PDA

View Full Version : cd bingo

tara 24-7
01-26-2006, 10:13 PM
i returned back to ireland after 11 happy years abroad to a find a tv bingo slot on the tv, and guess what, the presenter was a t/v, c.d. drag queen in full dress presenting the show, it aired at 10pm. all the grannies here would sit around the t v and scratch off there bingo numbers. this went on for a few years without complaints from viewers.
then the t v slot time was changed to 4.30 pm. big mistake !!!! (prime time kids t v)
there was uproar here, calling for (shirly temple bar) to be taken off the t v.

but there was a snag, shirlys contract with the t.v company had 2 weeks left to run, so it was decided that shirley would do the show in drab as a man.
we all waited with bated breath to see shirly as a man the next sunday.

my s,o and i were invited to her mothers for lunch that sunday, no way were gonna miss that show, so we bought bingo tickets on the way there and gave them to my s,o mother, so she would watch the show.

the show was billed as shirleys big brother (decland) doing the show for shirly due to illness, yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!

we all sat there and declan came on tv in drab, (i felt sorry for the poor cow) my s,o mother said (you can tell shirly and declan are brother and sister!!!!!!!!!! ) i had no choice but to spit the tea in my mouth out due to fits and fits of laughter my s,o cryed laughing, never seen her laugh so much ever. but we never told my s,o mother the truth, we laughed all the way home.
so you see ladies theres hope for us all. kisses tara,xxxx

Jasmine Ellis
01-28-2006, 08:36 AM
Yes but it gose to show there are a lot of viewers who can stop anythink that they what!
Instead of turning off the TV or turning over they sit there watching and then put the complaints in.

TGMarla
01-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Too bad it fell out that way....but it's still a funny story. I'm surprised they let Shirley go on for so long in drag. That took some guts.

tara 24-7
01-28-2006, 09:03 AM
you dont know how much guts hon, especially here in ireland!!!! bigots!!! catholics, and we are shunned!!! but you gotta get on with who you are, and somone gotta show em, kisses tara xxxx