners in crime are OFF weekends...so for me to hang out...I need to take off work...which sucks, but I do it at least once a month and only work 3 weekends out of the month ..( i know ..i work 6 days a month LOL )
If I could only find a gal who can go out weeknights I would be out every week. Going out alone is boooooorrrriiiinnngggg and Thursday nights in New York are popping too....I am headed in next thursday if any ny gals wanna linky link.

When I do take off ...its either for a big cd event , to date my boy toy....or to go bar hopping and dancing....This thursday is a downtown bar crawl.

GretchenJ
11-27-2014, 11:55 PM
Hey Sami,

6-12 times a year, and

it depends upon how much time I have before I have to return home either back in male mode or to clean up before family comes home. If I have more than 3 hours , then I wil venture out in full interaction, but basically fit the venue to match the available time

Diane Smith
11-28-2014, 12:04 AM
About once a week on average, or 50+ times a year, split between CD events, hair and nail appointments (in vanilla locations, but with little exposure to the public), and among the masses for shopping or just running errands.

That's just fully-dressed outings, though -- even in drab mode, I usually wear heels, nails, earrings and some makeup.

- Diane

VAWyman
11-28-2014, 12:18 AM
Never go out.

Heather W
11-28-2014, 12:44 AM
Just started out n the real world this year and it has been the vanilla world. I have been thinking of going to a club, what is the best night for GiGi's?

Dana does shopping
11-28-2014, 12:48 AM
4/ Regularly, groceries, shopping, theatre, museums, concerts, ....um .... just about everything a gal does!

Julie Denier
11-28-2014, 01:05 AM
Never, with an asterisk: I had the opportunity to go out once, in a safe environment, and would do so again if I had the chance. Otherwise, being closeted keeps me dressing in private.

Andrea Chenowith
11-28-2014, 01:10 AM
3 is my answer, but I'd argue that there is a missing distinction between "regularly" and "and/or 24/7" that is important. Maybe along the lines of 3-7 times per month and the "practically 24/7.

Vickie_CDTV
11-28-2014, 01:16 AM
#3, about 6-8 times a year

Amy Lynn3
11-28-2014, 01:21 AM
Like Carrie I went out lots of years ago, but haven't in a long time, but the urge is coming back now to venture out again. At one point I would meet up with fellow CDer's, but have not done that in a year or two. I guess I would be a 1 on your scale.

Zooey
11-28-2014, 01:53 AM
4, regularly.

Teresa
11-28-2014, 01:53 AM
Sammie,
I'm probably 2, usually a drive somewhere , but I do walk the dog sometimes underdressed but no wig or make up, and then remove drab when safe but have been outed a few times !

Beverley Sims
11-28-2014, 02:02 AM
Definitely a four with partial interaction.
I do choose my moments.

vicky_cd99_2
11-28-2014, 02:05 AM
A few times. Always to a gay bar with a drag show.

Suzanne F
11-28-2014, 02:10 AM
4. I am out everywhere except work. I interact with the regular world all of the time. It is possible!
Suzanne

Danitgirl1
11-28-2014, 02:16 AM
So far in the 6 to 12 times a year range.
Full interaction

Yoshisaur
11-28-2014, 02:18 AM
1 for me, I'm still deep in the closet

AllieSF
11-28-2014, 02:38 AM
1-2 times a week to mainstream venues to eat and drink and meet new people, and sometimes meet with much older people like Suzanne.

samantha rogers
11-28-2014, 02:42 AM
Thanks, girls! This is interesting.
Oh, Heather....Saturday night for sure. But dont go to early. Come to the Adams Apple for drinks first. Gigis doesnt really get going till 1030 or 11.

Marcelle
11-28-2014, 04:37 AM
Hi Sammie,

Well I would say I a squarely in the response 4 category and when I go out is full on interaction with the vanilla world.

Hugs

Isha

noeleena
11-28-2014, 04:41 AM
Hi,

I have 3 totaly different sets of clothes Renaissance and that involves being in public and going over sea,s dressed as a wench. i may try another outfit next trip ,

Edwardain, in public and well known around Waimate , and Oamaru and mix with the Victorian group . 1900,s

Of cause to morrow Saturday 29 th. in uniform for our detail with our two Brass bands about 3 hours of ,in the morning,

Then to morrow night, Scottish soc meeting not got my Tartan as yet though do dress in Stewart tartan so when i do i,ll be dressed fully in that , other than that just my normal clothes, skirts and top,s ,

How many times a year.....dressed in those clothes oh dear about 40 times during the year at different do,s meetings and Band detail ,

...noeleena...

sometimes_miss
11-28-2014, 04:56 AM
Never. Being outed would make life more complicated, and never in a good way. My life is complicated enough, thank you.

JenniferYager
11-28-2014, 05:28 AM
3. I would go more regularly, but the wife and I agreed to not dress at home when she's around. Small price to pay for a wonderful woman, so I try hard to honor that.

allie45
11-28-2014, 05:30 AM
I am a 3 1/2, I probably get out 20 times a year, but it is very erratic.
I only really go to gay bars (mostly the same one) where I can feel comfortable, or to a gay/T friendly restaurant in Houston. But it is hardly vanilla.
It get so hot here in the summer that i rarely get out from june to september and do most of my outings in october to may.
Any other Houston girls like the cooler weather?

ArleneRaquel
11-28-2014, 05:51 AM
24/7 here and very pround that I have lived 24/7 for over 10 years. I've been dressing for about 60 years or so.

Charla McBee
11-28-2014, 05:58 AM
I find myself desperately longing to go out more and more each day but I'm just not quite there yet. I want to be out to everyone that's important to me first and then to be able to put on my best possible appearance. I want to be taken seriously when I go public.

Thus far, the most I have done is venture out in the dark along the canal behind my house. I was potentially in full view of dozens of neighbors but all they would have seen was the silhouette of a woman in a long skirt. That's the most liberating thing I have done to date.

Claire Cook
11-28-2014, 06:27 AM
I'm definitely a 4. I try to go out at least once a week, doing the things that other women do. I interact with the "vanilla world" (I'm not sure I know what that is -- are there chocolate and strawberry too?) and rarely have a negative reaction. I don't go to clubs or bars.

iGenny
11-28-2014, 06:34 AM
Never -- full beard. I might if I could convince the wife that I should shave.

Alicia S
11-28-2014, 07:38 AM
I've been out twice - both times walking the dog early so little chance of interaction cos I'm not good at makeup and look a little Rocky Horrorish even to my own eyes. Felt Oh so brave tho and the dog has never been walked so overdressed before or since.

Michelle PJ
11-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Hi Everyone, Unfortunately, just one for me when I drove home to Northern NJ after a makeover in Allentown, PA with Amanda Richards. Would love to dress and get out much more BUT work and commitments are obstacles.
Michelle

Rachel Lea
11-28-2014, 07:51 AM
Out only once, driving in car at night.

Karen kc
11-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Im a 3, but only driving alone, day and night. Day time can b a pain in the @#%

Lacey New
11-28-2014, 08:38 AM
Does underdressing count? I have never gone out presenting as a woman but I do get out shopping two or three times a year underdressed. I guess I'm a one and 3/16ths - or something like that.

Jeri Ann
11-28-2014, 08:49 AM
I have gone out 6 times in the last four days. Walked the dog 21/2 miles each morning in the neighborhood. Shopping again today.

GeauxStacy
11-28-2014, 08:57 AM
I went out for the first time this week. I was dressed but did not have any makeup on. It was early in the morning and I went to the grocery store for a few items. Got a few looks and had a couple of words with the clerk, but it was amazing. I am looking to be a four on your list now that I have taken my first step.

Michelle (Oz)
11-28-2014, 09:07 AM
average 4 times a week out in the vanilla world

Billie Jean
11-28-2014, 09:11 AM
I've only been out in public 4 times. Once dressed at work for an event where another guy and I dresseed. Once shopping fully dressed. Twice to a club and sang kareoke. While I enjoyed each time the club experience was the best because I had gg's compliment me both times. Oh I forgot I have drove around town dressed a few times stopping to get a soda from a machine while fully dressed. Billie Jean

Bria
11-28-2014, 09:12 AM
I'm in the 4 range, I'm out about once a week to the local girls night out at a LGBT friendly bar/restaurant. Only been out a couple of other time for shopping and to a museum. I'd be out more if my wife were comfortable with that, but as others have said we make some sacrifices for having an amazing SO.

Hugs, Bria

Dianne S
11-28-2014, 09:17 AM
I currently go out once or twice a week, full interaction with vanilla world. I'm working my way to 24x7 but that's probably six months to a year off. I'm at the beginning of transition, but the laser still has a way to go and so far only on spiro... hormones probably in March/April.

Sissy_Michelle
11-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Samantha,
Nice poll. I am assuming that you mean fully en femme?

I have only gone out completely en femme three times (Mardi Gras in Italy, Holloween, and once to the beach in my bikini)

Mardi Gras or "Carnevale", there were four of us on kind of a double date, girls dressed as guys and guys dressed as girls. It was an awesome day. :daydreaming:

Holloween... My girlfriend took me out as a hooker, we went to a club. I was kind of embarrassed because twice guys were asking me how much... :o

Beach... I was with a group of mostly girls and two other guys. I had worn my bikini bottoms under my shorts, when they were noticed my girlfriend's friend reached into her bag and pulled out a string bikini top and offered it to me. So I took off the shorts and put on the top and continued to have a great day with them.

@--}---
Michelle

CynthiaD
11-28-2014, 10:21 AM
I try to go out every Saturday and every Sunday. Some time back I set two rules for myself.

1. Dressing "doesn't count" if you don't go out. I usually don't go out on week days, so I often have several "don't count" dressing sessions during the week. :)

2. Going out doesn't count if you don't interact with the public. All of my "going outs" count. I don't go out for the thrill of it. I go out to do the things one normally does when going out of the house: going to stores and restaurants and stuff like that.

Lynn Marie
11-28-2014, 10:37 AM
My regular routine is GNO every Friday and girls dinner with my BFF every Monday. I'm also out to various other events during the year. More in the summer time, and yes, I interact with the public in the extreme and it's great fun.

Katey888
11-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Why Sammie, I go out most days.... :confused:

Ohhhh!!! You mean en femme, don't you...? ;)

Your question (and the absence of criteria) reveals your perspective, I think...?

Answer = #2 hopefully closer to 5x than 1x and has to be full (but scaredy-cat) interaction...

Katey x

Heidi Stevens
11-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Hey Sam, I'm a 3 but I'd love to be a 4! I have to honor my pledge to not go out when my wife is home. Guess Jennifer Y. and I are in the same situation.:straightface:

Athena_
11-28-2014, 01:14 PM
1. Never.

Someday I will have the courage.

5150 Girl
11-28-2014, 01:25 PM
I go out whenever practical. For me it's not about some kind of fetish thrill, it's about being the person I am on the inside. Now granted, if today is yard work day, or something like that, I go ugly...

avant1465
11-28-2014, 01:29 PM
I "dress" and have coffee with my S/O every morning, when I'm over at her house. That is usually 4 or 5 times a week.....

Annette_boy
11-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Hi I am a24/7 kinda girl I have been fulltime now for 8 years and live my life enfem. I interact with the world and have thus far had no negative experiences.
Perhaps folks here are to polite to say anything if they don't like who I am. I am just being me.

Hugs Annette

Jackie7
11-28-2014, 02:34 PM
I'd be a four, full-on into the vanilla world. Except I sometimes have a month or so when I don't. But I looking forward to my next chance for a full-time week in NYC, probably just before Christmas.

JessicaJHall
11-28-2014, 02:40 PM
2/Once.
I went out on (fairly private) back deck the other day.. no big deal for some, but I've never been outside or even close to an open door or window, so pretty daring for me anyway.

Nadine Spirit
11-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Yes I go out. I am in the #4 category. When I do go out it is with full interaction with the vanilla world.

michelleddg
11-28-2014, 02:54 PM
I'm a 2, but full on vanilla world interaction when the opportunity arises. Hugs, Michelle

Jodi
11-28-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm probably in the 6-12 range now. Way down from what I did 15 years ago. I go to straight venues, ie upscale restaurants, concerts, plays, and museums. Years ago, I started going out to gno's at tranny bars. That got old quickly.

I still enjoy a nice evening out where I can really dress, but the total excitement is gone. I guess I've done my bucket list, and I no longer have the burning desire to go out.

If it is the right activity and the right venue, I will definitely go for it, but my days of going out for the sake of going out are over.

Jodi

Shelly Preston
11-28-2014, 03:22 PM
Well its not quite 24/7 but its much closer to that than even I expected.

So its category 4 for me

Alice B
11-28-2014, 03:32 PM
At least number 3

Madilyn A.
11-28-2014, 03:37 PM
I guess never would be the most correct answer. Have gone for an occasional drive in the evening. A walk after dark. And many years ago a brief "meeting".

Ressie
11-28-2014, 04:14 PM
I never thought I'd go out enfemme in public, and so far I've just barely experienced it. I've been dressed at the Dunes 3 times in the last couple of years, and even went to a restaurant with others this year. No solo outings or going into the vanilla world for any length of time yet. I've never had a strong desire to go public.

Cheryl T
11-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Category 4 for me.
Where? Well anywhere actually. Love to shop so the malls are a favorite, but of late have been focusing resources on a large purchase (not just for me) so I haven't bought anything in some time. Love to eat out, see a movie or whatever. Just average, everyday, real world stuff, like anyone else.

Hell on Heels
11-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Hell-o Sammie,
Most times dressed I step outside, not much chance of anyone seeing me where I live.
If I were to consider the times that I am dressed and drive into town for a walk on a sidewalk.
I'm probably in category #2, possibly squeaking into #3.
Full interaction? Only once, and never forgotten!
Much Love,
Kristyn

natcrys
11-28-2014, 07:51 PM
A solid 4 I would say.. and I've been doing this for the last 5 years. :)

Sometimes it's just going out to meet up with friends do coffee/brunch, sometimes it's going to transgender/LGBTQ social gatherings or support groups meetings.

Usually it's going out shopping and having dinner and drinks afterwards.

And a lot of times.. it's just going out for doing photo and video shoots! :D

Eringirl
11-28-2014, 08:03 PM
4. At least once a week, full on interaction with the juggles of the world, just doing what I need to do, groceries, errands, etc.

Erin

FayeXD
11-28-2014, 08:04 PM
I've never gone out dressed. Not that I'm afraid to, I just haven't ... yet!

I wouldn't mind going to the club, or just doing some basic shopping.

Stephanie Morgan
11-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Only been out in public once, with some unintended full on interaction with the muggles. Was very exciting and if the wife has her way, will be doing it a bit more in the near future. But for now, it stays at just once.

Robin414
11-28-2014, 11:36 PM
I used to about once a month (full dressed) during the evening while the wife was working late but very little recently (past 10 years), when I did I'd walk around the university campus as I spent a lot of time there and interaction in the evening is very light and easy to avoid or find depending on the mood. I find that dressing androgynous is a great compromise though lately. I can 'pass' as a guy but still feel like a woman ;)

Vintage4sarah
11-29-2014, 06:14 AM
I have bounced around a 2.5 over the last several years. It takes the form of time at First Event, a visit to Scarlett's "Open House", at least one visit to Vikki's parties, some out time when I travel once or twice a year by myself and a visit or two to a friend's home. Only when traveling alone does Sarah go out in public while staying at a motel.

Sharon B.
11-29-2014, 06:41 AM
Number 2 here and it is only drives and a few times walking around in the lobby of a post office after hours to hear my heels and to check my reflection in the windows.
I would love to find a friend to go out shopping with, but with being tall and having a deep voice I don't see that happening.

Jamie Christopher
11-29-2014, 09:51 AM
OK Sam I'm a 4.....fun thread,

Jamie

Jenniferathome
11-29-2014, 11:11 AM
I'm a 2 on your scale, 5 times a year, maybe. I just have too much else going on to get out more, it seems.

When out, it's with the normals only. Dinner, shopping, shows, whatever.

Evelyn S
11-29-2014, 11:47 AM
1. Never.

About thirty years ago I would go out for a walk once or twice a month while dressed, but once I got married, started a family, and began my career that changed, and I have not been fully dressed outside of our home since.

Alice Torn
11-29-2014, 11:55 AM
2, once or twice a year. My first year going out, 2005, i went out about 5 times- pink fog.

grace7777
11-29-2014, 12:19 PM
4. These days when I am not working and I go out it is en femme. I do interact with the vanilla world, and do the routine things any gg would do while out. For the Thanksgiving day holidays from Thursday to Sunday, I will be always en femme while out. It would be great to be enfemme 100% of the time, but not possible now.

Judith96a
11-29-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm a #2. I don't get out half as often as I would like but that's life in the closet for you. When I do get out I just interact as necessary with whoever in the vanilla world crosses my path.

drushin703
11-29-2014, 02:44 PM
nice thread Sam...........dana

samantha rogers
11-29-2014, 07:46 PM
Thanks, everyone...no I suppose I will have to tally up results and make one of Kates pie charts...lol

PattiL
11-30-2014, 05:50 AM
Six to twelve times per year and it's alone - I don't have the nerve to do it any other way.

abbylhr
12-01-2014, 01:47 AM
Never category, I am afraid. Went out twice about 10+ years ago, not since.

NicoleScott
12-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Over the decades, with drastic changes (living with parents/alone/with wife and child, near or far from relatives, income, dressing secretly/accepting wife, small town/big city, etc.) I could have answered with any of the numbers. I went out not at all, a little , and a lot at different times depending.....
Now, having been out and enjoyed it, I'm satisfied to dress up privately where there are no rules. I much prefer to dress and make up over-the-top and stay in than tone it down and go out. My most memorable outings were at a tg-friendly club where I didn't need to compromise.

JamieQ
12-01-2014, 01:19 PM
I used to go out about 3-4 times a week. A lot of those were alone walking in parks, stopping at convenience stores for a snack or quick beauty supplies and then several meetings with others I met on here. We pretty much went to the mall and talked. I haven't been out I almost a year. I'm trying to rebuild a business and it's taking all the energy I have. I think when I get out again I'll probably do it more/better. I'm one who has to go out. Dressing in private isn't my thing

Butterfly Bill
12-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Every time I leave the house. Even when I am going to do some get-dirty work I am wearing pink pants.

Sarah Doepner
12-01-2014, 04:36 PM
At home I'm in cat 3, going out to support group meetings monthly and a few Trans* related events during the year. Most of the time I'm in environments that are populated primarily by supporters and allies with occasional visits to get something to eat. However, at least once a year and sometimes more than that, I get down to Las Vegas and I'm almost 24/7. I'll eat, shop, go to shows, museums, gamble or get coffee and I interact with whoever happens to be there.

Ceera
12-01-2014, 05:47 PM
4 - Regularly, 2 to 4 times per month.

A short drive of a couple of miles, mostly through residential neighborhoods, at night, and I spend two to three hours at a gay nightclub, then drive back home. Haven't yet gotten up the courage to go to straight places en-femme.

kimdl93
12-01-2014, 05:53 PM
I go out on a weekly basis at a minimum. When I go out, it's full interaction with the 'vanilla world', which means the local grocery, Starbucks, car wash and oil change place, fed ex, mani-pedis, my bank, and of course, shopping at the mall. On less frequent occassions, I'll go out for drinks and interaction at area TG friendly establishments.

BillieAnneJean
12-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Regularly, an average of fifty to sixty times per year. At least twenty four of them with other CDers. Always in the vanilla world interacting just like anybody would have to. Of the last maybe hundred times OUT I have had less than perfect experiences maybe five times. I will take 5% odds anytime. BTW I still had a great time.

And I take a lot of girls OUT enfemme for their first time. Most frequently with our crossdresser social group. That way they get to experience it in a protected way. Some day a cultural anthropologist is going to run the numbers and find an anomaly of a higher than usual percentage of crossdressers who go OUT enfemme in the Grand Rapids area. I wonder if they will figure out how that happened.

I am going OUT enfemme again Thursday from around noonish to after midnight. I usually take multiple outfits and change after lunch, for dinner, and to go clubbing. I am having........

SUCH FUN!

carhill2mn
12-01-2014, 06:51 PM
I go out several times a week, usually. I interact as if I am a woman.

Glenda58
12-01-2014, 08:15 PM
This is a hard one use to go out all the time before I got remarried. Sometimes 4 times a week shopping, church, dinner, anything that I wanted to do or need to do. Now only 1 or 2 times a year when the wife out of town.

Jaymees22
12-01-2014, 08:23 PM
I was a 3 but now I'm happy at a 1.5, I think I got it out of my system and seem happy at home most of the time. Hugs Jaymee

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I go out at least once per month, probably 18-20 times a year. Shopping mostly but have flown fully femm at least once a year for the last 5 years. I go shoe shopping quite a bit, always try on the shoes at the store and dress shopping/clothes and always try the clothes on at the store. I just hate to have to return things.

Elle1946
12-02-2014, 02:58 PM
I haven't gone out for years and when I did it was in limited dress.

Diane Lynn
12-02-2014, 03:30 PM
I am a 4. I go out several times a week, and dress at home most of the time. Wife still like`s that other person once in a while. When out, I go any place but the men`s room. Oh yes on the V word.

Nanny Logan
12-08-2014, 05:54 PM
3# I go out more than 10 times a year, and I love it!
usually just walk alone (unfortunately I do not have friends to share) or a drive somewhere.
For me, Slowly becoming more necessary to go out.

S. Lisa Smith
12-08-2014, 07:01 PM
#3 6-12 times a year. I go out shopping....

Kim Young
12-09-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm a 4 but not a 5. There's a big difference between once or twice a week and 24/7 so I just thought I'd add that extra number.
But it would be nice if it were all the same and I could go 24/7, but not all the time.

I go for coffee, dinner, shopping or any errands a gg would do. Now I'm looking for errands to do en femme. I don't have any girl friends to meet up with on my outings. That would be nice.

Sarina Curtis
12-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Unfortunately I'm a one in this category. But with a few more additions I hope to jump into the 2 category in 2015!!

Sarina